Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cadillac grills in customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadfever, Nov 13, 2011.

1. I took this picture at the GNRS and love the look of a Cadillac grill in a Chevy.

I know nothing about Cadillac grills but this looks like 49 grill but the ends of the bars look different.
    Is this a 48 or 49 grill and what model Cadi if there is a difference?

[​IMG]

2. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of the best looking 49/52 Chevys around by far. That setup looks so good it's a wonder we don't see a lot more of it in old custom photos. It's when customizing is done right and you park the custom next to a nice stock car of the same model the stocker doesn't look right for some reason.

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

It does look good. Very good. But customizers were moving "forward" with styling cues, not "backwards", back then. So it was rarely done. It was the opposite of how it is now where we take newer stuff and try to make it look old.
    If it was a couple of years old, you added something newer to "update" it... :)

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Funny I took the same picture from the GNRS. It's a great looking car and that grill looks right at home.

Ed is right. Ususally things don't turn out as nice when you go backwards but I actually really like this example.

6. Anybody know what the front and rear bumpers are?

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Just pretend the chev is a 49 and it was being "upgraded " to Caddy status:D

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Old but cool thread....anyone want to add some photos?

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California