Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for opinions on my 59..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Hey guys, finally got the 59 back on all fours after the suspension mods. Now I'm just wondering what all I should do to it..style wise. These red rims are only on there so I can be rolling, I'll eventually buy some Chrome Reverse. I'm gonna do some bodywork to it such as seam filling and patch panels. gonna paint it satin black with a flake roof maybe. I'm gonna run a flipped and narrowed 56 chevy p/u bumper..not sure what else. What would you do!
    -Jon :cool:
    And take it easy on me, I'm 15 and this is my first real build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. PRB

PRB
    from Az

Lookin good. Nice stance. Lots of finish options with that body but that beltline really stands out....start thinking there.

3. rod rialto

rod rialto
    from rialto, ca

I would just put head lights and bumpers on it...and maybe a mild little stereo, and then just drive the wheels off it.

4. At 15, you're way ahead of many here on the Forum. If it was my truck, I'd be looking for Box Art from the '59 AMT Truck and call it a day. Be true to what actually was, and drivetrain be damned.....Make it look like it was, and make the ride and power contemporary. Dude, you have to drive it....what does it matter what others think? Build it for yoyrself.....that's what early Customisers did....It wasn't about other guys...it was what your dreams demanded! Build IT! You have a great start.................................

5. Thanks man, I didn't even think of the box art. I have built 4 of them already but no boxes. The engine in this would make people scratch there heads but it is running and was free.

6. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

different color for the wheels and drive it

7. Well like I said those are temporary, I just painted them up and bolted them on...I could run my 53 stude caps though..

Attached Files:

• Hmm.jpg
      Hmm.jpg
      File size:
      293.2 KB
      Views:
  8. I'm a fan of chrome reversed wheels with baby moons. Pick a good solid color and use the belt line for a natural break for pin striping. With what you have, I believe less is more. I prefer understated cars and my favorite are "sleepers", but that can come later.

9. 510madmav

510madmav

I like the idea of chrome reverse, I have a set I'm putting on mine too!

10. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

i'd go with painted steelies (roof color) and some sort of ford poverty cap.
    as for color, i can see this truck in a satin dark dark blue, with a cream roof, but thats JMO

11. skoh73

skoh73

I dig the chrome reverse as well- can't really go wrong there. I would go 2 tone- same color top and bottom with an ivory color above the beltline but below the roof. Shoot me a pm if ya want me to do a quick Photoshop. Looks like a good start.

12. So you'll like this one then? :D

Attached Files:

13. It won't let me send you a PM, says you have to much in your storage. But yeah I'd love to see one.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you have done some really good work so far. for now just continue on with plans you have layed out. if you decide to keep truck and want to customize it take a look at the roof line, door pillars and raised areas around wheel wheel openings - they all have a nice slanted angle. then the rear of bed has very sharp square angles. maybe do a little slicing and give it a forward angle (a trick paint job could also give this effect). the front is where some true work is needed - maybe pie cut the hood, recess the grille, etc ( maybe if you paint the grill the same color as the truck it might not look like it sticks out so much) - just food for thought to think outside the box. have fun