Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turkey Run who going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Aug 19, 2011.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The same manager is probably still there as there were quite a few cars with for sale signs there last year and its the same with across the street in the plaza.

2. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

1939 Ford Standard Coupe....."8 Ball" on the door
    Just look for the Dude with the pretty Gal!

3. erlomd

erlomd

Whoops...this is what happens when you don't pay attention to what thread your posting at...lol
    Sorry guys...lol
    Meant to say good guys Scottsdale...lol

4. flamin01a

flamin01a

What is the "church of chop show"?

5. Loppy

Loppy

It's a kustom-kulture-rat-rod-hot-rod-custom-pin-up-music party! Just go! I'll be packed full of bad ass rides, hot chicks, and great music!

Go to page 3 in this thread. You can read all about it on my post there.

6. FLLDYTRKR

FLLDYTRKR
    from SW FL

Everyone heading south Travel Safe....

7. JMel

JMel

Well...i'm here in Daytona, but I didn't know about the event. Here visiting family and just enjoying the beach and scenary. Really pissed off that I don't have one of my cars...especially my '27 since the weather has been so nice.

On a side note, I've been over to the Ruby Tuesdays a couple of times at the gathering...tried talking to a few people and some are the most anti-social and/or stuckup asses I've ever met. Its like they couldn't be bothered. Have never gotten attitude from car people like that back home in Dallas, in Austin at the Roundup, or in Biloxi at Cruisin' the Coast. I know its not a true representation of people in the SouthEast, but walked away a bit perplexed about the attitude. Couple of the nicest conversations I had were a couple of northeasterners....one from Maryland, and another from Virginia Beach.

Not sure what the others problems were. Stick shoved up too far their ass i suppose. Maybe they didn't know that I was in the "club", but I'm unsure why it should matter.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I used to feel that way about the Street Rod Nats in Tampa, you would pay someone a compliment on their car and they would look at you like you were pondscum. But I went last year and found it totally different, so I guess a few bad apples can give you the wrong impression.

If you stick around through the weekend you will find a super nice bunch of rodders and car lovers in Daytona. Most people don't start showing up until after Thursday, then the town blows up x 10,000.

Don

9. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

JMEL, Welcome to Florida.

10. JMel

JMel

I know its not a true representation...but first 3 or 4 people I talked with just came across as dicks. Just as you said...pay a compliment or ask a question, and would either get ignored, or get a "whatever" look or attitude. I'm here with my parents, who I've taken to more than a few shows or events...they even commented about the attitude they have received from some people stating that the crowd seems to be different back home.

We're with family on Thursday, and driving back to Dallas on Friday. Did make a point to schedule time at the track Friday morning and afternoon before driving back though.

Hope to see some of you out there.

11. JMel

JMel

Ha! Thanks Spiffy!

12. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am about ready to get in the 55 and head down and should be down there by 9 tonight.

13. THEKID49

THEKID49

A group of us are leaving soon as well. Should be up there before noon.

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Every one heading to Daytona have a safe trip and a Happy Turkey Run!
    Don't forget about Garlits in March.

15. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Most of those assholes at belair right now are just dealers. They park there on monday and dont move there cars till they sell them or leave on sunday. If you notice you will see the same cars in the same spot in the first few row's. Gregg

16. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

One more thing . Stop over at the HAMB parking area if you go to the show. We will be at the very east end of the lake

17. On a side note, I've been over to the Ruby Tuesdays a couple of times at the gathering...tried talking to a few people and some are the most anti-social and/or stuckup asses I've ever met. Its like they couldn't be bothered.

Not sure what the others problems were. Stick shoved up too far their ass i suppose. Maybe they didn't know that I was in the "club", but I'm unsure why it should matter.[/QUOTE]
    I live here(FL.) and have run into some of the same people.The Daytona car club membership is mostly guys w/wallet cars that wouldn't give you the sweat off of their armpits if you were dying of thirst.
    I was going to the TRR w/the money from selling the 59 wagon but I guess dmikulec (Dave) backed out after lying about sending the $$,So I'll be at home working on the sedan delivery.:rolleyes:

18. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

I'll be there Saturday, bringing a late model camaro though.

19. zzford

zzford

Bill, I'll bet the parking and traffic situation was a lot easier to deal with.

20. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

I will be out in the 50, it has been parked far too long and needs to see the road!

21. Leoraf

Leoraf

Carrier bearing broke again! I'll be there but not in my 62 impala.

22. erlomd

erlomd

The truck is there on display at the 59 covered parking spot...come check it out!

23. erlomd

erlomd

Here's a pic

Attached Files:

24. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Glad to hear you had no problems driving it from Arizona. Are you going to be at the plaza across from La Playa, too?

25. Savannah Red

Savannah Red

We will leave early on Friday, spend the day there, hit the plaza &
    head north in the evening. Makes for a long day but worth it.:D

26. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

My father in law is just down from you. He has the FISH carburetor car

27. erlomd

erlomd

Actually this is my brothers truck...and he drove from ft lauderdale....lol Arizona is a bit of a long shot...lol
    But yeah no problems!

28. cadman89

cadman89

I was there Thanksgiving day.

Dinner was a Cracker Barrel and it was more than OK.

I have taken over 300 pictures for the Turkey Run Website. I am still working on them and will take more on Saturday. You can the pictures that I have taken so far at:

http://www.jalopyweb.com/turkeyrun11/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cadman

29. erlomd

erlomd

Some more...

Attached Files:

30. erlomd

erlomd

Sweet! Nice rides!
    And cracker barrel was great!