Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Wow that crew cab is ... hate to use the word......awesome!!!!

Really clean looking set-up aswell, looks mint. Do you have any pics of the rear interior. This set up is not used in the UK, putting a unit on the pick-up bed and interested to see how it looks. Imagine the weekends away you could have with that!!!

Very jealous:(

2. Rear interior of the Alaskan Camper,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Pm'd you back. All i can say is my aim in life was a trad A coupe or a 49-52 Chevy 2 -door. That has so changed seeing your set up. International crew-cab, thats where it at!!!
    I could go on for hours but i'm kind of lost for words. Few very mild mods and i've found a new home and a new ride. Love it so much it hurts. Dragging a cheapo nostalga digger/altered and i'd be like a dog with 3 dicks tramping around the country:D

Jealousy is a harsh word but boy i wish that was mine.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. LMAO!!

A friend of mine has a 68 International crew cab short bed for sale, send me a PM if you are interested.

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Just picked this up to use as a deer hunting shack.Any ideas on manufacturer? No tag but it has a plate that says "Field and Stream" by furnace.Had to register it as a homemade trailer to get license tabs

Attached Files:

6. dan sutton

dan sutton

It is a Field and Stream I believe. They were made in the sixties.

7. Anyone know anything about Friendship campers made in Friendship WI? Got one a few months ago, and seems to be no info on them on the web....or i'm a moron and can't figure out simple things.

8. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

I've seen this one on my home depot runs a few times in the parking lot. 68 Cadillac? Never seen the owner around to talk to them.

Attached Files:

9. Squablow

Squablow

Looks like a '61 Caddy to me (above). Neat, I've seen a few of those conversions.

10. Hey, Big Banger, as a fellow Cornbinder fan ('71 TA 1210 4x4 w/Perkins Diesel!), I really love that Travelette you have. The camper is perfect for that. Very nice. Do you have that posted on any of the IH forums???

11. Burny

Burny

Cool Stuff. Here's my modern '62 Shast Airflyte before and after cleanup and paint...Still a few little things to do, like polish out the wings and get 'em on...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  12. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Man! You got the wings!? Sweet! As soon as I saw the pic, I was like: "Where the hell are the wings!?" then I read the post..... My wife has been begging me to make some aluminum wings to put on the Scotty. Winter project I suppose.

- Jon

13. warejn

warejn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my rig, not that old but pretty fun. 76' J20 and a 75 Starcraft Starmaster 8.

14. patrick66, thanks for the compliments. I posted the Travelette on a few IH forums just after I bought it. It is on Scoutpluss.com with the camper. I gave the truck to my 9 year old son, he deserved it, he always helps me work on these things. He won the Youngest Registed Owner award at the IH Super Show in Chilliwack, B.C. last August. Do you have your Travelall posted anywhere that I can see it?

15. 5Belair7

5Belair7

1956 Teardrop...replaced the left side and added door...hooked up to my 41 Chevy coupe. I just sold both of these in the last month. The teardrop is a blast.

Attached Files:

16. Here's some more traditional HAMB friendly camping.:rolleyes: Note the teardrop is high boy style, with wires.:D

Attached Files:

Felix 40 likes this.
  17. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

Here is Lucy....

1954 King. All original.

Attached Files:

18. atch

atch

anyone recognize the car in the 2nd pic? buick maybe? overland?

19. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I thought I posted my vintage campers but I can't find them in this thread. So on-a more time!

My 1963 Heilite Tent trailer (NOT a pop-up!) It splits front to back with a single turn of a crank revealing a 4' wide aisle and 2 queen beds. It also has a large canvas awning too. All original

The 2nd is my '64 "California" teardrop made in Lodi, CA. This one will live behind my '59 Skyliner one day.

Attached Files:

20. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Here's our old "Diamond Reo" camper leaving home. Turns out this was one of 25 built, and one of two known have survived. It's an early 60's, 22 footer, built and sold with a cab forward Diamond Reo "Trend" truck, known as "Country Wagon" when fitted with the camper body. Turns out the guy who bought it is the executive director of the NTHS (National Truck Historical Society) and has one of these trucks to put it on.

We had quite a time getting it on his trailer, as one of the 55 gal. drums I had it setting on collapsed :)eek:) while we were raising it. Happily, it didn't fall completely off, and we got it on the flatbed, and it's on it's way home to Kansas City.

Helped out my Hot Rod Fund, got me some good connections for rubber parts for the Diamond T, and the new owners are thrilled to have found it. Everybody wins!

I spoke again with the owner of the Spartan Manor we located up north, and we are tentatively planning on bringing it home next spring and will build it.

Attached Files:

21. This would make a great "Traditional HAMB Camper". Jalopy Showdown anyone?:D HAMB Safari?

Attached Files:

Felix 40 likes this.
  22. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Hard to see, how it bent in the middle to make turns. It was top class then and would be today also. I like the sight seeing deck on top.

23. Getting "OlBlue" cleaned up & serviced for the 2012 version of
    The Jalopy Showdown.
    Have not been since '09 and looking forward to spring!

Attached Files:

24. I'd like to pull a small camper with my '40 LaSalle (stock driveline) when she's
    up & running right.
    Was the hitching system in the 40's the same ball & coupler type used today or had a pin or pyntal hook type ever been used?

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

There were a few different kinds of hitches available before the 50's, but by the 50's most common was the standard ball hitch.

But there are a few sizes of balls that are not available now and will require you to upgrade the hitch or machine down a larger ball. With balls stay away from the older style hollow ball that has a bolt that drops in from the top as they are a lot weaker and can break, and weather the trailer ever had any or not you should always have safety chains with heavy duty clevis's and not open hook as the hook can often fall of or slide off if the trailer comes off (I drove tow truck for years and cleaned up a lot of wrecks caused by trailers that came off and had open hooks on the chains or other things not suited for the stress like carabiners and cheap clevis's)

Also I want to mention that most bumper hitches are not very strong, and a 50+ year old bumper hitch attached to a 50+ year old bumper is even weaker, some may not agree with it but personally I go for at least a class 4 hidden hitch on all of my cars and trucks that pull anything, it can be mounted so as not to stand out and will never cause you grief on the side of the road.

26. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

65 Shasta Compact, my wife and I finished back in July.

[​IMG]

27. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Looks like those weren't the only "log cars", I know not all of these pics are on-topic; but it seemed to cool not to post...

Attached Files:

28. macs67

macs67
    from oregon

Do log cabins count? Unfinished at this point. Rear folds down to a screened in deck

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      496 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      495.2 KB
      Views:
  29. macs67