Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

It makes for a great shot though.......But Id be willing to bet it came up way to hard just as my car did on the first run of the day and unloaded the tires.

Everything youve done and acomplished with this truck is badass...Imagine how good your purpose built will do with this type of dedication

Tony

Attached Files:

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks for posting the PIC Tony...........Bob sure can capture the moment....The Truck really looks angry and stressed........Thanks, Tony....you helped me get their !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Saxxon........You are correct.........This Saturday will be the last time the Truck goes down the 1320 in race trim.......I took 75 hp out of the tune-up....did some suspension tweeking on the passenger side rear Dragbone and will bolt on the wheelie bars that I setup after I bent the front dropped axle....and see if I can make a complete pass...if not...it is still going back to the street come next spring for good !...........Littleman

4. sololobo

sololobo

Dude the shop rocks, you are a tough one chasin that mill to go faster, atta boy. Man we have all missed you at the H.A.MB. drags, hope you can make the long trek back nest year. Take care bro, keep on keepin on. ~sololobo~

5. voodoo1

voodoo1

That A truck reminds me of the old AA Alterds. Just rearing up, full up and pissed off! I love it! Mike

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

you set you goal and made it! wow, ass kickin for sure.

7. patman

patman

2009:
    2011:
    Uh huh. Suuuure it will. :D Admit it...the racing bug bit you BAD!

8. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Patman.......no really........really....The Truck blasted its last pass today.........I bet I said something in 2010 as well...ha ha.....The problem is I feel real comfortable in this Truck.....But I need to stop, for I do not see trying to get this 1930 Model A chassis Teched out to run in the 9's...sure it can been done. But I really need something truly purpose built, lighter and faster and safer.......Littleman

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I made the last two passes today in The Truck. It left straight both times, the right side chassis mod seemed to do the trick. I also adjusted the wheelie bars much lower for the 2nd pass.....First pass was a 9.62 @ 139.02 mph w/ no wheelie bar adj.......last pass was a 9.57 @ 136......I hate to return this donkey to street duty...for I know their is much more left on the table...It needs to stop somewhere and today was it on a killer November day here in Ohio..........I had a blast w/ this Truck, my daughter told me tonight to put a not so loud engine in it so I could pick her up @ the daycare she attends....Thanks to everyone that has helped me out, Littleman Dave

First vid is a bit long, you get to see how windy the Thompson return road is.....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvt-wQj5fhs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mvt-wQj5fhs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/36AWvYhC8_c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/36AWvYhC8_c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Damn that lil sucker leaves hard! Good times for sure.

11. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Sweet. That's the way to finish out the year. Great job. Wish I was there to watch.

12. Congrats on everything you have been able to accomplish with this truck, but selfishly I hate to see it retired! The last time I saw this truck in action, it was ripping off low 11's and I thought that was incredible... you really have set the bar now!

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks...........I am starting to feel depressed about retiring the Truck but feel good about it @ the same time.......If I remember...my first pass ever was like 15.99-16.00......This Saturday just before my first pass. I was stuck in my Truck in the staging lanes for atleast 45 min. while they cleaned up a mess...I kept my helmet on and talked out loud to my Truck, going thru all the challenges and fun times we had...and asked it not to hurt me this one last Saturday we would raise hell and blast down the 1320.......I talked that entire 45 minutes to it.......If someone would have heard me...I am sure they would have had me locked up..HA HA HA ..........It is for certain..I do have a screw loose, Littleman

14. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

We ALL have a screw loose! Why else would we be in this hobby?

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

I had a similar conversation with the Scout the first time it was at the track. I talked about how we had gotten to this point and the 35 year history I had had with it. I too asked it not to hurt me.

It's been a pretty good relationship since then

16. Glen

Glen

Dave, that is intersting watching your video's, my model A started to do the same thing when it started getting fast, it would pick up the front end, twist the chassis, and then wiggle on the 1-2 shift. The fact I dont have an anti-roll bar and I still run the buggy spring doesnt help either. Good call on taking it off the track. I really need to strap the left front axle so it doesnt drop as far, it extends the front end too far and puts bump steer into it when it comes back down.

17. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Someone sent me this you-tube video of still shots from Thompson DragStrip from this year 2011, They captured my first real wheelie that bent the axle '' before the wheelie bars'', well my poor actions helped bend the axle as well ..Its a rear view pic...It really shows how hard my poor Model A frame was working...more like it has its tongue hanging out......The pic appears around 2:48 in the vid....Thought it was neat to see how twisted it would get...beware video contains non hamb like vehicles...so squint your eye's real hard then pause the video @ 2:48 ish....Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PEEDpfEFCE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PEEDpfEFCE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

18. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

[​IMG]

I pulled the still shot out of the vid- :)
    Rad!

Attached Files:

19. ^^^^^^holy shit!^^^^^^

20. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

You are a mad man!

Thanks for posting all the fun you have had so far.

21. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

thats a great shot, scary, but great.

22. fastkeen

fastkeen
    from Minnesota

That is one cool truck! You don't see many rods racing at the dragstrip.

23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Today I finally pulled the wicked heart-beat out of my Truck.........only to be replaced by a more street worthy engine....I will also swap out the 5,200 stall for a more streetable 3,000- 3,200 stall.....I had a hard time doing this today..I stopped a few times...just to stand back and try to talk myself out of doing this....The Truck was retired after the 9.57 it ran last year....It became unsafe for what it is...........I just had such a great time racing this thing..Maybe things will be better after I am able to drive it anytime I want like I used too before It was taken over by the 1320....The new engine is a destroked 400 which makes it 377, has Brodix Trach 1 heads, but really is much less than what it had.......I feel like I just hunted down Sasquach and cut his balls off....He will never be the same...........Littleman

[​IMG]

24. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

It may have been de-clawed, but it's still a bad-ass truck.

25. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

It's hard to gp backwards. I'm doing the same with my chevelle. I want to drive it more.

26. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It's too cool of a truck only to drive it 1/4 mile at a time.
    Are you working on a new drag car?

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

De-clawed.................great way to put it................Thanks, Dave

29. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Thanks for the link. I should get out more :)

30. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

:eek:
    I just read the whole thread and I can't even find the words to describe how amazing it was. You are TRULY talented! It is awesome to see a hobby level enthusiast who is so dedicated, especially in a world of mail order bolt on and go "racers". The Truck is now my favorite internal combustion powered vehicle of all time!