Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tot..ally devestated

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 11, 2011.

1. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

I LOL'd when I heard that on the radio this morning. Thanks, Tom Whiskey.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I feel for ya as I kinda know where you're coming from. Back in 2002 I had thought I was going to paint Big Olds in a copper color. NO ONE was doing copper colors at that time. A couple of years later the hot rod/street rod/and custom world exploded with that color and it was featured on the cover of every mag. I knew at that point I didn't want to paint my car that color "like everyone else". In my case it all worked out in the end and I'm thrilled with the color I chose. You'll pick a new color for you and it will be unique to your car.

3. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

If you go down to the swamp you can see some Alli-haters.
    Don't wanna take the stairs to the top floor? Then take the Ele-hater!
    If your thirsty then get you a cold glass of Hater-ade.
    Don't be a hater, you copied somebody else's design and ideas.

Pretty much everything out there in this world has been done atleast a time or ten, and if it hasn't the second you do it somebody will copy it and say they had that idea in their head 8 years ago. Just be different and buy a AMC Gremlin or a Pacer, nobody liked us guys or really ever wanted to copy us.....LOL!

P.S. Sharp looking car!

4. hudson48

hudson48

OUCH.I should have let the beer and tequila wear off before I started on this.My original intention was to build a channelled 29 roadster like the one I had over 40 years ago.My midlife crisis!!!

However I found that I could no longer fit in a channelled 29 and opted for a 32.I purchased a body from the States that has 2 inch longer doors and 2 inch longer cabin.

There have been hardly any channelled cars built here in recent years.
    That is why I went this way instead of building a hiboy as they are built regularly and I did want something different.We have a small hot rod community here.The run at Yamba is a BIG one with about 400 cars and
    the same cars turn up regularly at the major events within 600kms.

I wasn't going to "clone" the Tom Branch roadster.I just liked the stance of the car and wanted that look in my car.Lots of things will be different.
    I have collected dozens of photos of channelled roadsters and it is just that his looks the best!!!

Final paint had not been decided on as the build is only about one third in.
    Having said that I was thinking of doing a candy gold but will now probably rethink that.

Anyway I have had a big serve of humble pie and can take it on the chin!!!

5. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

it's okay man i get what you're saying. i had an idea to build a bad ass low '29 tudor sedan on a '32 frame 'cause no one was really doing that... at least that's what i thought til a saw all these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm still building mine the way i want to and will hopefully have a nice car one day but these other guys beat me to it

6. No worries... mine was Branch inspired... as Branch's car was inspired by earlier Hot Rods!

7. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

oh, and the real kicker is that i hadn't discovered any of these cars until after i started building mine.

8. erlomd

erlomd

its funny in a funny way...you'll be fine...a new color, maybe some apoulstery differences, some other cool speed parts. and your set...dont worry mate! every things going to be fine

9. 5window

5window

There are lots of colors that would look fine on that car-how about a darker copper or brown? Keeps the same idea but varies it to your taste.

There are lots of good ideas out there but with 70 plus years of hotrodding, there aren't many new and unique ones out there. But, cheer up. If you do come up with something new and original there's a good population of folks here on the HAMb that will chew you out because it is not TRADITIONAL. :)

Build it your way. and have fun.

10. Looks bad ass in red, candy apple would be sweet too.