Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your home 2-car garage shop/build area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldtele, Oct 31, 2011.

1. goldtele

goldtele

Hello,

We just bought a new house and I lost my 3 car garage + shop addition. Way bigger house but now I just have a standard 2-car garage and cant justify an additional shop payment.

Show me your average 2-car garage shops to give me some ideas. I'm half way through a 57 Ranch Wagon and have a 56 Ford as well so need to accommodate 2 cars as well....

Thanks

2. It appears as a 2 car garage from the front but I doubled the depth and raised the side walls to accomodate a vaulted ceiling using big trusses. That's to enable the use of an extended height lift.
    It's 50' deep, plenty of room for my junk now.

Cheaper than moving.

Attached Files:

3. aero3113

aero3113

4. grabrr

grabrr

A little bigger than a 2 car, and not really HAMB material...But I'm looking to add something soon.
    [​IMG]

5. cakes

cakes

Ill snap a picture in the morning. I have a 16x28 with a 10ft car port on one side. It works in my small lot and its behind the house. I'm 5and it was a budget build so its about as good as I can do right now but its plenty for one car and all my tools

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My workshop is 20 x 22. It's great for one car at a time. I also have a 12 x 20 that I use for storage and yard stuff.

7. bryan6902

bryan6902

I squatted in my folks 2 car for the majority of my build... 57 Pontiac, frame off, lots of welding, metal work, grinding, priming etc.... And it took up the whole space when it was all apart. Saving grace was keeping my roller at my house in the one car garage. Also stored some non-essentials at my place and brought them over as I needed them. Organization is key... cut the clutter and clean up everything after all work sessions. Get the stuff you don't need out of the way so you can focus on what you're doing rather than tripping over it all the time. Rafters, sheds, basements, friends homes, under tarps behind the garage are all great hiding spots for stuff.

Having a small garage actually helped me focus and finish my project. Having extra space makes you want to fill it with things whether you really need them or not.

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

garagejournal.com

9. skyrodder

skyrodder

mine

Attached Files:

10. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

You're gonna miss the extra space. :(
    [​IMG]

11. lawman

lawman

I have a horse barn also for storing "Horse Power" not horses !!!! LOL

Attached Files:

12. 1/2 done you give me hope. I thought mine was crowded wow how do you work.

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

If its atleast 23 by 20 Heres my set up in writing ,All cabinets and work benches across back wall,Compressor to the right by front door,Have one wall cabinet in left rear corner,In right rear corner another cabinet ,Wall hung ,Basically keep everything packed to the rear,If you have a rear door block it off,

14. ilinrods41

ilinrods41

18x22 Keeps me somewhat organized. Whether I like it or not

Attached Files:

15. 5wcoupehunter

5wcoupehunter
    from FLORIDA

I work out of a two car , when me & my brother build.

Attached Files:

16. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Mines is bare. Just a tool box and some random stuff.

Attached Files:

17. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

my space, the f100 is hiding the hand toys

Attached Files:

18. ehdave

ehdave

Not really a 2 car garage anymore but there's a bunch of car parts, tools, paint and a motorbike hiding in there. Really need a workbench in there.

[​IMG]

19. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Two car, spent most of my time working in the driveway

Attached Files:

20. Deuces

Deuces

Nope!... Sorry...:)

21. What the hell were you thinking? LOL!! I hope you got a big lot so you can build another shop, you will need it.

22. falcon and the jetski have to have a beer fridge
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

23. not as cool as a lot but its got what we need

cheers dylan

24. gsport

gsport

how do ya do it????

25. The more space you have , you just fill it with projects and still work in the driveway!!! I have a 2 car on the house, a 3 car beside the house and a 1680 sf barn/ doghouse/ man cave and I still end up working outside?

26. yup, same as mine. I'm looking to upgrade either a shop (if the city allows it or a new place, small house BIG shop). I have a hard time passing up cheap, good equipment... so my room for cars suffers. I'm working in the driveway now and it attracts WAY too much attention.

27. speedyg948

speedyg948

heres mine 16x25..have my benches and toolbox against the side wall..got an 80 gallon upright compressor in a small storage building right next to it

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      342.3 KB
      Views:
  28. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yes Sir, I keep it simple:)

29. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

I built my gasser in the driveway. Any car that rolls gets pushed in and out to work on. [​IMG]
    Building weather is pretty much over for the year.:(

30. n847

n847

I've been working on organizing my work space all summer and every time it gets close something new gets tossed in there...now with winter around the corner I'm gonna have to give up enough space to fit the wifes Trailblazer EXT in there???

Attached Files: