Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lowriding/Cruising in Japan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by james1savage, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I almost gacked when I saw the Camero, but it got way better after that! Thanks!

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Pretty sweet video

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Whats the big deal about the Camaro (not Camero)? Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, even Corvairs and Vegas were pretty popular with lowriders back in the late 60s and 70s.

4. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

To the polite man above me.

If you would have givin it more than 43 seconds you would have seen that they had some real nice cars. I personally think its awesome that this culture lived on in Japan, If I, and Im sure alot of other guys on here, lived over there we would be hanging out with them guys.

5. Waddaycare, this shit is traditional when you start at 1:17 and go forward.

I care how they do it in Japan because they have some of the nicest rides around, along with Finland, Sweden, etc.....

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

What is "traditional"? Here on the H.A.M.B, people talk about putting Alternators, IFS, 5 speed trannys and 9 inch rear ends. That's not staying true to 40s,50s and early sixties tradition.

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Amen! Wow they have some GREAT cars, I dont really dig the music so I mute the music and play some Dale Watson! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Sam

8. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Thoes are some of the coolest paint jobs i have ever seen, they are doing it up over there.

9. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Watch the whole video before you start bitchin and moanin, then if you dont like it move on, there are plenty of guys on this site that will like it.
    Believe it or not the world is bigger than just the USA. :eek:

10. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

I sold a set clear green plug wires from the 60s for an inline-6 to a guy in Japan. So I asked him what they were going on & he sent me a picture. It was 49 GMC Suburban that was a total low rider. Spoke rims viser chain steering wheel and chrome everything!! The whole nine yards. He had to of a wad of money into that thing

11. r7bis

r7bis

beautiful cars and killer paint jobs

12. Deadender60

Deadender60

Traditional or not, these Japanese get it!

http://www.local-hero.jp
    for more cool photos & footage.

I'll be hanging with these guys this week before the Mooneyes Yokohama Show!

-Juan

13. CARtoons Magazine

CARtoons Magazine
    from Canada

That would be crazy to go to Japan expecting to see little rice burners zipping around. Then you see a huge cruise with led sleds, hot rods, lowriders and kustoms cruise'n around. I respect that they like the American car culture.

14. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Hell yeah that's bad ass! I love the posts on here from Japan. There hot rod/car culture is huge over there.

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Man, those are some of the baddest rods on the planet!

16. n847

n847

I dig it...I still love a good lowrider from time to time, just don't wanna own one! That being said all that guys videos are cool, some seriouse rides over there, I really respect what they have to go through to get cars, parts, and even information on some of those rides!

17. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

Wow. Some of that stuff is unreal!

18. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

well to start off with everyone where ever they may be from are looking at what we are doing here in the U.S.A. and we are the originators of what is being duplicated every where else. i feel honored that other countries want what er have and worked for. what is originated here is global.

being so one sided is the wrong thing to do.

do everyone a favor;

GO BACK TO THE HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU HAVE LEARNED TO BE A CONTRIBUTOR INSTEAD OF A CRITIC.......

19. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

beating us at are own game. they should rename "yokohama", "pico rivera"

20. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Truer words never said !.... :)

21. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i mean "pico rivera san"

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When I was building my T, one of my cousins stationed in Japan emailed me some pics from over there. The Japanese hot rodders are kickin' ass over there and they kick it HARD!

Consider what it cost to do a car like the ones in that video at the current $ exchange.:eek:

23. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

That was great. The quality of the work on those cars looks top notch. The chopped 56 with the swamp cooler at 1:43 is killer.

24. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

I could of been fooled! Looks like a ELA car club/cruise night. Awesome!!!

25. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

or East L.A-San
    Those Japs are on the right track.

26. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

27. jtek

jtek

those guys in japan are doing there thing..nice to see other countries following in our traditions...love lowriders have had alot of them and building a 69 impala hardtop now:)

28. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

reported

29. Talent and an eye for style, not exclusive to the US... Appreciate what our hot rod brethren are doing, don't worry about 'where' they are doing it.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011