Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ....Some People....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Nov 21, 2011.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we were thinking about putting signs in it but then thought that it would just make people want to touch it more. This guys was no kid. he was older, probably in his sixties. He knew better. he just didnt know he was being watched. He got caught and he knew it. He was scared when he saw my boyfriend standing at the door and we could tell. I think when you catch someone doing this youre mind doesnt automatically go into the "im pissed off" mode...get the hell off my car. We were in a state of shock that this was happening 15 feet in front of us. the windows were rolled up on the car which probably made him want to open the door even more....because apparently you can see anything through that vintage glass...haha...

2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i was tempted to pertend that we were there checking out the car too and then ask" so is this your car" and see what he said.

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't work so well in a building with floors, but at outdoor shows, the below unit in the trunk and a little ground rod driven into the dirt under the car certainly keeps the touchy-feely hands off the car. A hidden switch mounted under the rear bumper is easily turned on or off with a plastic straw.

http://www.parmakusa.com/old_files/magnum.htm

4. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

apparently your car is a magnet for asshats. i would not have been as nice to someone who climbed in my car.

5. Society has no understanding of other people's property these days and just don't get it. As you can tell from my user name, I own a BMW Isetta from the 50's among many other things. I used to like to bring mine to shows as the average person just hasn't seen one in person and are surprised by the front of the car opening as its only door. After getting tired of the smart rube showing his dumber friends how to get into the car and then banging the now closed door latch trying to close it, I decided it was just best to leave the door open so all can see how it works with the articulated steering wheel and all. That was until a minority family with a couple animal kids came by and decided to jump into the car and hop up & down on the seat yanking on the steering wheel and anything else they could. I ran across the lot screaming at the parents and their reply was being the door was open they thought it was an invitation to go inside. I then pointed to the 59 Caddy parked next to me with the hood & trunk open and asked why their kids wern't climbing in there too. After that I had to lock the door and stop bringing it to shows completely. People basically suck and are just plain stupid.

6. with all due respect, each person has their own oponions but if i lived in new york i would have to punch myself in the face daily.

that being said. i have had similar experinces. but it doesnt really bug me now cause if someone leans on my willys all they get is oxidation on their shirt. their fault not mine. granted i could clean it. but then how would i keep track of who has been by...never had any one get in it though. on halloween i had a hippie take a few pictures in front of it.

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Seems to me he was trying to hotwire it.

8. 55delray

55delray
    from Florida

The very reason I am putting a siren under the hood next to my horn. It shouldn't take but one dumbass leaner for the whole crowd to get the idea. Sometimes another person's embarassment is enough warning to the throngs.

9. I can't believe you're wasting bandwidth with this crap and letting it get you all bent out of shape.....IT"S NOT WORTH IT!.....Stop letting these A holes get under your skin......

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

nah he wasnt trying to hotwire it. I watched him. He had just parked his car in the parking lot of the diner and before he went in (his wife went in to get a table), he strolled across the road to go see the car.
    Im pretty sure he was harmless but obviously a f-in idiot too

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

theyre not getting under my skin at all; take a chill pill hot head. . i just cant believe the nerve of people.

12. outlaw256

outlaw256

in my younger days i was a member of a mc.ive always been involved in the biker world. in our world there are 2 things off limits. our bikes and our women. i once walked out of a bar that we hung at and there sat a citizen on my bike. 2 brothers stopped to watch what i would do. i walked up to him and asked him if he liked the way it felt under his ass. he said yea it does feel good. then i knock out 3 front teeth and sent him to the hospital.now im old and i cant fight .but i can still hit someone with something and i still would.dont get on my bike car or my wife lol

13. I beg to differ. You've posted multiple threads on this stuff. If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't post about it.

anyways....all I am saying is that THEY aren't worth the effort to complain about. Any energy or time expended on even thinking about those waste of space(referring to guy at car show) is to much time. The thing is, that guys is a social sicko....he gets off on starting shit like this and getting you all bent out of shape.....So don't play his/their games....Honestly that old guy is lucky he got in your car and not mine.....I would have yanked him out by his feet hoping he hit his head on the rocker panel.....;)

I'm sorry if my first response came of wrong. I more meant it as. " you're better then them. Just brush it off and don't give them a second thought."

14. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Sounds like he was shopping for that piece of trim or ashtray he needed for his car. He probably thought the car was set in the lot for sale or just parked there unattended for a few days.

15. Weasel

Weasel

You should have called the cops and told them someone was trying to steal your car and photograph or video him with your cellphone camera to prove that you had legitimate reason to think that. Bet you when the cops showed up he would never do that again....

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

actually let me correct you. I posted once about the douchebag at the car show who legitimately got under my skin for his very public screaming rant about the car. This guy who climbed in the car did not get under my skin. he pissed me off and made us uneasy that someone would feel so comfortable opening the door and getting in. I've never seen a person pull this stunt before. If you think its such a waste of bandwidth and a waste of time...then dont reply. Obviously other HAMBers have had this happen and i'd like to know how they handled the situation. This guy was harmless. he wasn't looking to steal anything and he was there to look at the car. i stood there and watched him open the door and get in and lean over to check out the dash. He wasnt digging for anything and he certainly didnt have any tools on him when we walked up to the car and stood there and watched him as he was clueless. I think he just made himself feel right at home enough to get in because he though no one was watching.

I was taught to respect my elders and this guy was much older than the two of us. I'm not one to get up in someones face unless theyve really sent me over the deep end. This guy was a little old man (probably even older than 60's) and i'm not sure what yelling at him wouldve done for the situation. The reason why we didnt do anything? we were in a state of shock as we watched someone open the door and jump right in our car like it was nothing. How would you feel if you watched that? Uneasy, shocked? the anger didnt set in until the guy had walked away.

17. Zerk

Zerk

Just another crazy memory for you and your guy to look back on and laugh about someday, Farmergal.

18. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

the passenger side doorlock doesnt like to lock but the drivers side door lock works mint. when we venture to the local store last night you can bet your buttons the car was shut up tight and parked front row under a light.

19. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

I was at a carshow once, and saw a lady set her 5 year old kid on the hood of somebodys car so she could take a picture of him on it. The owner, who had been sitting in a lawn chair behind the car was pissed. (I would be to). This mother just couldn't understand why this guy would be so mad about her dumping her kid on the hood of a beautifully painted car.

Some people just don't get it.

20. JJTF

JJTF

I get annoyed with folks who don't respect the hobby & personal property, HOWEVER; on the positive side; I came out of a beach bar in 1990 and there were two hot spring break girls admiring my 57 MG, one was TOPLESS in the passenger seat and the other TAKING PICTURES! :D I wasn't offended, (definitely surprised though) she put her top on, giggled, complimented the car and scampered off before I could come up with something catchy to say, oh well...

21. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

ain't that the truth Zerk. Just the joys of owning an old car that just happens to be very appealing to others.....

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

That's why I lock my doors. I would have just called the cops and said he was trying to steal it. He probably wasn't, but the resulting hassle dealing with the police would have taught him a lesson.

23. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

I worked at a newpaper office located in a strip center and was the first one their and the last one to leave everyday. Couple months into the job someone tells me theirs a tow truck parked in front of my car, I rush out to see what the hells going on and truck driver said the strip owner reported an abandoned car, think how great I felt, lol

24. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

FG I hear your problem.
    At a show I was at several months ago in Chatsworth I had more fun talking to a young guy with A 49 Ply that had been parked for several years and had been used, and showed it, he drove it from Oregon or Wash to SO Cal and had a job here.

They're everywhere, I had the door locked on a vehicle we had at the vintage trailer show in Sept so that my very large bear and his companion, a Yogi Bear from the sixtys didn't crawl away and some ditzy woman twisted on the door handle enough to pop it out of its socket to show her kid the bears, whilst I was sitting 4o ft away just beside my self, I was afraid to say or do anything because 1 I may have ended up in jail 2 little kids would have heard words that would have scared them for life, what I really wanted to do was go twist the gals radio knobs she had under her shirt and see if that was a problem to her, my wife strongly suggested I not do that.

25. I swear I am in disbelief that some people would do this... I should know better since I work with a handful of these kinds of idiots, but still... damn!

26. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"you oughta come see whats in my garage..."

27. I took my Model A four door to an Air Show (with a car show) in Fort Worth several years ago. I returned from a walk to find 5 oriental gentlemen sitting in my car with a sixth guy taking their picture. By the time I got there, they had shuffled around to where everyone got to take a picture of the other five. I was yelling as I walked up. They politely got out of the car, smiled and said something to me in their native tongue and walked on. After that I was speechless.

28. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Unfortunately the perpetrators have all the rights. This would probably land you in jail... sad but true.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He may have originally thought it was sitting over there for sale but that doesn't give him and excuse to be an idiot..

Over the past 40 years of going to car shows and rod runs I've seen a bit of everything.
    The 400 lb woman who sat her but on a fender at a run in the Arlington Stadium parking lot in the early 70's and told the car owner that she had paid her $$ spectator fee and she could damned well sit anywhere she wanted to. The cop told her different and ushered her to the gate.
    Had a woman set her kid in a T bucket behind a rope at a show I was putting on that cussed me when I told her to get the kid out of the car.
    I've seen who knows how many 70 plus year olds open and slam the doors on old cars at shows and grin and turn around and tell the person with them that "they don't make them like they used to".
    Sometimes it is your own family you have problems with. As much as I loved my dad I can't begin to count how many times I had to tell him to get his boot off my running boards or someone elses. He had a bad habit of putting a foot up on the running board every time he stopped beside my truck even though I had spent many hours sanding and painting them.
    My 110 lb German Shepard solved the problem with kids in McGregor Tx jumping on the running boards at the mini mart when he went nose to nose with one one morning when the kid did it and the kid ran back to East McGregor with his feet hitting the ground about every 40 feet. I thought we were going to have to give one old fart cpr as he laughed so had he couldn't breath for a minute or so.

There are always jerkwads who feel that their entry fee or spectator fee is license to pick other people's vehicles apart. Some are gold chainers with the name shop built mega dollar rods that think only fully finished cars should be allowed in shows and events. Many are the local "experts" who don't own a rod, custom or old car but feel that they need to tell the world what they think is wrong with every car they see and they probably don't talk any better about a 100,000 pro built show rod than they do yours. They look for what they see as faults in every rig there.

30. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Yup. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the "well it looked nice" thing. I dont care how harmless you look.
    Maybe he was a bit looney, or lost a few screws somewhere...But being drug outta the car with a one-two to their face will make sure they wont do it again.
    But then again...what if you went to the restroom before heading out, and the car was GONE when you got there.
    These things ain't tough to hotwire man.

Be more careful, and fu*k what other people think.