Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Shoot the Loop 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Legendary Lars, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Hot rods and custom Cars filled the Salinas Valley on Saturday, I got a chance to drive my 1940 Lincoln Zephyr on the run, I wanted to iron out the kinks in the new air bag system that Chim Chim installed. Chim Chim is my good friend and mechanic James who also does race prep and pit crew for me when I am racing. I met up with a few other friends to caravan from Santa Cruz to Salinas.

[​IMG]

It was very cold and foggy, I dont have a heater or windows, so I was quite bundled up.

[​IMG]

We arrived at the first meeting spot before departing about 80 cars showed up.

[​IMG]

We then had a grand time driving down the valley and over the mountain into Carmel Valley, for our next stop a private collection of some very awesome race cars and some very rare packards. I had immediate garage envy, the garage with adorned with 1000's of vintage tin signs and antique automobilia. I need to get busy collecting signs and trinkets :)

[​IMG]

After that we all went down to the Baja Cantina For Lunch, what an awesome place, in Carmel Valley.

[​IMG]

With a belly full we headed out this time back to Salinas, for another tour of another awesome collection, Again the Garage was decked out with collectables that were to dies for, and a grip of vintage steel, a lot of very early cars and stock model a fords.

[​IMG]

A large group of people then went to the movie theatre to watch old drag racing films, which sadly I had to get home for the family but I am sure it was equally amazing. I really want to thank the event organizers. Getting to tour awesome car collections is one of the highlights of the last few years and I cant wait for the next reliability run, so I can Find more hidden gems.

I have posted a complete Picture gallery from yesterdays events. CLICK HERE FOR MORE PHOTOS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Love your Zephyr. Thanks for the pictures.

3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great car and thanks for the pictures and story. I love these hot rod travelogues. By the way we dress like that in August up here in the frozen north!!!

4. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Just like being there, well not really I would have rather been there! sounds like a great day.

5. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Thanks for the great garage tours. Man would I love to have half of those signs. It is amazing some of the collections out there.

6. nelson31

nelson31
    from Santa Cruz

Great thread, great pics! Wish I would have gotten outta bed for that one!!

7. claytonsrods

claytonsrods
    from Aptos, CA

hey how about some pics of the other 79 cars?

8. brady1929

brady1929

love your zeph

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

windows... We don't need no stinkin windows.....

That car has great lines. Nice ride

10. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

11. TERPU

TERPU

So did we----- Loser ;-)

Huge thanks to Joe, Greg, and their family and friends I had a great time and I'm positive everybody else did as well.

Tim

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  12. tommy v

tommy v

wow what a great day and great cars ,thanks to greg ,joe and ross

13. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Was an awesome run for sure cant wait to do it again SOON !!

14. Couldn't focus on the drag racing movies, vintage photos or the great raffle . . . those charming waitresses at the FOX theatre distracted me too much (thanks, Greg!)
    Willi

15. grego31

grego31
    from Sac, CA

Install seat heaters in your car. In mine I don't need no stinking heater!!! I can drive around with the windows down.
    Plus it is alot easier to install heat heaters than finding a heater core and getting everything hooked up.