Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old time car clubs you knew as a kid(greybeards)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CruZer, Nov 21, 2003.

1. And it's even in your favorite color:D

The Yankee

2. HotSparks II

HotSparks II
    from Danielson

hi, Im Dave looking for any info on the car club Hot Sparks that was in Putnam like that club plaques any cars still around and maybe any members still alive thank you

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The "Piston Pushers" and the "Gents" in Rochester, NY in the early 50's.

4. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Dave sent you a PM there are lots of us still around check you Private messages then we can connect if you want to talk Im 20 minutes from you.
    Leon

5. image.jpeg
    They're still around and still building badass cars!

6. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

In South Idaho: coupes inc./over heads/fuelers/sinners/syndicate/slicks/guys and dolls/cam pounders/squires/valve lifters/cam twisters/road runners/victorians/pharaohs/ user69509_pic36681_1230699359.jpg rusty nuts/eastern idaho early iron organization(eieio) and rocky mountain gassers...

7. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Rod Jockeys, Santa Cruz.

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Maybe we should start a club called the Bald Headed Gray Beards, or is it Grey Beards? I never can get that right.

9. jguff

jguff

The "Hustlers" of Las Vegas, Nevada. Started in 1960. Great club, even built a top fuel modified coupe which could also run as a dragster.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  10. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

There was PERFORMANCE PLUS from Woodbridge New Jersey back in the early 1960's. The guys had a bunch of drag cars as well as an oval track car or two... Speedway Reunion_0021_NEW.jpg

11. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Graduated from high school in Auburn , Washington in 1963. There were two car clubs there then, the Gearlords which were mostly a bunch of posers and the Sheiks, a hard core Phillipino club that included a number of really fast street cars ZI did not belong to either, spent too much time working, street racing and chasing women, not that I ever caught many.

12. Slammedf100

Slammedf100

Attached Files:

13. D D

D D

I rember well. Colemans Welding and Repair. I have been trying to locate Pat/Bandit for some time

14. Thought I'd drag this back up so as to ask a question.
    Anyone remember or know anything about ' Monarchs' from Garden Grove, California

Attached Files:

15. Greg Evans

Greg Evans

Mick, I recently found this post by you talking about the Stags car club of Ogden. Just curious if you remember a club named the Road Saints from Ogden? Apparently my father was a member of the Road Saints. Was this club originally called the White Stage?

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

White Stage or White Stags?

17. I don't remember the club but they were around in the late 50's, turned out with some research I located a couple of past members none of them are actively interested in the old car hobby but I was able to work with Dennis O'brien and get each one of them a car club plaque. HRP

[​IMG]

18. Greg, I remember the Road Saints very well. I have a Road Saints plaque that I loaned to Rob Vanderwood whose dad was a member so he could make copies.
    I don't remember any White Stags club, what was you'r dad's name?

Mick

19. Here's what I have for 1950/60 patterns with Ogden on them:
    Nomads Ogden
    Piston Poppers Ogden
    Renegades Ogden
    Road Saints Ogden Utah
    Rod Runners Ogden Utah
    Ty Rods Ogden
    Satans Chariots Ogden Utah