Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

nice photo, Big Dad.

2. toolz1175

toolz1175
    from IL

I absolutely love these cars, my favorites being the '65 sedans. I bought my '65 Belv I in 1984, and raced it with a 440 through '89. It hasn't been out since. I dove into it recently again, new front and rear suspension, and a 572 Hemi is getting close to completion. Might have it out next year, but too many projects going on.

3. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

Here is pictures of my 64 Dodge 330 racing here in Sweden at Kjula dragway. It went 11.81 at the 1/4 mile as best with hurst pie crust cheater slicks 29x9-15 and open cut outs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H_9H8Lk6Gc

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      88.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      81.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      97.4 KB
      Views:
  4. storm king

storm king

That's pretty stout for that tire jesco! Congrats!

5. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

Thanks man. When the tires was brand new the car was like a vibrating snake on the road, I was close returning to the garage an swap but after half way to the track they start function like tires should - almost.

Then after some runs on the strip they was quite okay!

Hope they will stay in one piece...

6. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

by the way here is my 65 dodge superstock hemi tribute... not raced yet...

Attached Files:

7. Geri

Geri

you must not have been around back then. we bought the super stocks, raced them, dumped them and moved on.. I bought my '63 plymouth SS for $2904.00 out the door and the dealer threw in a '53 chev for daily transportation.
    I raced both Blairs '62 Plymouth and Tommy Grove at Fremont on the same day- beat blair's black lost to groves white '63. not bad considering I lived in sacramento- drove to fremont uncapped the stock exhaust and borrwed 7" bruce slicks.

8. Geri

Geri

nobody KNEW they'd be worth money- and we thought they'd always be around.

9. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

What name (or sponsor) was on your car or what name did you race under? I may have been there that day.

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

This was posted by "Jigger" in the Friday art show thread today ..

Thought this post was a good place for it, great art !

[​IMG]

11. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Some recent pics I have taken:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these pics are from shows I have been at over the last few months. Full coverage of the shows are on my blog. If you poke around on it you will find some other make factory lightweight and super stock stuff too.

12. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you original guys from the 60's who raced these, modified them and had fun doing what you wanted to do. Im 27 and at an early age the first time I saw one of these got me interested in Mopar, muscle cars, drag racing and restorations. To many guys my age you fellas are legends and hero's to us and have been a great positive influence on my life! Dream of mine to own one of these and I plan on making that a reality and keep it like you guys had it and race it not pamper it!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  13. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

For those of you on this thread interested in the history of these cars, here (and on some following posts) is a very good article from the 7-22-11 issue of "National Dragster"

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

The rest of the story....................

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. 383man

383man
    from Md

I ran a new best of 10.76 @ 124.49 last weekend. Thats pump gas thru the pipes driving to the track. Ron

[​IMG]

16. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

Thunder Valley Dragways
    Marion, SD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Molina

Molina

a couple years ago at the Grand national show i was able to ride in the Outer Limits altered wheel base plymouth. amazing !

Attached Files:

18. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Thanks for the article! Too bad no new pics seem to have surfaced though. Looks like the photo of the Long Ram engine on page 59 is of the early '62 car before the Max Wedge came out.

Has anyone here seen the '61 Ramcharger car in real life or, better yet, have interior pics of it?? I would need to find out what the interior color was as well as the other interior details! Any info would be much appreciated!

19. fpcopo

fpcopo
    from Omaha, NE

Here is ours, 426 Stage 1, 3 spd T85 Borg warner, 6950 miles. Used to run at Englishtown in the 80s by Kelly Brothers. I wonder if some one has pics. I think it had a crappy lace paint job.[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Congrats Ron. Your car is very cool and fast!!

21. Frustration

Frustration
    from PA

The look you get when you're around a mid sixties super stock Mopar!

Attached Files:

22. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

As far as I know, the long ram tube setup was not used at all in '62 before the Max Wedge came out. It was used in 1960 and in 1961. If memory still serves me, it made it's first appearance in a production car in 1960 on the Chrysler 300F.

23. 383man

383man
    from Md

Thank you Jody. I was hoping to see you at Capitol last weekend ? We had a great time and my brother Gary ran 10.45 three rounds in a row and got runner up when he went red with a .002 ! I tried changing my timing around and it did not help so I went back to 38 total where it likes it the best. My best pass was 10.83 @ 124. Really sorry I have not got to see you this year. I went to the Delmar US 13 race about a month or so ago with my brother but did not see you there. How is it going and how is the car running ? Ron

[​IMG]

24. 383man

383man
    from Md

Frustration. Man I love that car. :) Ron

[​IMG]

25. Judd

Judd

26. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Seen on ebay, sold for $3950. Enough to make me wish my garage had been empty. I hope the new owner gets it running right and drives it just like it sits.

Attached Files:

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Saw this recently at the Great Lakes Drag Strip....
    Cheers.....

Attached Files:

28. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter
    from Kentucky

I'm trying to locate my old race car. Sold it in the mid-70's & can't remember who bought it. It was known as the "Crispy Critter". 426 max-wedge w/ auto. trans. Was last seen at a race in Ohio about 12 years ago, bracket racing, and was painted white at that time.

It was originally tan or white as the interior was tan w/ rubber flooring instead of carpeting. It was a Savoy and painted '69 Camaro green when I bought it. Here are a few pic's taken at Beech Bend back about 1972.

Any help in locating, or anyone with knowledge of it's whereabouts will be greatly appreciated!!

Attached Files:

29. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

That's what I call ralley green too, even though I've got a road runner that came from the factory in that color.

30. i have a factory rallye green RR also