Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage "Cageless" Midget Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by KKx125, Feb 22, 2009.

1. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Allen Heath, one of the greatest midget drivers that ever lived wheeling the Don Borth built Vel Miletich Offy at Fresno's Kearney Bowl in 1965.

Attached Files:

2. Frye jr

Frye jr

To the best of my knowlage he never did work on it. We got it from Willard Coil in Ohio in 1966 and it was a sister car to the 14 that Mel Kenyon ran in USAC about 68 or 69? I have a picture of Mario in the 14 down in Daytona's Memorial Stadium in I think 64. Dad won 4 of the mains in Jack Stroud's 25 car and Mario won the other one.

3. Frye jr

Frye jr

I somebody could tell me how to post a picture I'll post Mario in the 14 Willard Coil midget

4. Surfref32

Surfref32

This photo is an example of what I call art!

These instructions are found on this site's FAQs.
    How do I attach a file/picture to a post?
    To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
    On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
    To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
    Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
    What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
    In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  5. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Danny Frye Jr. in the famed Pavese, ex-Edelbrock V8-60, 1969.

Attached Files:

6. jwracer14

jwracer14
    from Illinois

Jim, Are you sure that is Mac or could that have been Jeff Heywood in the badger at Joliet?

7. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Neal Carter #5 wheels the Jim White Offy under teammate, Ralph Pratt on his way to a win at Milwaukee in 1949.

Attached Files:

8. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

It's possible...Jeff had a black helmet for awhile to match the Welch car he got out of, he only ran it the last few races after JP walked out on us at Rockford. DeVea ran it a couple times, and it seems like he had a red helmet. Mac had a red setup with Mac Attack written on it. Hard to tell from the back. We were thinking Mac sat up straighter in the car though... Jeff was fun, I wish he would have blown off cra and stayed.

9. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Left- Ken Hickey motions for a push truck as Georgie Fonder gets ready to go at Flemington 1956. Georgie displays the style that made him virtually unbeatable at Flemington 1956.

Attached Files:

10. TommyA19

TommyA19

Lobitz Movie Party/Auction:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Sunday, November 13, 2011. Lots of fun, plenty to eat/drink, racing movies are shown, and an auction to raise money for the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing. You&#8217;d be surprised as to what gets put up for auction!<o:p></o:p>
    Things get started around 9:00 in the morning, with a swap meet, followed by most anything else. Sit down dinner at around 5:00 - 5:30 in the afternoon.<o:p></o:p>
    Lobitz Catering Hall<o:p></o:p>
    Rt 940<o:p></o:p>
    Hazleton, Pa <o:p></o:p>

11. gearguy

gearguy

Edmunds Registry started
    Brian Watson has established an on-line registry for Edmunds built race cars. While many have roll cages and are OT for this site, Edmunds cars were the top choice for over 20 years.

http://www.edmundsmidgetregistry.com/

My project car was the second one registered. Autoresearch built 400 cars of various types from 1964 to 1980. Mine was #393. The Binders started a new numbering system when they bought the company in 1981; those cars are welcome to register as well.

Given the large number of copys and kits built back in the day which are now offered for sale as "Edmunds" I'm in favor of only listing cars with serial numbers. Brian will have to make the final call on that issue.

Chuck Schultz
    Winfield, Illinois

PS: It would be great to have registries for other noted car builders. George Benson did a nice job on that in his book.

12. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Trailer pictures.
    #1 The clean operation of Pappy Hough
    #2 Nemo Russo Team - Groveland, Mass.
    #3 This one caught my eye. The trailer is from Port Clinton, OH.
    One helper is from Farmington, Ct.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  13. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Bob Harkey - Ed Stone Offy 1963

Attached Files:

14. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Nice picture of the Stone Offy. I wonder if that is Bob Tattersall in the Shannon Brothers Offy?

15. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Duane Carter
    Chuck Weyant

Attached Files:

16. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Thompson Speedway - Ct. 1962
    #77 Tony Romit ? #83 Ray Brown, #36 Russ Klar, #29 Len Duncan,
    #37 Ron Evans, #41 Hank Williams ? #3 Bill Randall #11 Mario Andretti.

Attached Files:

17. Buildy

Buildy

Thanks for these excellent photos,John!

18. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Love those trailer shots!

19. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

49 looks like Don Brown, 19 is probably Harkey

John Evans, why is your dad in Fayhy's car and not the eichman 57?

20. monkaz

monkaz
    from gilbert,AZ

Soldier Field Chicago 1947. The maroon and gold Tuffanelli cars come off the Burbank trailer. Note the Buick Woody tow car.

Attached Files:

21. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Jim, I do not know why they split up. I was only 12 years old at the time and wish I could remember more details. Bobby Alberts started driving the Eichman #57 at that point, but it does not look to me like that is him in the car?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  22. TommyA19

TommyA19

I'm sending this out in hopes that someone can help out Roland Fiester. I recieved an e-mail from him on Tuesday, 11/15 in which he's asking for some help on the history and some possible action photos of a Midget he has. Below, in part, is his message:

"Tom,
    I sat across the table from you at Stan's party on sun.
    I own the late 1970 Edmunds midget purchased by Jim Rieder and driven by Pancho Carter. I am looking for action photos of the car. See attached photo.
    The car was red # 61 in 1971, red # 81 in 1972, and red # 1 in 1973. They ran ARDC in 1971 and USAC in 1972 and 73.
    I am also researching the history of the car.
    I know all owners and drivers from 1971 to 1974 and from 1980 to present. If you have any idea where the car was from 1975 to 1979 I am interested. I have photos from 1974 and 1979 if that would help.
    That was my first time at Stan's party. I had a good time.
    Roland Fiester"

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. If you have anything at all, please send it to me at my e-mail: [email protected] or to Mr. Fiester at: [email protected]

If you want to see the photo he sent me, please ask me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks for any help!
    Tom Avenengo

23. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Newt White, Bobby Grim

Attached Files:

24. Zoera

Zoera

John, lots of great photos you're posting. Keep 'em coming.

25. carl s

carl s
    from Indio, CA

26. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Chuck Weyant

Attached Files:

27. JOHN EVANS

JOHN EVANS

Ed Brown - N.E.M.A. competitor 1961 - Wen Kelly #66 V-8

Attached Files:

28. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Hi, John. Awesome photo of Newt White! :)

29. Buildy

Buildy

Thanks John,

All these photos are terrific!

30. Frye jr

Frye jr

Mr Evans
    The first picture is Gene {Stooge} Wayant, Chucks brother. That's the Barrny Flynn Chevy 2.