Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHRR 2011 Cacklefest and pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Novadude55, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Great pictures. Nice job.

2. Nice pictures! I also saw the ladies in the golf cart in Post #61. Believe it or not, it's a Mother/Daughter pair, and the Mom is riding in the front seat and she was SMOKIN' hot. I saw them both in the staging lanes, and I nearly fell flat on my face.

3. kozik

kozik

The event was mind blowing. This is the frst time I have attended, since every year it has fallen on the same weekend as the Old Car Picnic which i help organize here in SF...but this year the stars aligned.

Simply unbelievable . Amazing Cars, amazing swap meet and racing.

I would really like to thank any of the organizers or participants that might read the HAMB. Thank you for a perfect, amazing experience. I felt like I was a kid again, back when my dad would take to me the races.

I hope it goes on for many many years.

I have to say that all of the car owners I interacted with where incriedibly friendly and gracious and shared a lot of information willingly. The owner of the Fuzzy Goody was particularly a super nice guy.

It was also great to see Nasty Habit in the flesh after following it on here.

One of my favorite cars was the striped roof chevy in the grove area with the big setback and swing-away steering column. Lots of interesting homebrew tech on that car.

anyone know the car? I'd be interested in more info about it.

of course I didnt get a shot of the entire car, just details, but it was this one if its recognizable.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. A picture I couldn't pass up, Isky leaning on his roadster that was on the cover of Hot Rod in 1948, talking on a cell phone.

Attached Files:

• Isky.jpg
      Isky.jpg
      File size:
      102.2 KB
      Views:
  5. This is Bruce Cox's car as well as the dark blue 55 in the back round of this photo. This car was a center steer Altered when Bruce got it, very unique quart eliptic type straight axle arrangement also. This car was originally built by the guys who started "House of Colors" automotive paint. This paint job is the original one they put on the car in 1969-70.

6. kozik

kozik

Awesome! Thanks for the information. Very interesting car.

7. roughneck424

roughneck424

Theres pictures of this car here on the HAMB. I think it was running at the last Eagle Field Run. Seem to remember a launch picture.

8. roughneck424

roughneck424

9. kozik

kozik

sweet. thanks!

10. k-member

k-member

11. i thought it was a cracklin festival . as in fried pork things . still kool

12. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

A couple things Ted. One, bear in mind that not every car that came by during Sat's Cacklefest was a fueler. For instance, the Freight Train runs gasoline. Second, yeah owners run different amounts of load. The owner of the Outcast 1 told me that most owners run 50%, he was brewing a batch aiming for 88%. I spoke with Don Ewald years ago, (part owner of the Bank Americar) and he cackled in the high 80's as well but admitted that back in the day they ran less load. Beyond that there are so many other variables such as engine size, stroke, cam, etc, etc, etc. I typically judge their load by the header flames and how much my eyes water and sinuses burn.

13. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Lucky enough to see that too Kev, thanks for the ride halfway out to the parking lot! See ya next time! :)

14. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Anyone got the dates for 2012 yet.? Nothing on the web yet.

15. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

I posted the link in another thread, but if you're interested in seeing my pics you can click on my site link below. Go to the more button once there and you'll see my photos and videos.

16. 5w32

5w32

some of my son's pics

Attached Files:

17. roughneck424

roughneck424

I heard Oct 19-21 2012 over the loud speaker there at Famoso

18. Yep saw it somewhere in the goody bag thing or maybe it was the program. Never seem to have time to meet ya Roughneck, always end up getting tied up with all the schtuff going on. Hear any rumors about Dragfest being back next year? I did. Have to ask Scott or Parker I guess.-Weeks

19. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Room rates are cheap now. I just booked for 2012.

20. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Thanks for the tutorial on nitro!

Bruce Cox is one helluva guy. Couple years back, I had a break on my altered wheelbase Dart, and he came by to offer up his assistance. Dropped everything he was doing for me, had a guy come up from his shop with the needed parts, and got me back on the track. And all he asked for was the possibility to return the favor should he ever need it in SoCal.. Now- thats racer comraderie!!!

Dale

21. Great pics you guys!

22. 5w32

5w32

Scotty was lucky enough to arrange us getting a few photos of the old stude on the track , these are mine from my cell phone, his will be awesome!

i have been to countless events in my 58yrs but this was absolutely the best ever, the cars were fantastic and the people were great. "i love the smell of nitro in the morning"

Attached Files:

23. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

Cool pics. I would love to be able to arrange some track photos like that!

24. Damn those are some great pics! God I was dying with heartache that I couldn't get the weekend off and go this year. Sometimes gainfull employment isn't so gainfull!

25. 5w32

5w32

twin town...Scotty went to shoot another car a few minutes later and was kicked off the track, i guess we were lucky Steve Gibbs let us do it

26. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

You sure did. I wanted to get some like that there in '07 with our digger. We were told there wasn't enough time.

27. moefuzz

moefuzz

Lots of great pics
    but that looks like a poc 305, not a Ford 5.0

28. AzFE427

AzFE427

I'm pretty sure that's the car I used to own back in the early 80's. Different paint and all that. The car got that paint job and the straight axle after I owned it. I Bruce thinks the paint is original, but I sold the car to the guy who painted it.

Wayyy too much more info to post in one go.