Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what is your winter project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Nov 22, 2011.

1. harley rider

harley rider

wifes 39 chevy sedan. new engine ,new wiring, hotrod black paint .tring to finish for car show end of feb.

Attached Files:

2. Don't go there!! No rest for the wicked....

Attached Files:

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Hope to fix all the leaks that have sprung up lately and get my quarters patched up. Would be thrilled to get my exhaust done too.

4. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

My 36 3-window.

Attached Files:

5. famdoc3

famdoc3

finished the rotesserie, now to the rust repair after 95,000 miles of daily driver service (winter salt is a bitch). Bought new quarters from Bookville. Now just have to figure out the rust proofing. Way too old to do it again in a few years. MIKE

Attached Files:

6. Jibs

Jibs

Working to get my 29 Essex 3 window chassis done. Then assemble the engine, trying to get it on the road early summer of 12.

Attached Files:

7. No Clue...

No Clue...
    from Lusk, WY

Get my father/son project done so it can be driven.

8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Very cool project, look forward to seeing more

9. plmczy

plmczy

make room in my little garage so I can work comfortably. Install a 2 way light switch so I can turn on the lights by the man door instead of going around to the front and opening up the garage door all the time. Put in more outlets for power instead of just the one in front and one in the back. Add some better lighting. Build my metal working table so I can mount my beadroller and shrinker stretcher I got back in the spring. Finally start working religously on my 40 dodge. I've owned this car for 7 years now and need to get going on it.

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I'm finishing my '37 Chevy...then starting my '37 Ford P/U. I can't wait to start a new build! :D

WOW...those are the first pics I've seen of your new '36, Doug...that thing is super clean!! Can't wait to see it!:cool:

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

Get some real progress on this...since I did not have time to touch it all summer...wanna get the main bodyshell roughed in and primed,make some flush fit skirts,install 42 grill in custom surround,lower it ,remove body finish and paint frame, sandblast and paint underside of the body,blast front clip and doors...and..and...I better get my ass off the computer and out to the shop!

[​IMG]

12. You have WAY to much cool shit!!!Todd

13. outlaw256

outlaw256

im finishing up my wifes ot 67 impala right now. but i got a glass 41 willys i want to do.a 63 fairlane i want to build a gasser style out of. shoot some color on my galaxie and the grandson mustang and build my 49 ford flathead pu. oh what to do. by the time i decide it will be spring and i wont have gottin shit done on any of them lol

14. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Goal is to have caddy going by my birthday, april 30th. Got to put in new fuel tank, fix wiring issues, disc brake conversion up front, replace rear brake lines and shoes, finish hooking up quadrajet(both vac and fuel lines), new tires, body and paint work, and a new windshield. Limiting factor is mostly money.

15. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Earlier I posted in this tread my winter project plans. Well, it's started...On Friday we (brother & I) got the nasty ugly corvair front end out and the brackets cut off then today we dropped out the TH-350. Putting in a dropped axle w/ hairpins and new column and a muncie 4-speed. Here's a few progress pics...
    112511124808.jpg

110.JPG

111.JPG

112.JPG

116.JPG

117.JPG

118.JPG

16. das858

das858

1. work on my Bonneville race car project. 2. add more insulation in my shop, and better heat source. 3. get the wives convertible ready for Des Moines Good guys next summer. 4. repair or replace radiator in '38 Plymouth truck.

17. Poor Horatio

Poor Horatio
    from Mayberry

Well im workin on my 23 T-Bucket started a few mounths ago. I hope to have it done soon cant wate to drive it.

18. unclerichard

unclerichard
    from Michigan

'30 Ford 2 dr sedan.......flathead power

19. Royalscadillacs

Royalscadillacs

Finish the bodywork and paint the 67 Deville convert, goal is to be driving it by april

20. garcoal

garcoal

finishing the projects from the last 4 winters. my tbird hasnt seen the light of day for about 5 years. just doing enough to get it back on its feet and in the driveway not on jackstands

21. dirtydog53

dirtydog53
    from Chicago

get the custom metal work on the dash of my sled done. got some rad ideas!!

22. 343w

343w

I've got a 53 Victoria to build for my wife, it's been sitttin for 8 years in the tall grass so the rust has been at work on the bottom of the ole girl. I plan to get the parts collected up and have the chassis rolling by spring. Anyone got a parts car in the south?

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Nice, it's great to see your finally able to get it all done...can't wait to see it!:cool:

24. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

I need to get my patch panels and floor back in my '53 so I can get started on the body work. Maybe it will see the road next summer??? Finally got a furnace for the garage after 5 cold years... took the last 3 weeks off of the car to build shelving, work benches, liquidate, and organize the garage to get ready for the white fluffy stuff to fall.

Anyone need a looong harley chopper rolling chassis? This thing takes up just as much room as my '53. Bought it for the engine/trans... Damn impulse buys...

- Jon

25. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

New Comp Cam,lifters,valve springs.Picked up a stock rear end,gonna narrow it.That should keep me busy thru the cold months

27. Hopefully finish up the '29 Roadster...we'll see.

28. boutlaw

boutlaw

Finish up the coupe, all the little stuff, to include pulling the engine, again, to replace the long style pressure plate and replace with a diaphragm style, which will enable the hyd clutch system to work a bit easier. Its all the little stuff that takes so much time. Next week I will finish up the windshield frame which will finally let me install the glass and I can drive it further than just around the neighborhood. I will definitely be on the road by springtime, can't frickin wait.

BOutlaw

29. Shoebox winter to do list:
    *Ad some side trim for elegance
    *Mount a electrical push type fan to keep the flatty cool during those hot summer days when in traffic
    *Change the regular rear leaf spring suspension to 4" Jamco lowering leaf springs
    *Remake the door sides (will ad some vinyl in the same color and tuck & roll pattern as the seats)
    *Remove the rear seams on the shoebox
    *Fix the sagging door hinges
    *A few minor adjustments will also be done
    And if I can and have time, I will start to experiment with a bullet delete grille

[​IMG]

30. jeffh547

jeffh547
    from Florida

Here is mine, a 52 Plymouth Suburban, but we don't really have a winter here. This weekend it will be in the 80's. I bought it from "BurqueBulli" in Joplin, Mo. Should be here in Florida in about a week. My plans are to get it safe & drivable and go from there. I have not had a Plymouth in about 40 years and have never worked on them, :confused: I'm a GM guy. This will be a whole new thing for me. :eek:
    I'll try to remember to take lots-o-pics and maybe do a build thread. At almost 65 my hard-drive is almost full, so I'll probably have to delete some Memory just to learn some new tricks. I think I'm up to it. :p

[​IMG]