Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Some pics for Pistons N Paint 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Nov 12, 2011.

1. buckd

buckd

Had a great time as always. Awesome group of cars and people. I want to thank the Chupacabras for putting on a fine car party! And Thanks to Nick for his pick award of my ride. Guys if you haven't attended this show, don't miss it next year. its the best in North Texas. Every type and style of ride is represented. Also good food from the vendors.
    See Ya'll next year,BUCKD

2. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

buckd..thatnks for bringing that fine machine out..it was a no brainer to give you a pick..

and thanks to all from the bottom of my soul..you guys make this show what it is. we just provide you a place and a little entertainment.

3. 68ragtop

68ragtop
    from Texas

Another great show. I shot some pictures for HotRod hotline and will be sending them in tomorrow. I got a chance to talk to some of you when I was shooting. Stop by the wed site listed above to shee the cas theat i shot. I reviewed the above pics and I have some of cars that wern't shown here. Well done show one of the best I have visited in many years. you trophys are well....simply the best.
    68ragtop

4. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Great shots...thanks.

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I wish I could have gotten pics of each and every car there. Heck I didn't even take one of mine! I hope somebody else did! This is definately one of the shows to put on the calender every year. The Chups do a great job.

6. billylo

billylo

[​IMG]

I am with Larry what's the scoop with the 3 window? Looks like my kind of stuff!!!

7. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Billy and Larry, if you would have come to the show you could have checked out that bitchin' 3-window all day long. :)

From what I know, it was driven to the show from Fort Worth, and is powered by a radical 4-71 blown 327. Rumor has it that it was just finished up by Chip Foose.

From me and the rest of the guys, thanks to everyone that came to our show! It just keeps getting better every year...and I wouldn't be able to say that without all the great people that show up, both with and without cars.

8. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

From Lobucrod's link;
    [​IMG]

9. It had pin drive knock off wheels. I thought they were original Halibrand Indy wheels at first. However, they were sporting a small cast in "Foose Wheels". Hard to see but it was there.

Also had a very nicely executed torsion bar front suspension.

I'd park it in my garage.

10. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

those trophies are awesome!!!

11. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

and the cars as well!!!

12. That was definitely my favorite car of the show, ( and it was another fantastic show thanks to the Chupacabras!) It is a very trick and understated new build. Did you notice the torsion bar suspension? Subtle rework of the hood and grill? The theme of the car was based around a vintage fender guitar speaker that he had in the trunk to house his battery, really cool details in and out of that car. I was surprised it did not get any sort of award, and it sounded as bad ass as it looked too.

13. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for showing us your pictures. I recognize a few of the cars there.

14. ryno

ryno

From what I heard, the car was built at Austin speed shop,finished and painted by foose.lots of cool details.

I'm guessing,correct me,but it problay didn't Anything since a check book built it and not the owner? I'm pretty sure that's what this show,and site more less is about. no disrespect to anyone,amazing car,and if it wasn't for customers paying,most of us wouldn't even have cars ourselves

15. BLAKE

BLAKE

Indeed. Patrick's killer stainless headers which exit thru the frame rails and Bleed's vintage fender amp interior are the highlights... IMO.

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

Missed one! :D

[​IMG]

17. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Hey Blake,
    The LS Longneck is missing from the photo of your Multi-Use fabulous trophy!
    Hope that cat cracked that baby open before the ice melted!
    I for one, am really proud of your club for coming to North Texas every year for the koolest show we have to offer.
    .....and appreciate all you do down south to make things fun for us when we come down there.
    Yay-Hoos Rock. IMO;)

18. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Great pics...thanks!:)

19. seatex

seatex

is there a Trophy for coolest Trophy (and I know that would be a tough on looking at what was submitted!)??? Damn good job, YAYHOOS!:cool:

20. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

Super show this weekend... I missed last year's show, and was looking forward to this
    one for quite some time. I was glad I didn't miss it again, and you guys didn't disappoint..!

Great show!!

21. Dchaz

Dchaz

Troy cracked the longneck open as soon as his ass hit his chair. He just sat there staring at it saying " wow " for a good ten minutes.
    A big thank you to the Chubracabras for a hell of a great show.
    What was it 350 something cars? Almost time for a bigger place. Especialy with groups come from as far as Arizona.

22. black240

black240
    from Houston

Where was this held at?

23. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

North Texas Fair Grounds
    2217 N Carroll Blvd
    Denton, TX 76201

24. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Looks like you had a great show. Thanks for sharing the pics!

-Pasi

25. pecker head

pecker head

26. BLAKE

BLAKE

Kind words indeed! Thanks, and we're happy just to have a chance to participate and hang with good folks like y'all... and thanks again to the Chupacabras for making this thing happen!

27. BLAKE

BLAKE

A couple of pics... I never seem to take many car pics... :D

The Yay-Hoo Pick!

[​IMG]

Etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a blast!

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Great pics, and as usual, awesome cars!!
    Thanks much for posting,
    Cheers.......

29. Hank Turd

Hank Turd

It was an awesome show!

I made the trek from Indiana, well over 2000 mile round trip. We set up a vendor space with another fellow Hoosier. We did very well at the show and I will probably be making the trek down again next year! I had my wife man the booth for awhile and got a chance to walk around, there was some nice stuff there! A green 32 sedan is one I remember liking a lot...

30. ryno

ryno

that pic of law is bad ass!
    pure punk rock, untill 7 o'clock!