Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Kid that walked into the Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48chrysler, Nov 13, 2011.

1. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

I think I will share some other members cars

Jims duece

[​IMG]

Mikes A
    [​IMG]

The clubs gasser

[​IMG]

JDs sedan

[​IMG]

Richards A Truck

[​IMG]

Eds Model A

[​IMG]

Erics Mopar

[​IMG]

The Golden sedan, this one found a new home but was built in the Shop

[​IMG]

Richs Coupe left bad ass

[​IMG]

There are more, Ill keep them coming

2. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

The Mercury wagon Hauler, For Sale,

[​IMG]

Eds Merc

[​IMG]

Mikes Merc, She is gone now I hope the new owner is enjoying her

[​IMG]

Shannon, Dirtbags 54 hopefully chopped soon

[​IMG]

Chris 51

[​IMG]

Dougs T Bucket In the background Is Thoms suburban I can't find a good pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  3. evil dead

evil dead
    from canada

This post speaks to me. I was hoping that my club would be that way, but I was wrong. I walked in to a den of bickering old men who agree on nothing. I ended up president and the art guy and still have seen nothing really automotive going on. and now that I have my project there are very few members willing to give there time and experience to help a dumbass like me. But if it wasn't for them I never would have found my dad's old truck. But I do also get asked to do the heavy lifting :)

4. this story and many of the responses should serve as a reminder to all of us we are only here for ONE rodeo...make the best of it by sharing what we have experienced in our lives with the ones who come after us, especially the ones who want to know about how it was "back in the day" and teaching those who are inquisitive enough to ask. Its all about keeping your personal heritage alive through others. Hot rods are more than just vintage cars....hot rods have been with us since man began...always seeking a better and faster way, and its still as true and alive today as its ever been. The canvas just changes. Chariots, specially bred horses, sailing ships, steam locomotives, airplanes, and finally the automobile and all its incarnations. New breed of young guys have that same inherent notion to change things up to make it faster and better. The little cars with big chrome mufflers hangin out the back are owned mostly by young guys...and that isnt so bad...the car aint traditional, but the idea is about as traditional as it gets. My hat's off to 48Chrysler for sharing that wonderful personal touch to a story many of us have had the JOY to live.

5. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

6. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

This is one awesome thread, and love the stories! Wish there were guys like that around me. Although I'm 68 and can't lift heavy things anymore, I'm still dumber than shit. Grateful for the heartfelt stories.

7. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

Bills Desoto custom

[​IMG]

Kaylas merc

[​IMG]

Ricks A

[​IMG]

I think that is the Majority of us Pete only has really fast cars and I don't have any pictures but He is a cool cool guy. If i left you out I'm sorry it wasn't on purpose

8. the other me

the other me

WOW, you guys have one hell of a car club....KOOL ON!!!

9. I dont think thats possible. Is it?

10. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

11. Great story... you are wise beyond your years.

Sam

12. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

Primer Dans Caddy powered A

[​IMG]

13. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

Right now The Road Kings are building Hanks 34 Chevy 3 Window here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike is Gathering parts for a 33 Bonneville styled 5 Window, and Rich just put on three coats of primer on his 34 3 window ford, Sorry I don't have any pictures but I will get some

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My grandmother told me at a very young age that you learn more with your mouth closed and your ears open than the opposite. I'm surprised that I listened to her because at the time I already knew everything.:eek:
    As time went on I realized the wisdom of her statement and have a bunch of willing mentors to thank for the skills and knowledge I have today. As I approach 70 it is now my pleasure to try and pass on those early learned lessons and skills to those coming along to fill the gap I'll leave in a few short years. Thank you for posting this.

Frank

15. D-man313

D-man313

Great story and great coupe.

Where in Indiana are you?

16. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

Live in Flora, Work in Lafayette and the Shop is In Greentown

17. D-man313

D-man313

Cool, Im up by crown point.

18. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

I wouldn't expect anything less

19. screwball

screwball

I was thinking the same thing may be its a Canadian thing I have heard what you are saying a few time up here regarding different clubs. I am glad 48chrysler has had a good experience and found some real car guys.

20. Awesome story thanks for sharing!

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

I read your post, but not all of the responses. I am at 32 now, still young, you have a very very bright future ahead of you. Your outlook and willingness to be humble and learn is something everyone of old and young age can look up to. Joe

22. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

Well done, on all accounts!

Not many display that sort of attribute these days. It's nice to see.

Good job on the coupe!

23. 48chrysler

48chrysler
    from Indiana

My Grandfathers 33 dodge sedan. This is the only good picture I have. It hangs on my living room wall dated 1988. Picture was Taken at the James Dean festival

[​IMG]

24. Great story! I was lucky too, back in high school I watched the "older guys" work on their cars. They took me in and taught me a lot. They're still some of my best friends. I would not have taken on my current project without being able to pick their brains when I get stuck. Car guys are great!

25. raidmagic

raidmagic

I've never been a fan of car clubs but in my defense I've never met a car club with guys like that...
    Congrats on getting to meet and learn from some great guys.

26. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive been more involved with bike clubs than car clubs but ive always wanted to be in a club that felt the same as i do about this old iron.the ones that i did get to meet were alraedy described on here.bunch of old rich bickering old fucks who had to out do each other, not help each other out.so i just go at it alone. but i would be alot more fun to find a club like you found.im glad to see a young gun pick up the torch so to speck.you have already displayed a wisdom beyond your years.keep your self humble and with a willingness to learn and also a willingness to teach and you will go far in this crazy world.goodluck to you son.

27. iFlip

iFlip
    from San Angelo

Thanks for the inspiration :). Really makes me wish i had something to get out there and work on.

28. great story. please remember to pass your experience along to some other youngins

29. Very well said.