Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Sure! There's a few on here!!! You'll be # 434.

2. olcarguy

olcarguy

Thought you might be interested in the dash mod I've done. Used the dash from a 51 Pontiac, cut 10" out of the center and it fit right in....not quite.....Had to postpone work for a while, other projects for "She who can not be ignored"

Attached Files:

3. geno

geno
    from milwaukee

been roding for years. did a 29 chevy, a 30 chevy, a 27 ford, a scratch built roth style thing called the beach rat among others. just picked up a 51 2 door coop that was started 35 years ago and has been in storage for almost that long. never did a merc before so I am in and could use advice.

4. You are in!!! # 435. Post up some pic's.
    If you have any questions....just ask them here or on the HAMB Merc Club Social page.

5. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

Looks like your ready to hit the heavy off road trails in it now. Never seen anyone that excited about raising there car. Hopefully you you can either paint or get a new white wall for the rear. Thats a lot of black showing ,just my opinion im very picking.

6. The side trim treatment by 51Gringo (Max) was killer, never seen that done before.

7. Anyone have an image of the wiring diagram for a 49-51 Merc column (blinker stuff)?

8. I just ordered my new tires,and plan on putting my www's on the rear too,hahaha! BTW-they ARE painted!!!

9. papo49merc

papo49merc
    from La Habra

Your car looks sweet.

10. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

PAINTED!? I've never heard of anyone painting there white walls black. Hopefully all 4 tires will match now.

11. sperryhood

sperryhood

count me in, sounds KOOL

12. The rear tires rubbed the inner fender and fucked them all up,so I sprayed them black. That was 6yrs ago! Time for mew tires,so i'm getting new wheels with more backspacing.

13. Really? With what?
    NO pic's,NO info.....i'm not a mind reader !!!!

14. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

hey i want in my merc is on the ship comming my way will send photo when here thanks

15. 60 chev
    Do you want to borrow a full stop or two?
    Help yourself mate. .................................

16. Skirv

Skirv

I put some 7.10 Firestones on the front of the Jerkury. I like them but now I need to lower the front of the car about an inch to get the stance back where it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. fms427

fms427

I built this car several years ago - sold it unfinished with most of the body and chassis work done - was grey prime with chrome wheels and whitewalls. New owner painted it, put in interior, changed wheels, and put in Caddy taillights. Not the way I would have finished it, but it was feature car of James Dean Reunion in 2004 - so it must have worked......

Attached Files:

18. ebfabman

ebfabman

Drum roll please..............

Here it is. Not much to look at right now.....

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      438.8 KB
      Views:
  19. I don't know.....I like the rake it has now. I just put new Coker Classics on the front,G78-15's with 3 1/4" WWW. Same size tire,but bigger whites.

20. That's a nice Mercury, always like seeing pics of it. How chopped is that, 4.5 or 5 or ???

21. Skirv

Skirv

BB, for some reason, the car looks lower in the front in those photos than it really is. I like it as it appears in the photos also. These 7.10's have a 3 1/4" whitewall also.

PSJ, the chop is 6" in the front and 8" in the rear according to "Glassguy" who built and owned it.

22. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

At least your mercury looks proper with those tires. The right size and style!

23. ebfabman

ebfabman

Skirv, how tall is the windshield on your Merc?

24. Skirv

Skirv

8 1/2"

25. timdhawk

timdhawk

26. Here are some pictures of my finished Mordoor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. That turned out great! I love that green (mine is a similar green so I may be biased LOL) and that nicely detailed engine compartment.

I have saved a ton of pics from this one and the 2dr you were working on for reference on how to fix stuff on my 51. I'm dying for an update on the 2dr. Any progress to share?

28. Hey Doc, I've got a ton of pics from the Mordoor build that I have to sort through and post. When I get a chance, I'll put 'em up. As for the Coupe, customer work has been chewing up most of our time. I have some pics of how the Coupe will sit when finished and the fabrication of the exhaust system, but other than that there has been no progress. The car is currently in long term storage.

29. Nice merc oldtimerodder72 looks good and I like your choice in engines.