Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bristol, ct swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MARVIN CT, Nov 1, 2011.

1. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

Any info on the swap meet at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT this weekend?

2. i would like to know too

3. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Snow blowers will sell good this year...
    I got to see a sneak peek of the sweet shirts and the snow should be gone with the weather in the 50s all week.
    See you guy there

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

a lot of the state is out of power right now and blacked out. most of the snow should melt by this weekend. I'd try contacting the park and ask them what their power situation is

5. F&J

F&J

I'll be looking for a 40 Ford hood if anyone has one to bring, and is not going to have a vendor space :)

and a grille, left inner fender, etc..let me know

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we're looking for 36 ford coupe parts if anyone is bringing anything. could really use them!

7. can i get an address for the gps .

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

We don't us any power from the park
    So that would have no difference to any one selling or buying
    Sunday is a long way from now all power should be back and most if not all the snow should all be a thing of the past

9. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

Looking for a 2-2 manifold for my 60hp, using the original generator mounting setup. Marvin

10. demonspeed

demonspeed

Is there a website for this swap meet? I'm heading to westchester county, NY this weekend to work on my '54. Might swing by there and see if there are any good parts deals.

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

After this past weekend I think that whole area got a lot of snow.

The temperatures won't help either this time of year.

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i just read about the swap that things could be kept in a lighted lot so i figured electricity would be a must. our town isnt even on the projected list for power recovery that is up (and that runs through sunday). We aren't expecting power until next week. the good news is the weather is supposed to be int he 50's and sunny through the weekend. the snow will be gone.

13. George/Maine

George/Maine

I just looked a web cam down there you still have snow on ground.I'm looking to come down keep us posted on condition of field.I doubt if the field will be plowed.

14. slick a&t

slick a&t

I looked on the CSRA web page to see if they posted any new info.As of this afternoon no new updates.

15. F&J

F&J

My son is on a tree removal crew, and he heard that area of CT was hit hard. Where are the local hambers for an update ?

Many other areas still have roads blocked by trees and wires, many areas are hard to find gas.

16. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

the last swap meet for the year in my area was canceled last sunday..i was looking forward to it for a month...i think i will make a trip down for this one....would also like to know if it is still on

17. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Sae on the news that CL&P is using the parking lot there as a staging area for the
    contracted crews they are bringing in, I live in the next town over- got about 8 inches but would guess that it is 60% melted already. There is still a lot of power outages
    around here- many gas stations closed due to no power and others running out so
    plan ahead for gas. The southern and eastern parts of the state were not hit as bad
    so you can find gas there and there are open stations along the parts of 84 I have traveled. I plan to go Sunday Jim

18. 454ragtop

454ragtop
    from Carver, MA

Planning to make a weekend of it, Thompson Speedway swap on Sat. and Lake Compounce on Sun. Hope the weather and other factors cooperate.
    Jim

19. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Same here...come on sun, do your thing!!

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Just talked to one of the members and every thing is a go

They just have a little more work this year

21. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Its sure is a swap meet weekend! You have Thompson on Saturday, Lake Compounce and Lebanon Valley on Sunday. Myself, I am heading to Thompson and Lebanon Valley.

22. csimonds

csimonds

Can't wait for the swap meet! Hoping to bring a 48-50 Chevy AD pickup on a flatbed to sell. Best swap meet of the year IMO
    Chuck

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we should bring our car to sell on a flatbed with a "home wanted" sign on it hahaha.

24. csimonds

csimonds

You should do it! If you have never been to this swap meet you will be pleasently surprised!
    Chuck

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we have never been but we've heard good things. The only thing that sucks is it's kind of a haul hahaha

26. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

could someone post the addresses of the swap meets, i haven't heard of them before and I will make a weekend of it like others

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

thompson swap s at thompson speedway (google it). The lake compounce one is at...lake compounce in bristol, ct. just google them and an address will come up

28. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Found a flyer for the Lake Compounce swap...6 am to 3 pm...rt. 84 to exit 31 north on rt. 229...follow the signs. As for Thomson take rt 290 thru Worcester and onto 395 till you see the sign for Thomson Speedway...follow the signs till there

29. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

thanks...we should have user name tags, if I go I will be the younger guy with the pretty asian girl

30. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

which one out of the two is bigger and better?