Register now to get rid of these ads!

For those of you that loved Garage Magazine welcome to Autocult!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I got mine at Books a Million in Rock Hill, sc. today. There were 4 or 5 more on the shelf.

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

we gotem @ gambino kustoms 408 561 5744

3. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

wonderful rag, glad stoner kept the spirit alive! Thankyou for the great read!

4. where is this Shell truck stop located?

5. NOTCH

NOTCH

I picked up only a few issues fo me and some bros from Barnes & Nobles , But I should have grabbed the whole Frickin stack!
    But anyway, Its a cool mag for Damn Sure.. Great Job.
    I wish Stoner and the Crew all the best. and I will support AutoCult 100%
    Notch.

6. AutoCult is Good !

7. Great Magazine, Do yourself a favor and track it down. The History of the Ratrod article is worth the price of admission alone. If you loved the early issues of Garage this is for you.

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I got one left. $20 includes shipping in US. Hit me up.

9. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

I think you will regret not getting in on this mag from issue 1.
    Like Dan writes, if you don't get this mag from the start, it was never for you anyways.
    Oh, and I have 2 spare issues left for savvy kiwi hambers!
    Bring on issue 2!

10. I hope you mean for comedic value?!?!?

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought mine over the weekend at Hastings. Very kool and looking forward
    to future issues.

Happy Trails, Mick

12. desertdroog

desertdroog

Anyone have one left?

I'd like one, still.

13. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Two Saturdays ago, Barnes and Noble in Modesto, CA had a ton of them on the shelf.

I've not been back since then, but you never know...

dv

14. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I've looked around in the Chicago west suburbs but haven't found it. If anybody knows where it's available, feel free to let me know.

15. 392_hemi

392_hemi

So it's a hot rod lifestyle magazine with an article on the History of the Rat Rod in the first issue and an ad featuring Kim Kardashian on the home page? Thanks, but think I'll pass.

16. Do you have it? and did you read it. It was a roundtable discussion with many of the guys that were involved into the now global thing called " traditional hot rodding and kustoms, or what you come on this site for. What has now transended into " traditional Hot Rod Scene " if you will came out of those cars showing up at places like the HRR and Paso in the early 90's. Those cars were like it or not called Rat Rods, mainly because magazines etc, needed to call them something. Those early cars were well thought out, had killer old speed parts, and the look, some minus the paint.

If you want comedic value go buy Old School Rods and check out the cool 46 ford truck cab with a 32 grill shell, the junkyard 305 with straight stacks, tractor tires, and a cool patinad, military themed paintjob.

Whether you want to admit it or not that first issue of Hot Rod Deluxe with the Choppers on the cover brought the very thing we all love on the HAMB to the masses. No comedic value, just a great article on what those guys brought to everybodys attention and a look at what it has turned into

17. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Congrats to Dan for getting this off the ground. Will stop by Aero-Autobooks to grab an issue. Thanx 4 the heads up. It was great to be featured in his GARAGE Mag.
    It was an out of the box deal!

18. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Here's a list of most of the "discussers" from the article in question:

Robert Williams
    Keith Weesner
    Alex Idzardi
    Jim Bouchard
    Emily Dutton Frye
    Gary Frye
    Dan Collins
    Steve Sellers
    Chris Cooper

It's NOT an article about throwing together a car with just any old junkyard parts, it's about them seeking out and building their cars with the traditional stuff the street rodders were just ignoring or chucking out.

dv

19. id like one if someone can hook me up

20. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I agree. I'm not knocking the magazine but it's not something I'd buy, personally. I would think that car guys would want car magazines about cars, not about what some guy driving a Model A listens to on his travels or what clothes is being wore inside a Merc. I saw the magazine in my local bookstore and immediately lost interest when I saw the cover. I don't need to look at girls with cars. I see plenty of girls on campus. I don't see enough hot rods everyday, especially here, so magazines and the HAMB just about give me my daily dose.

Best wishes to the magazine though. Hope they all do great with it. Maybe it'll evolve into something I'll like in the future.

22. bdk1976

bdk1976

Just as an FYI -I ordered a few copies from that site several days ago and they sent me an email later in the day saying they were out of stock and were cancelling my order. Said they'd let me know if/when they got more in, but who knows...

23. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

the story i got today was that there was only 2,000 copies printed,i could not find it anywhere ,and i'm a magazine junkie,jonesn' bad for one !!!

24. Killer

Killer

got mine....

[​IMG]

25. Dude seriously. I didnt read a music review in there, didn't get any fashion tips ( god knows the wife would dig that ), Are you really saying there were no cars in that magazine?? How about the bad ass Henry J Gasser. Aside from the killer cover ( a Coop decal come to life ) I didnt see a bunch of girls. You say you love cars, and love girls ( even claim too see plenty on campus) so whats wrong with combining them? Notice she was no rock-a-silly wanna be hey chicks had sleeves and bright red hair in the 50's right chick either! Are you sure you were even in the car section? sounds like you were reading Better Homes and Garden! For shits and grins what magazines do you enjoy?? I'm just wondering. I dig it. I love cars, but I also like to read about things related to cars, and things I never knew about.

26. Ummmm Killer I could use that Garage issue #1 to complete my set. Do not, I repeat do not let that fall in the shitter!!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  27. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

28. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

Too expensive for a mag

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Like I said.. Not trying to knock the magazine. If you like it then that's cool. I didn't get to read it as it had the plastic cover on it so I can't really justify what's on the inside. The cover threw me off though. There's nothing wrong with combining girls and cars, but I prefer just the cars. As for what I read, I read Rod & Custom, The Rodder's Journal, Hot Rod Deluxe (yes, even with the girls inside it), and the occasional Rod & Kulture or Street Rodder.

All I shared was my honest opinion. Don't take it personally.