Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

My Father used to tell me this one about a VW a guy at work owned too.
    Now that I am older and have read the story on the internet a dozen times from different people, I have to believe it is an urban legend this joke.
    Though, a good one.

2. metalix_421

metalix_421

I did the same thing to a guy I work with but put it up for free It was a real beater. the guy was so pissed within 5 minutes. I bet in the hour I left it up he had 300 phone calls.

3. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

HIgh test fishing string tied to two tin trash cans across the entrance to a parking lot, call the cops on yourself, when they show give them the finger and run, double smash trash can on either side of the car. Now really run.

4. had a clean up guy from ford across the street from my shop
    he put rocks in my customers hubcaps
    so i took a piece of vacume hose and made a fake coil wire and droped it in some antifreez be accident wiped it off put it in
    at the end of the day the truck started (the antifreez is a conductor)
    whell the truck kept running 3 weaks
    his wife was having a complacations with pregnancy and had to go to a specilest out of town so i went to put the coil wire back in
    i toutched the hose and it crumbled glad i checked it she was in bad shape
    that might of put her on death row

lots if other good jokes
    that one backfired on me
    i did tell him after they returned home

5. henryj429

henryj429

When a co-worker of mine left for the day, we went into his desk and garbbed his deck of business cards. We wrote "Gay and proud of it" on the back of about every tenth one. He never did find out.

6. Thats right. I believe they were rated at 30cwt.

Here is a pic of a similar to the one we had .
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

Running through the town I grew up in was what was called " The Dry Run" actually a drainage ditch that would fill with water during a rain, it also had several streets that went through it, after it would rain and get 2-3 ft deep I'd back my car into it just enought to get it wet then drive to a stop sign 1/2 block away and sit there till someone came up and asked if the water was too deep to drive through, and I'd tell them I'd just driven through it. They would drive in and stall their car, and I'd drive up to the next block and do it all again.

8. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

I grew up on a street with row homes in Philadelphia. People parked at the curb and also put their trashcans out at the curb to be collected by the sanitation department. As me and my buddies walked through our neighborhood, if we found a car that had a string or rope hanging out of the trunk we would tie it to the closest trashcan. I can't say I ever saw anyone pull out early the next moring as they went to work, drgging a trashcan down the street.....I can only imagine.

9. oldsmerc

oldsmerc
    from seattle

I remember when I was in high school and my girlfriends heighbor bought a new 63 VW bug. Her dad would go over once a week and add a couple of gallons of gas to the tank. This went on for several weeks and the neighbor would brag very loudly about his fantastic mileage. Then her dad started siphoning a gallon out once a week. His neighbor couldn't figure out why the drasic drop in his mileage and took it to the dealer several times to complain. As far as I know Ward never let him know what he had done.

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

In college, we tied suitmates' doors together with rope, they couldn't get out in the morning.

Super glue in the key locks was always fun.

A small rectangle plastic garbage can filled with water precariously leaned against the hall door that floods the occupant's shoes in the a.m. on the way to class.

2 pieces of cardboard taped together on three sides and filled with baby powder. Slide the open end under the door and then jump on it. The whole room will be covered in a fine white layer.

Those hard plastic cafeteria plates make a god aweful racket when skipped frisbee style down a tile hallway at 3 A.M.

11. modeleh

modeleh

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pigpen1
    had a guy at work in the 70's with a vw beetle, he was always bragging about his gas mileage.
    so I started putting a gallon in his tank every week for about a month, boy was his mpg going up . after that i started siphoning out a gallon a week , he took it to a shop but nothing was wrong with it. drove him nuts. I was laughing my as off.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirt t
    My dad worked with a guy who just baught a new VW bug. 60's The guy bragged what great gas milage he was getting. Dad would go to the parking lot and add a quart of gas every couple of days the guy was saying this thing is great it's like it makes gas. a month later dad would take gas out. the guy was at the dealership raising hell about his gas milage.

Anyone else know a guy with a VW that gets great mileage?

12. snaptwo

snaptwo

"Let's fill your chevy full of water and go cruise Fremont Street" And with that spark of deluded,hungover on a hot Sat. morning ,"idea" spawned the Infamous Water Car Incident ! No bull, this actually happened ! Mason had an old 52 chevy that he used to drive to work and use for bar hopping afterwards ( a rather common trait for construction workers in the heat of July in Vegas) . Cut to the chase, next AM , brutally hot Sat.,with throbbing heads, Mason and his pal Willets line this poor 'ol beater with visqueen and duct tape , hang the garden hose thru the window. While it's filling , they put on their cut-offs, collect their cool cups and a few surviving beers and head out to cruise ! Well not quite,There were a few mechanical problems to solve, coat hanger hand throttle as the water pressure inside made the thing run WFO ! Crushed the springs ofcourse. Splash thru the open front door glasses with water lapping over the sides, and away they go!! Tourists down on glitter gulch are dumbfounded over this and are standing on the corner laughing their arses off,pointing at these two hooligans and their Water Car! OK ,enough of your laughter, Willets manages to open the passengers door ,a tsunami carries a wall of water to the side of the curb and drenches the crowd !! And away they went, only in Vegas !!

13. Outlawracer1

Outlawracer1
    from Indiana

Worked at a truck dealer years ago that these 2 guys never got along. It got so bad they had to put them on different shifts. One guy quit one night and he went to the other guys tool box, Put a grease zerk in the back of it and pump it full of grease until it was coming out of the drawers.

14. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

When I was a young teenager I thought it would be funny to pull a prank on my grandpa, so I took one of those party poppers and taped it to his fan blade, then tied the string to the water pump.
    When he got ready to leave he hit the starter and all went as planned; little pop and stuff flew all over inside the engine. Unfortunately he shut it off to see what happened, and opened the hood. I was the only person laughing hysterically, and also the guy who had to clean the mess up. That one cost me some free time that weekend! :)

15. Lild

Lild

Ive taped wheel weights to the inside of wheels and on driveshafts of co-workers cars and trucks. Puzzling when they have a vibration that wasnt there in the morning when they drove to work.
    Big zip ties will hold up good when you stick them through a hole in a wheel and tie them to the control arm or something else solid that doesnt rotate to lock up wheels.
    When I was in high school I tried to get one of my buddies with one of those "bombs" that go between the spark plug and plug wire and it didnt work. It burnt up but didnt make a sound or smoke. He ended up replacing his plug wires because he thought one of them burnt up. He was not happy when I asked him about it

16. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

Years ago some kids kept bashing my uncles mail box off the pole. So one weekend he went to the garage with some 1/8" plate and made a replica mail box. He went down to the road and took the old post out and stuck in its place a piece of 6' steel pipe casing and filled it with concrete and welded the new mail box to the new pole. Acouple nights later he hears a loud "BOOM!" so he grabs the flashlight and heads down to the mail box to see the damage. There was a small dent in the box and an aluminum ball bat laying beside the mail box and busted glass on the ground. He seen the car stopped up the road and shined the flashlight at them and started to walk up but they took off. He said he was sure the kids had some explainging to do when they got home to their parents, said they must have hit the mail box with the bat and it ripped the bat out of their hands and busted out the door glass in the car. I could only imagine how bad it had to hurt when that metal bat hit the mail box. That still makes me laugh.

At an old place i used to work there was a bathroom in the shop area and it was all made out of like 2"x2"x1/4" angle and covered in like 1/8" steel sheeting. There was a toilet with a door and a urnal and a sink, just a basic bathroom. When a new guy would start there and go to the bathroom to take a leak some body in the shop would run over and throw one of the 8" round blocks of wood that was about a foot long as hard as they could at the side wall by the urnal. You always new you got them good when they came back out covered in there own piss from shaking when the wood hit the wall and sounded like a bomb went off.

Another trick they would do was when somebody was on the crapper for a long time was to walk over to the door and take a crow bar and hook who ever was in theres pants and drag them off the crapper. That or throw a pack of fire crackers under the stall door and run, LOL!

17. tjmercury

tjmercury

Ran the windshield washer hoses under the dash, so when they used them the water would hit them in the crotch! Made for an interesting day watching them explain that they didn't wet themselves.

18. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

Years ago I worked with an old retired Air Force E-9. He was so grumpy everybody called him "Sweet Lou" . Of course we screwed with him all the time but one guy was worse than others so Lou decided to get even.

Ol' Lou scouted out this guys car,even went by his house to check the license plate number to make sure he got the right car since there were a hundred or so cars in the parking lot.

Lou got a quart of black pepper and caught the car unlocked and funneled the whole quart into the defrost vents. This was late summer so Lou was waiting for the first cold snap so his revenge would be enacted.

Come the first cold day and Lou was even grumpyier than usual. We were Air Traffic Controllers and were working the same sector together. He finally told me the story about the pepper and how he'd been waiting for this first cold day and how he just couldn't get over on this SOB that was screwing with him all the time. Turns out Lou had just found out that the guy had sold the car just the week before. I laughed til I cried.

Good Luck

Tom

19. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

My wifes uncle worked at a GM plant and he said some days after lunch when he was finished with his can of coke he would fill it with nuts and bolts and the it would get welded somewhere into the car! that explains alot of those unexplainable rattle!! and one time for pay back i got a box and filled it with packing peanuts and someone shit in the peanuts and then we mailed to the guy! I can only imageine the look on his face after he found the turd after digging around in the peanuts!!

20. afaulk

afaulk

The manage of the Sears Automotive Service Center i worked for in the early 70s had given us mechanics a bad time all day. As he pulled down the last door, locking up for the night i handed him 4 valve cores. He said "what are these for". My reply, it'll come to you.

21. This One? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVaEF_HqLz4

22. That prank is in this little book! Except you super glue coin to the ground. better yet, Glue a fake $20 Bill , folded, so when they pick it up- it rips!
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...b=12rjhmtml&sigi=11pank1lo&.crumb=TOJ5cgbyKy2

23. Come to think of it I remember say, about a couple short years ago me and my sis were driving into town and little did we know, a couple young hot-shots were driving real close behind us in their rickety-racket rig. Everything went silent and then a sudden LOUD POP!
    I flipped my head around in panic thinking something fell off my sister's car but only to find these stinkers driving beside us laughing their heads off! I finally found out what it was when they drove ahead of us popping their rig at other people. I was so MAD we got pranked! I wondered how they did that.

24. ayer

ayer

a friend of mine is always asking me to help him go pick something up. if we leave early i usually fall asleep in the seat. he will keep hitting the rumble strips when i fall asleep, laughing about how well they work. well one time i am driving on the way back and he is asleep in the pass seat with the seat tipped way back. so i hit the rumble strips, slam on the brakes and yell "OH SHIT" he tries to sit up but can't because of the seat belt, so he is waving his arms and legs trying to see what is happening. man were his eyeballs big. he did not go back to sleep. actually i don't think he even blinked his eyes the rest of the trip.

25. markl350

markl350

It was great fun at the shipyard when the guy would be all set in an awkward position, get ready to strike an arc, flip his helmet and come to find out we colored in his lens with a marker...had a chipping hammer miss my head by an inch one time!

26. Snafu

Snafu

Just 2. Duct taped a bunch of heavy bolts to a guys driveshaft. It about shook the eyes out of his head for a few blocks. And I siliconed a BB inside a valve stem cap. caused a nice slow leak. :).

27. Clik

Clik

Shop Prank Remembered: Mechanic enters small bathroom and takes his place on the throne. Perp sprays water hose under the door which causes no real alarm...until the victim sees two bare wires from an extention cord snake under the door and hears one of the perps yell to the other "Plug it in"! Of course it wasn't being plugged in, but the victim claimed to have sore stomach muscles from holding his feet off the floor for so long.

28. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

A few blasts of air under the bathroom door will stir the dust enough to hurry up someone who's taking a long time in the bathroom :)

Someone who used to help out around here used to bolt together some parts for me to tack. We had a pretty good system down- he would be bolting one while I would tack, then we'd trade and on and on. Sometimes I would throw a tack on the fixture where he would grab it... of course he was wearing gloves, but it was pretty funny once the heat started to make its way through the leather.

29. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

what about some wire wrapped around a driveshaft

30. Take a paper wad and get it soaking wet(spit)remove coil to dist.wire. Insert wad into dist. hole and reinstall the coil wire. Car would run 'till wad dryed up then would quit and not restart. Harder than hell to figure what went wrong.