Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford 3 windows ex hypotetical deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adventurer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. adventurer

adventurer

some more pics

[​IMG]

[IMG wlelll]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j279/antonellomopar/IMG_4341.jpg[/IMG]

[​IMG]

quarters are just mocked...nothing welded...just some screws to keep everything together

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

3. nix

nix
    from Italy

I always think this is a GREAT WORK!

NEws???

4. Crafty B

Crafty B

keep your eye on the prize!!
    CB

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Spoken by a man with skill & wisdom,.... :)

6. adventurer

adventurer

No real news....am trying to finish my 32 sedan now, so worlk on the 3W has stalled. Early november will start working on her once more. Thank you for the appreciation

7. adventurer

adventurer

ok, as promised there some more pics of my 3W. We pushed the lower part of the roof back a couple of inches, so it became straight . The lower part of the trunk was lowered one inch and this aligned the trunk lid, the quarter panels and the lower panel. The trunk floor was not correct for a 3W and the back lip was too high. So everything was welded since it's now perfectly square. The roof sides are now in the correct position and shape so the door top are starting to fit good. Some more work on the roof is going to be done once we cut it off the body for chopping.
    In the meantime a good friend of mine has reproduced the lower corner pieces and is gloing to do the roof filler panel
    Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. adventurer

adventurer

9. adventurer

adventurer

lot of work on the roof

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Unbelievable project I tough I had seen it all this one is the best project going on I will have to keep an eye on it. Great dedication to the hobby.

Frenchy

11. pitman

pitman

Wish I knew the Italian word for determination!
    Holy smokes!
    Best of all, you're getting there.

12. iamben

iamben

That is some spectacular work!!!! WOW!!!! I am intimidated by one dent and your whole car was one big dent!!!! Awesome work man.

13. b-bob

b-bob

I can't imagine the hours you have put into this. Will you be making new panels for the damaged roof areas?
    You have done an incredible job so far, ....keep going.

14. turdytoo

turdytoo

I guess you know that you have made lots of excuses in valid. Great work.

15. slepe67

slepe67

No doubt! Somehow I feel a LOT better about my 5W!

Adventurer, YOU sir, are THE man!

copper likes this.
  16. DAM! You are the man...Can't wait to see more progress photos as you go along. Hope you save all the bracing information to square it up. Any chance I could get a drawing of it with mearsurments?

17. nix

nix
    from Italy

Son contento che i lavori procedono!!!!

18. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

x2 or what ever the hell this means. Keep up the good work!

19. That's a tough project. Good work. Will be watching the progress

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking great! Nice to see some new pics!!

21. lee01

lee01
    from ITALY

incredible work , compliments !!

22. adventurer

adventurer

now we are really at the point of no return....had to cut the roof off the body. In the past, the roof had been cut off and welded back on very crudely and off to one side by one inch. So it was cut off once more. This way it can be put back into shape with hammer and dolly, and can be welded where the metal has broken. A lot of stress cracks, but little rust. The patch panel has been done, just waitng to be put on.
    After seeing the car more or less completed, seeing with everything off is a real nightmare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thank you for the updates and photos, I really enjoy seeing this body saved. Bob

24. I can hardly believe you managed to save this thing. Incredible.

25. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

It's great to know that there are people with the skill and determination to save bodies like this. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming!

26. Steve 38

Steve 38

Wow, your work is amazing! Just out of interest, what is the story with this body? Where did you find it, and how did it come to be in such bad shape?

27. adventurer

adventurer

I don't have any idea on the history of this body. It was found by Acey_Deucey in the woods, and he bought it. After some time, he decided to sell, and I was the only one crazy enough to buy it. It was a lot better than I thought. The floors were in very good shape and could bolt it on a frame without any problems. Cowl and firewall are were straight. Doors were dented but rustfree. The whole body was actually completely free of rust...just some small holes on the roof and the upper part of the doors. Being an ex race car, the back of the body and the roof were badly twisted. The quarters were shorter on one side and the roof had been crudely cut off and welded back in another position, off to one side by about one inch. So had to straighten the whole rear part of the body before the quarters could be repaired. Now we are working on the roof. The car will be chopped by about 3 inches...no sense putting it back to stock after it had been cut off in the past and welded back.
    More to come.
    If Acey_Deucey could share some past history of thes car....

28. Steve 38

Steve 38

Wow, it was found in the woods? Did he just happen to be walking through the woods and stumbled upon this or was it part of a wreckers yard with other cars? Its rare to hear stories like this now. How did you know it was an old race car?

29. Rem

Rem

Amazing work. I remember twenty-plus years ago, after spending a couple of years replacing the bottom 6 inches of my Pop (Anglia) I swore it'd be fibreglass cars from then on :D

30. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

you are doing a very fine job , a master craftsman , i have subscibed to your exellent build