Register now to get rid of these ads!

what are the coolest chevy available valve covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marq, May 30, 2005.

1. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

FlyRite's on my sedan.

Attached Files:

2. sun down

sun down
    from tx

here is a pix of mine in my 52 with a 350
    [​IMG]

3. DMC

DMC
    from SC

Where can you get some of those Flyrites?:confused:

4. pdq67

pdq67

I still love my '67 Camaro's 350SS chrome no-hole OEM valve covers that I still have.

My Buddy Doc's sorry Step-Son stole my 16.25" dia. 350SS chrome air cleaner top!

pdq67

5. Hoffman

Hoffman
    from Orange, CA

Here's something a little different from what folks have posted so far; these are simple tall, steel valve covers, with Edelbrock breathers, a little bronze hammertone paint for contrast, some GMC valve cover stickers, and Voila! :D I drilled a hole in the driver's side breather for the PCV valve. I made a gasket that goes under the top to seal it off. The left side breather is open for clean air in.

Attached Files:

6. Hoffman

Hoffman
    from Orange, CA

The Edelbrock finned aluminum air cleaners are a good match for Chevrolet LT-1 valve covers.....This one is adapted to a regular GM closed air cleaner by increasing the diameter of the lid.

Attached Files:

• 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      131.3 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      146.5 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      133.4 KB
      Views:
  7. dirty4

dirty4

Here are some clear ones....

Attached Files:

8. rover

rover
    from pomona

6 FIN CAL CUSTOMS SUCK!!! when i first started going to swap meets looking for my own parts, those ugly covers were everywhere for less than thirty bucks. closer to 15 actually. i considered those a poor mans finned valve cover. like astro supreme wheels back in the day. Cheap Cragars. why are those covers so hi priced? they are as common now as they were 10 years ago. would rather have stamped chrome than those ugly things. And don't get me started on those "nostalgia" 5 finned e bay covers! 9 finned cal customs are super nice and clean. bad ass, actually. polished vette covers are the shit. especially 9 fin. i bought one about 5 months ago at Pomona swap meet for 40 bucks! GUY WANTED 60! he had no idea what those are going for. Edelbrocks are real cool too. the ones with no breather holes! stop building 50s and 60s nostalgia engines with 350 crate motors, HEI, cheap block hugger headers, and ugly 5 fin ebay covers. almost forgot the awesome old WEIAND covers. the early ones with plain block letters. weiand with the star covers give me a chubbie too! did i mention 6 fin cal customs suck?

9. RichG

RichG

Uh, thanks for sharing:confused: