Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Ford truck door latch release

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mgthunderhouse, Jul 4, 2011.

1. mgthunderhouse

mgthunderhouse

If anybody can help, it should be the HAMB Nation.
    My dilema is that I have a 1934 Ford truck with no interior door latch release's in it. Looks to be a 3 bolt tringle plate with the shaft and a spring loaded reset would do the trick but I have googled every definition I can and found nothing, the only thing I find is the handles but nothing to pop the door.
    Tired of using the coat hanger engineered pull.

2. HotRod33

HotRod33

I don't know if anyone sells them but you just about described it. The triangle bolts to the door and has a square shaft through it. there is an arm on the inside that a rod attaches to and runs over to the door latch. It is not spring loaded the door latch already is, the handle goes onto the square shaft and that is what you pull back and it opens the latch.... I will get a picture later tonight if no one posts one......

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I think I saw one for sale in the hamb classified ...I usually see them selling around 175 .I take it you need drivers door..............

4. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

Hotrod33 described it perfectly....no one makes it new though...most of the time the door hardware costs just as much as a door or cab does....

5. mgthunderhouse

mgthunderhouse

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thats not them 32 -34 are the same ,TRY POSTING IN THE WANTED SECTION

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

32-34 Pickups share door latches and remote handle "triangles" with all 32 bodies except open cars and 3W Coupes. So, if you can get any of the "triangles" from any 32 closed body, except 3W Coupe, you can make up your own remote rods, actually flat stock bars, to solve your problem.
    How hard can that be?

8. HotRod33

HotRod33

here is a shity picture I found......[​IMG].

9. You can make a number of the old ford style work. There is a right and left.

10. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I have a set of the door latch handle "assemblies" you're looking for. They are off of a different year & body style but should work just fine. pm me for more info.

11. Deadmans Dave

Deadmans Dave

I just got a set of 32-34 truck latches from Dick Spadaro. They were $400 for the set, They are PERFECT !

12. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Looked in the vendors section but didnt see anything. How do I go about getting in touch with him and maybe ordering a set? Thanks

13. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Nevermind, It just hit me that he has a web site. Been a long day.