Register now to get rid of these ads!

LOW static dropped drivers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Jun 5, 2011.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How's this? I had the jack behind it because I was toying with raising the back an inch... Haven't got around to it yet. I figured after 200,000 miles Iwould change something!

Attached Files:

61Cruiser likes this.
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha ha ha! I love that story! But you have no idea how wrong you are...

I had just come back from a late season sales trip in my Plymouth above that took me as far north in the states as Port Townsend, Wa., with a quick trip on the ferry across the sound to Victoria, B.C. I had just driven damn near a couple thousand miles through snow from the Cascades on down to get home on say, Wednesday. Friday night, my buddy Elpollacko and I went to a local cruise night here in Phoenix, at 35th Ave. and Bethany Home. After dinner, 'Pollacko had a quick errand to run, and took my car to do it. As I watched him come down the street on his return, I had been talking with two older guys from Canada down for the winter. Elpollacko made his left turn into the lot, my car's bumper gently touched down and gave its happy little "grunch" that indicates proper stance and ground clearance. The gentelman to my left said "That's the only problem with you guys down here and building hot rods... You make them too damn low to ever practically drive anywhere!!!" Imagine his suprise when I told him I had just driven it from his neck of the woods.
    One man's crazy is another man's daily driver! And I might add, although my dental hygene has always been excellent and I have never had a filling, I wouldn't worry about loosing my fillings due to ride qualities with all of the time I have spent building suspension around ride height.

Always kinda wondered why you guys up north and back East build your cars so high?

61Cruiser likes this.
  3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Come on over......I'll show how we 'up north' guys build cars. If insects don't fear decapitation, it ain't low enough.

61Cruiser likes this.
  4. I drove a really low mini truck when I was a kid, delivering pizzas no less, in Pasadena TX with it's shitty roads back in the 80s. Just have to be careful and pay attention.

5. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

A-MEN...

Other than my "off topic" off roading Blazer ALL my toys are "stupidly" lowered according to blue one, but as long as your carefull AND pay attention it is all good in the 'hood!!! Yes I have a couple of juiced cars too, but my daily is static. Even up here in the damn SNOW!!!!

61Cruiser likes this.
  6. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

What is this "snow" thing you speak of.... Doesn't sound good . Glad I don't have to deal with it.

7. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Yeah, your LUCKY!!!!! Not something I enjoy at all!!!
    Go check out CHRIS here on the HAMB he loves it so much he takes pictures in it!?!?!?! Goofy fucker that he is.

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

My vert, Static at about the scrub line or a tad under. My truck even lower than that.They both ride pretty good but you MUST keep a good eye out while driving, especially for road kill!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  9. My truck is kinda low in the front,,the bumper is 7" of the ground,,the poor ol' splash apron has been hammered several times,it's about 3" above the road. HRP

[​IMG]

10. I have hydros in the rear, but the front is a static drop, i want to say about 4"-5" 1289508907518.jpg

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

mine..

Attached Files:

61Cruiser likes this.
  12. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

This is my 51 Merc the "Suicide King" driven daily 62 miles roundtrip 5 days a week rain or shine.Stance is Everything On a Kustom!
    [​IMG]

61Cruiser likes this.
  13. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Oh yeah! That thing rules!!

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

16. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

Thanks Flathead Pete ! Im enjoyin it

17. 51' on s-10 frame 2" spindles and 3" blocks. Stock coils and shocks. Front bumper actually can be pushed up or down a little so it would appear lower or higher. Overall, it's about as low as I'd go on a static drop, too much shit I can't go up or down. I like the stance and the ride, I'm happy with it. Running boards are about 6" off ground if I remember correctly.

Attached Files:

61Cruiser likes this.
  18. RDR

RDR

over a hundred thousand miles in 10 states/13 years....
    Nova front end cut coils....10 bolt rear on reversed eye springs with lowering blocks and air shocks if needed for extra cargo....
    rode excellent, no jarring teeth....but spark showers at nite once in awhile
    .....worked for me.....

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

2 inche drop spindles on an '83 Cutlass front clip......and yeah it gets driven alot :rolleyes::D

[​IMG]

61Cruiser likes this.
  20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No bags, I built it so if anything dragged it was the frame rails, not the shiny sheetmetal.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

21. chopt49

chopt49

perfection!

Black_Sheep likes this.
  22. -sean-

-sean-

X2!!! :eek:

23. Imperial Kustom

Imperial Kustom

Too many awesome rides! All my junk is rediculousy low too, some static and some on air, but I have no peektures. I hate driving anything higher than 2 1/2"-3" at the rockers. Never a problem with drivability. Build 'em right and know how to drive 'em is key.

24. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Damn man, that truly is a VERY nicely and well executed build!!!

25. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I wanna drop my '53 Desoto over the winter, problem is my pipes bottom out at stock ride hight. pipes are tucked up as high as they can be.

Is anyone else having issues like this? How'd you cure this?

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

This is by far my favorite car from the HAMB, which pretty much makes it my favorite car ever. It is absolutely perfect and I'm not a Mercury guy. Very well done.

You sold it a while back, what ever became of it? I hope it's getting driven. I just love it.

27. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

Low n slow Red headed Stepchild

59 Brookwood w/ 59 Pontiac clip, and a 71 Buick 350. I have most parts to put bags under it, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  28. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

No air bags on my 46 ford. I could just get my boot under the front of the running board. I would have to avoid speed bumps and I couldn't get into most driveways with it. I wish I never would of sold it.The snowy pic is in Germany w/ its new owner.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete likes this.
  29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Dropped uprights, cut coils, de-ached rear springs. Rides great and I can get in and out of driveways.
    IMG_1601.jpg