Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ring for my girlfriend? Na.. Chopped '54 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Bought this from a buddy of mine in town for my girlfriend. I remember playing around it when I was really little. It's been off the road for about 7 years or so, but it's got a 327 under the hood. It'll be on the road for spring!
    -Dean

Attached Files:

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I had a Chemistry teacher in High School that everyone said used to be a stripper and hi name was Blue Thunder. I bet he would have loved that car! :D

Pretty awesome project!!! Only things I would change off the bat is the rear window (I know that's a pain in the ass), the wheels and the visor. Other then that it looks like a nice car! Love the tail lights!

3. bottledViolence

bottledViolence

nice jimmy buffet sticker too

4. Rear window is staying for sure :D I don't wanna get too deep in this project. It's going to get some Fiesta wheelcovers with white wall bias plys and side lake pipes, and 8 chrome tips out the back. And strip all that paint off the chrome bumpers!
    -Dean

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

All good stuff!!! Whoa Fiestas, you're already too deep haha!!! I want a set bad for my '54. It's going to be nice man!!! The chrome bumpers are going to give it a whole new look and the tires are going to make the car.

6. I like the idea of staying true to the original build. Bringing back the chrome is a step in the right direction.

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bro, that windows gotta go. I'll come help. :) is your girl stoked on the car??

8. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

Back glass HAS to go. That is a must.

CN

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, cool score - ya has some weird stuff but, a great starting point. as for back glass, maybe a trick paint job could change the look.

10. Fleetside

Fleetside

Nice ride, but yeah it's begging for some chrome and decent wheels, it will make all the difference. Nice score.

11. Oh that glass isn't too bad! :D It's staying and so is the paint. I got it for a killer price and she's pumped, so it's all good. I think once it has some nice wheels/tires and more chrome it'll look right. I'm going to try and do some research and find out when it was built. Could have been an early build to start with.
    -Dean

12. S.F.

S.F.

well, you made the better choice

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

14. BJR

BJR

Loose the visor.

15. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

I think the choice of skirts on it is a little silly, but other than that, not bad. My '54 has a 327 and it's bad assed :p

16. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Right on man. Have fun with it!

17. roddinron

roddinron

rear window is horrible, but at least ditch those skirts or find a way to level them. Nice car though.

18. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

looks good man, all i'd do is strip the paint off the bumpers, lose the visor, get whitewalls and OG steelies (with sombrero caps). TONS of potential

19. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

20. Chopped '54 Chevy for your girlfriend?!?

...nice trade!!! :D

The car looks like it has a lot of work in it, and I know I would be hesitant to dig into the body as well. It could turn into a body off in a new York minute! I'm glad you are going to bring out some more chrome!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

21. thesupersized

thesupersized

loose the skirts, loose the visor, add chrome bumpers,hubcaps and white whites, and like many other people said...that back window has to go. while your at it....add some sidetrim, and shave the door handles! GET TO WORK! ;)

22. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Amen!