Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1946-1948 plymouths!! Lets see em!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigrickl74, Apr 12, 2011.

1. no55mad

no55mad

This 48 was originally purchased by the govt of Egypt. It was in Egypt for 40 years and then came back to the US to live at it's birthplace, Michigan. As of this summer, it is now in Calif. There are a couple stickers on the dash that say 'AAA of Egypt'. Maybe someone else out there knows some history of this car. It has the original drivetrain. These pix were taken at the weekly Sat morning Pismo Derelicts get together, last weekend. www.pismoderelicts.com

Attached Files:

2. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

3. rustychrome

rustychrome

Chiming in...heres mine.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ratty47 and yetiskustoms like this.
  4. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

bring the plymouth back to life .

5. 50PlySD

50PlySD
    from Austin, TX

I've got a 1950 Special Deluxe 2 door I picked up locally a few months ago. I love the body style and the straight 6 with 3 on the tree! My grandfather had one when I was a kid and I thought it was cool how smooth he worked that column shifter. There are some good products out there for hopping up the old MOPARs, but they aren't cheap. Check out Vintage Speed...tons of cool stuff there.

6. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

Here's mine. I have it in the shop right now getting it dialed in. not sure right now if Im gonna just lower it or bag it.

[​IMG] ]

7. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

^^^^^^^Bag it bag it bag it. They look bad ass on the ground!

8. skooch

skooch

This is my 46. it's got a ways to go, but I love this car.
    <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> [​IMG] [​IMG]

Way Cool!

</fieldset>

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Hey Skooch, whats the pedigree on your car cuz it ain't a Plymouth. They didn't use the 3 window style till late 49. Some of it looks DeSoto.

10. skooch

skooch

11. RAR1947

RAR1947
    from Minnesota

I've got one to add. Flat 6 with dual carbs, split exhaust and an overdrive trans.

Attached Files:

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Side note, all you guys running those little 4 inch air cleaners. Dump them, they are way to restrictive, in single or dual applications. I ran them for about two years, and put them on for shows, but I run a home made unit on my duals and promptly picked up appreciable response and 2 miles per gallon. Several folks have also used a longer screw and use 2 elements per application to good results also.

13. Here is a pic of my 1947 P15. For the life of me, I have never understood why these cars are not as sought after as a 46-48 Ford or Chevy. They do not appear much different from other makes. Opinions or theories welcome.

Attached Files:

14. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Skooch, who did your chop. Looks good! Im 15 min from you and never seen it around. Come by the shop some time.

15. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Sorry, Gutierrez Auto in Lindsay

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

People like buggy springs, closed drivelines, overheating engines, vapor lock, and babbit bearings just to much to enjoy/ appreciate these More modern mopars.

17. dndrodshop

dndrodshop
    from Wales

Sedan - RB Mopar Motor, Auto, Power Disc, Power Rack
    Utility Sedan - 318 Mopar, 5-speed, Bagged, Slow moving project.

Attached Files:

18. chris' 38

chris' 38

Just picked up a 47 business coupe to go with the 38 coupe. Price was right plus brand new Coker classic radials, new gas tank, brake lines and a bunch of parts. Runs and drives in same family since new. Wish I could post pics from iPhone.

19. skooch

skooch

I bought the car 4-5 years ago mostly completed from Aaron Valencia who has a shop in Lancaster. It was cool cause he had done all the major work that I couldn't do and I got to finish it. I recently rounded the top of the doors and added a 41 cadillac bumper.
    Thanks for the invite, next time I'm that way I will stop by.

20. Those 46-48 coupes look nice & yours is no exception. Just thought I'd post a pic of my 38 coupe-also my avatar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  21. yourpc48

yourpc48

Heres are some shots of my 47 P15 Coupe. The day I got it home to driving it right now. No interior yet. Still has the flathead. Want to change a few mechanical things. But I drive it almost every day. Rain or Shine! :D

side_with_trailer_and_truck.jpg front_drivers_side.jpg engine.jpg 100_0686.JPG plymouth rear.jpg 100_1298.jpg 100_1297.jpg

22. My '46 Special Deluxe Business Coupe, Dodge flat 6 with Sharp aluminum head, Edmunds intake, 2 Holly Weber carbs, tube headers, duals with Porter mufflers.

[​IMG]

23. Don Coatney

Don Coatney

Here is my rat rod and she is a driver. 48 P-15 with a Desoto long block flathead 6, T-5, 3.55/1 differential, and dual everything carbs-points-exhaust. The first two pictures were taken in Detroit a couple years back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sterling, VA across the road from Dulles Airport.

[​IMG]

These were taken in Tulsa, OK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bigadams stable in south Georgia

[​IMG]

Charlotte, NC

[​IMG]

24. theDISCOpunk

theDISCOpunk
    from La Mesa,Ca

ya Im gonna bag it

25. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

When your done messing around with the 38 just let me no. I take it off your hands at no charge. Lol! Great looking car!

26. old rat

old rat

Mine is a 1949 first series (same as the 46-48 but a few were built into early 49) P15, 2 door sedan. All stock at the moment. Love those old MOPAR's

27. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Hey yourpc48, already winning?!?!

Nice! ;)

28. yourpc48

yourpc48

Yep! Already winning. I have had the car for 2 years this month. Not bad for working on it in my spare time for the first year and then once drivable working on it while driving it every day. Hows your truck coming along?

29. Tim Keith

Tim Keith

Don Coatney, thats not a rat rod! I have a '46 business coupe and a '48 business - both are double ugly. One has running 218. Any P15 is good by me.

Tim

30. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Well, I'm copying your paint and wheels. :D

Anyhow, I'll add a few pics to the thread. This '48 belongs to Ron in Lebanon (don't know if he is on HAMB), who sold me a bunch of parts for my F1. Volare front clip, all Mopar running gear and tons of custom work. It is a sweet ride.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012