Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features I bought my 4 year old son his first Car last night ( a Henry J )

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Piston Farmer, Sep 29, 2011.

1. von zipper

von zipper

Just look at that smile on his face!

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

In 1968,I help my buddy BOB put a 283 in his"J".
    The stock 6 was really pretty hot "J" red seal contenial 6cly had a lot power for the "J" lite body vs the 4 cly that was also in some"J"s.
    If the 6 was a good runner,it'd be good to use tell ya got v8 in great shape ect.

Attached Files:

3. ^ The 6 is stuck, im gonna dunk it in a barrel of molasses till spring and see if i can save it for something in the future but i already have a really nice 283 to go in the HenryJ.

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

great!! it is important to get the young ones involved early, i always take my 2 girls to al the car shows i can

5. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

This is awesome!!!! I also just bought my 4 years old son his first car a 49 ford tudor! He doesn't know its his yet but it will happen soon.

rodbiz likes this.
  6. That is excellent, you are a good dad!!

7. Trix Saum

Trix Saum

Did I meet you at Chop Tops with Henry James?

8. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Sweet. Your son is a lucky kid. Just think of the many hours you and he are going to spend either bonding or arguing. My son and I did the latter. He still thinks his old man doesn't know crap.

9. Nope, sorry not us.

10. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

man thats too cool, we need more young gearheads to keep this hobby alive!

thank you!

11. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That smile couldn't get any bigger. Super cool.

12. outlaw256

outlaw256

thats great. very lucky kid.my grandson has loved mustangs since he could say mustang. he has been able to pick out every year mustang since he was about 3, well last yr a bought a ot mustang(68) to flip. good car. great shape. well he sees it and falls in love .i ask him if he wants it YES. so i give it to him thinking he just forget about it a short while. WRONG. now hes tell me what color he wants it so it looks good when he drives it to school. he just turned 5 a few days ago.lol

13. chevy3755

chevy3755

will you adopt me please..........

14. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

Is he gonna build a gasser out of it? :p

15. Trix Saum

Trix Saum

I met a lovely little boy (also Henry James) with his father and grandfather when I was with my '51 this summer in KC. He was looking for a '51 for his son as well. Looks like it is all there! Great find!

16. Today the flathead 6 went into a Molasses bath for a couple months, we will see how well it disolves the rust! My son loves the movie Who framed Roger Rabbit, so the drum of mollases shall from here on out be called " The Dip". It just barely fit in that thing.

The head is loose so the Dip can reach the cylinders, valves, ect...

[​IMG]

We pulled the oil pan

[​IMG]

Tight Squeeze but it fit

[​IMG]

5 gallons of Molasses

[​IMG]

mix with water and you get The Dip

[​IMG]

Alot of work for something we have no plans on useing anytime in the foreseeable future.

17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ive never used a molasses dip, I've only read about it. I hope you post some after photos when you pull it in a few months.

18. sololobo

sololobo

Tubs are for taking baths. My friend Tammy in K.C. has a Henry J that isn't being done gasser style, will she be in trouble for being so inclined? I love em however they are done, good luck with the car. ~sololobo~

19. boy it looks like those rear wheel wells are just ACHING to be cut! good luck

20. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

21. drcliff

drcliff

Well played. I bought my newborn son a 49 Buick Straight 8 motor. My wife hasn't quite caught on yet, either!

[​IMG]

22. Not much progress as of yet, I pulled the fuel line from the engine compartment to under the body. and talk about some old gas, this thing was last registered in 68. and im not sure it ran much after that, but hard to belivie there is still fuel in the line.

23. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Congrats!!! I bought my son a 52 HJ before he was born.It's not going to be a gasser either just a mild Kustom.

24. derbydad276

derbydad276

really cool I want more info on the dip!

25. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That is freaking awesome.

26. So we can get a jaguar from my uncle for a couple hundred bucks, we might see about putting IRS under the J

27. Update on "The Dip", It was a month yesterday since we dropped the engine in and i thought we would check on the progress. the easiest thing to be able to tell was to reach in and pull the fan out. And well the pictures speaks for itself! the little bit of black you see in the photo is all thats left of the original paint and the rust is gone off of it. We are still going to let the rest of it sit in the dip awhile longer.

[​IMG]

all that was done was a simple hose off of the fan after pulling it out.

28. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Nobody is going to get upset if you admit your son was named after the Henry J car. Your other son's middle name isn't Hornet is it? Either way you have to get him a Hudson now.

29. acj

acj

That's just to cool,you an your son are lucky.... keep us posted.

30. Hemi j

Hemi j
    from Colorado

I hope he grows to love it as much I love mine!!