Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. navypainter

navypainter

Funny as s**t. Cant wait to use a few of 'em!

2. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

isettajohn thanks for the pic. of the car bomb. As for the rest of you pranksters you should be ashamed of yourselves :D

3. wrench74fun

wrench74fun
    from tucson,az

in the early 70's we had a neighbor 3 houses away that was a real jerk. he hated kids and would always run them off if they were playing on the sidewalk any where near his house. just your typical horses ass. my next door neighbor's son really hated him so after a good night of catfishing we were cleaning the fish and i told frankie to bring some of the heads and come with me. we went to his driveway popped the hubcaps off and filled them with the catfish heads. after a few days in the sun it really got to stinking. he would walk around the car trying to figure out where the smell was coming from and we would be watching from our garage and laughing our asses off. he would wash the car, look under the hood, look under the car grumble and cuss it was just too funny. dont know how he finally figured it out probably took it to a shop and they found it.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Two half-opened packets of ketchup under a toilet seat.
    The "mark" sits down and gets their daily dose of licopene all over their backside.
    Be prepared to run....fast and far.

5. I used to commute with 2 other guys in a pickup to construction sites. Well one morning we get caught in commute traffic and I need to fart BAD. Thank god it was an SBD, just as I started to smell it I turned to them and said "Hey does that smell like an electrical fire to you guys?" Yes they both took really deep inhales followed by gagging and bailing out of the truck. I sure people had to wonder why three grown men are choking and dieing laughing while standing on the fast lane of the 101

6. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

At the machine shop where I used to work I was heating up the bore in the end of a large paper roll so that I could slide a new journal in. I was using a torch to do the heating and the going was slow. The journal itself was sitting in liquid nitrogen to shrink a little. One of the summer help / college boys came by carring an empty bucket. I explained to him that if we had a bucket of steam for me to pour into the bore it would quicken the process a little...he spent quite a bit of time walking around the shop asking where he could get a bucket of steam...

7. skoh73

skoh73

Ranunculous- My girlfriend is gonna get a surprise when she gets back from Vegas tomorrow! I can't freakin' wait, this is gonna be some funny shit (possibly literally) :)

8. 01A

01A

Long zip ties on the drive shaft, cow bell under the car, melons under the rear wheels...

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Using Saran Wrap,cover the top of the toilet bowl and put the seat down.
    Juvenile prank,but funnier than hell!
    Unscrew the bathroom lighbulb so the victim doesn't see the sheen on the plastic wrap.

10. not car related but shop related.most of them done to me.
    I was an apprentice at a millwork/cabinet shop,so there is a lot of sawdust especially MDF dust is really fine and makes a mess.
    Everytime I went to the bathroom Ray would take a broom and sweep lots and lots of saw dust outside the door,then He would take the air gun and BLOW all that dust under the door into the little 6x6 room with no windows.

They used to tell me that breathing saw dust would make me sterile.

I got people back by hiding their container of their left over food,hiding it for a couple of months,opening the lid and duck tape it to the underside of their work bench.

Also FOR SALE signs tapped to their tailgates with 300 OBO and their real number.
    They were newer trucks so they had lots of people bugging them all day.

Used to crank the volume on the shop radio and tuned the satelite radio to DEATH METAL hook it up to the light switch and build a box around the radio so they would take a 1/2 hour breaking the over glued wooden box to change the music.

One of my brothers employee used to be an asshole prankster,One day he noticed his friend was wearing nylon sweatpants so he took his penis out got close to his friend to ask him to look at something,he then pissed inside his friends pocket and let him figure out why his leg was warm

11. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Is this true? A 1 1/2 ton utility?

12. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

In high school - worked night shift a a local factory and one of the other "kids" there was a real pain in the rear. He had a 68 Montego so one evening during coffee break I put a wet cardboard chunk around his coil wire. No problems for a couple of weeks until he left it parked for a few hot days. It wouldn't start - no spark! Towed it to a local shop where they did a lot of stuff until they found it. He deserved it!

13. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

I still get the new guys at work with the bet you can't bend the welding rod behind your neck trick old timer did it to me when I first started I fell for it. If you haven't heard this one grab a welding rod and try to bend it with your hands behind your head.

14. gtkane

gtkane

OK, the curious side of me want to go to the shop and try it...
    The cautious side is a little scared! What's up with this?

15. In High school my Forestry Teacher and the Ag teacher had a little practical prank war that they had been having since they started working together. Well one day the Ag teacher pants our teacher in the middle of the quad. Well we couldn't have that. The ag teacher just got a new S-10 so we happened to have 2 large cans of fart spray. We emptied both cans on a towel and placed it under his seat. He brough the pick-up back to the dealership a couple of days later and said there was something wrong with the A/C. Well those highly qualified mechanics couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, so they gave him a brand new one. Then gave him that same towel. He eventually figured it out. his car still smelled three weeks later.

16. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

I fell for this when I was a pre-apprentice

17. modeleh

modeleh

I'm guessing the flux breaks off and falls down the neck of your shirt then you're itchy?

18. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

Oh let me tell you the story of Harold Hannemann, that sneaky old fart. We were build some boat engines and I was kinda slacking sitting on a forklift reading a magazine. All of a sudden it felt like a hot poker was being stuck in my back. Old Harold snuck up behind me and put a Vertex mag coil wire to my back while grounding the body on the forklift seat frame then giving it a good spin. He got a good laugh out of it, me, I was wondering what the hell bit me. Yea these old timers have a warped sense of humor.LOL:eek:

19. wrap a zip tie to a buddys driveshaft and watch as he hunts for the sound which only does it while driving. or duct tape a piece of small angle iron to his driveshaft and he'll hunt for hours trying to find the wobble

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  20. choptup 49

choptup 49
    from so-cal

During school we would silicone teachers doors shut. Or just their gas doors. We would also put big zipp ties to their driveshaft, it would whip the floorboard. We were dicks!

21. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Put raw shrimp in someones hubcaps once... 2 days later no one in the school parking lot would park within 100 ft of it... took him a wk and a half to figure that one out.

22. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Tape wheel weights are very good.... crawl under your targets vechicle and put about 2oz of weights on that inside of the rim... most people these days will take it to the shop cause they are scared..

Powder in the ac vents with the ac on high so when they start it.. poof... that was another good one we did in school days..

all time favorite on the non auto related.... its a cold night and your room mate or wife is in the shower.... its nice and hot ... go to the water heater and crank off the supply line valve and wait for the scream.... then turn back on and ask them what the problem is? had 1 guy who rented a room from me going for 1 yr that the plumbing would just back up a bit and the hot water would stop... never told him what really happened..

23. Clik

Clik

Gas Station Prank: Typical gas station: Mens Room and Ladies Room toilets share the same line.

Victim sits down and prankster blasts other toilet with one of those quicky truck tire bead seaters.

24. Clik

Clik

Prank Remembered: Hot Rod hoodlums, evicted from Mc D's parking lot, made frequent forays from adjacent lot to mess with rent-a-cop Mc D's enforcers.

Perp notices rent-a-cop eating a burger as he walks his little beat and knows at some point the wrapper is going to be tossed in the flip top can.

Perp hides in the can. When rent-a-cop flips the lid to dispose of his burger wrapper our perp went off like a barking, snarling mad dog.

Rent-a-cop almost needed CPR.

25. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

Not car related but I was helping my daad weld up some pipe casing for a chimney on his garage, the threads on the casing were all greasy and the weld was really crappy and I kept telling him but he wouldn't listen. So I went and got the grinder and wire wheeled the area for a better weld, just as I started welding he took about a 4' long piece of 2"x4" and put one end on the floor and held the other end in his hand and put his foot on the end that was on the ground and let go so that it "SLAPPED" the ground right behind me. It sounded like a bomb went off and I nearly pissed my pants while him and all his buddies just laughed.

Another non car related trick is go to a buddy's house and bring a chicken bullion cube, go to the restroom and unscrew the shower head. Then unwrap and slip the chicken bullion cube up into the supply tube for the shower head and re-install the shower head. It will take days or even weeks to get rid of the smell once it is on you. You will smell like chicken noodle soup for a long time.

Dad has told me stories about his buddies in high school and how they would prank them when they went out on dates. He said the would break all the lugnuts loose on there car on the back wheels and jack it up and put it on blocks so that the tires were barely off the ground and block the car up. Then they would remove the lug nuts and put the hub caps back on the car. He said the look on their face when they would gas the car and it would go anywhere and they would give it a little more and the wheels would shoot off the car and go across the parking lot was priceless!!!

26. Oh, hell, I have a lot of stories that will fit in this thread.

I use to work for Mack Trucks years ago as a mechanic. One trick that happened on a couple of occasions was used after one of the other mechanics had just overhauled an engine. On the initial start up, someone would stand near the truck where the mechanic wouldn't know you're there. As he started the engine, the guy whose hidden would start tapping on the chassis or bumper with a wrench or hammer in cadence with the engine. When the mechanic would rev the engine, the hidden guy would speed up the tapping. The effect sounded just like a rod knocking. It was funny to see the frustration and then the WTF look the mechanic would have when he discovered it was just a prank.

Other tricks:

1) Blow Torch - What's needed: Can of ether, a lighter, and a total absence of common sense. You'd be under a truck working, when all of a sudden a huge fire ball would come blasting through from up above down through the chassis to where you were working. No one seemed to think of what could go wrong with that prank (Yeah, it was dumb).

2) Creeper Spin - Again, you'd be under a truck working, then, all of a sudden, someone would grab your ankles and drag your ass out into the parking lot for a whirlybird ride. The centrifugal force would lift you and the creeper you had a death grip on off the ground. The landings were often messy.

3) Anti-Seize Lubricant Prank - What's needed: That silver anti-seize grease and no sense of decency. This prank is simple. Just take the applicator that comes with the container of grease (a brush fixed to the lid) and apply a liberal coating under each of the handles of some poor schmuck's tool chest. Once you got that shit on your hands, it seemed like it took you an hour to get it off. It somehow multiplies itself as you try to wipe it off.

27. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

we cut a rubber eraser off a wood pencil and put in the distributor cap. In a cylinder if we just wanted to aggravate, in the coil lead if we were a little more serious

28. pigpen1

pigpen1

had a guy at work in the 70's with a vw beetle, he was always bragging about his gas mileage.
    so I started putting a gallon in his tank every week for about a month, boy was his mpg going up . after that i started siphoning out a gallon a week , he took it to a shop but nothing was wrong with it. drove him nuts. I was laughing my as off.

29. My dad worked with a guy who just baught a new VW bug. 60's The guy bragged what great gas milage he was getting. Dad would go to the parking lot and add a quart of gas every couple of days the guy was saying this thing is great it's like it makes gas. a month later dad would take gas out. the guy was at the dealership raising hell about his gas milage.

30. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

I just thought of one I pulled when I was a transmission tech. I bass fish a lot so one day I bought some Berkley Power Bait Worms ( plastic worms ) that have a smell that's like a turd covered in burnt hair and cat crap,the smell would gag a maggot.Well one of the guys at the wash rack saw me smelling in the bag and I had a confused look on my face. Really I was blowing air out but pretending to take a deep breath in. He said whats going on? I said I can't figure out if these smell like cherrys or strawberrys, he said give um here I said you have to take a really deep breath when you smell them cause the smell is very faint.He opened the bag and stuck his nose in and took a really big sniff and his eyes got real big and he let all the air out of his body and his exact words were " man dems smells f**ked up. I pulled that on more then a few people :)