Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Mine at Eagle Field 2011

Attached Files:

2. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

nailhead29a, very nice work!!
    love the yellow fordor wagon!

3. Yip shes a pretty sweet little car,getting that going gave me a much needed boot in the arse to get mine done.
    The XP is pretty much an aussie body with 63 comet front sheet metal etc, came out in 4 door sedan, 4 door wagon, pickup, 2 door hardtop and 2 door panel van. We missed out on the convertable and 2 door wagon.
    Im a huge early falcon fan and rekon the XP has to be one of the best looking cars to come outa ozzie, I also own another wagon and sedan (both projects) and a 64 americian convertable which is the next to go under the knife. Just restoring with dad, my moms little '63 S22 comet convertable, it a little 260 4spd manual job and a very sweet little car.

4. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

How was the show? I think this event will grow with each passing year, especially since Dragfest got cancelled...

5. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Great car, Brian!! Hope it makes the shows with you guys! Very inspirational side shot!!! I do have a 'potent' little SBC sitting, waiting for a car to go into......

6. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Eagle Field was great. We had a very fun time and everyone working there was super helpful. I'll go again.

7. Dad also races a 65 XP in the pre 65 circuit racing, has a very potent little 289 producing 480HP, extensivly ported and flowed early heads with huge valves, dry sumped, forged crank, carrillos, msd and all the other usual go fast stuff, super T10 box and a little 8" running 3.7 gears. He got rear ended last season by another car doing in excess of 100mph, the car was a bit of a mess, the rear end was shunted over about 2 feet, so as you can see its recently had a new rear grafted on. The little comet belongs to mum, which we are just giving a make over for her, its an S22 with a little 260 and 4 speed, cool little car, just done the motor up which is in the pic.

Attached Files:

8. Silva

Silva

Has anyone run 14x6 Truspokes on a round body Falcon/Ranchero?
    They will go on my 1963 260 v8 4speed ranchero.

I'm considering 14x6 truspokes, they have 2inch backspacing.

Any info on clearance issues and recommended tire sizes would be appreciated.

9. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

love the road racer!! actually, they're all sweet. even caught the wagon in the garage.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hi Kevin,
    I have to admit that I haven't run them yet, butI do have 14 x 6 tru spokes on my girls wagon. We have 185/75X14 cornell narrow whites from Pep Boys on them at this time. Mine have a backspace more like 3" or so (been awhile since I measured), so yours must be the more deeply reversed "low rider" version of the wheel. Any way you look at it, clearence is tight with stock but lowered suspension. Right now at ride height I have just a finger full of space at the front wheel arch, So I'm thinking rubbing will happen at full turning lock like parking and things. On our wagon, the rear fit is really close as well. We are going for a mid sixties L.A. mild custom vibe with this car, so I will do what I need to make them fit. I do have a narrowed Maverick V8 rear under my other Falcon and I think it might end up under this one before all is said and done. I will have to plug and redrill the bolt pattern to get back to a four lug pattern though. On the front I believe that I will probably narrow the lower control arms just a touch To bring them in just a bit with less shims needed for the upper arms. We'll see. Oh, just to add some info for those that might need it in the future - I have ours on the front with a set of Scarebird disc brake for a four lug Falcon. I had to do just tiny bit of grinding on the out side face of the calipers to make this deal work. Super easy conversion all the way around. Just have to finish up the plumbing and bleed them and we're ready to test.

Attached Files:

11. springer99

springer99

Hope this might help with your choice of back space

Sedan was way ahead of its time , built as my daily driver back in 1986
    Both cars ran 185/60 tyres on the front & 205/60 on the rear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sedan ran 13x6" with 3.5" back space on the front / 13x7" with 4.5" back space on the rear

[​IMG]

Wagon ran 14x6 front / 14x7" rear with the same back space as the sedan

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  12. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

How much is that falcon lowered in the back? That looks too nice

13. springer99

springer99

Sedan had 2" blocks in the back , wagon was stock but was going to reset the springs in it 2" .
    The sedan did plenty of miles when I had it at that height , no probs doing 1200 mile round trips .

14. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

(way back on Page 20.....:))

Hey, Russco....what brand are those slicks?

Rob

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

16. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Damn those are cool....thanks, bro! :D
    Rob

17. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

im looking into a new steering wheel and was wondering if anybody else has switched out theirs? im thinking of doing a 3 spoke wheel since im going with a 60s custom look, anybody got any pics?

18. Silva

Silva

Ok fella's thought I'd put this out there... if any of you can use this info, I hope
    you find it helpful. I used 185/70r14 Bridgestone insignias on 14x6 Wheel vintiques chrome OE style wheels with a 4in backspace front and rear. No problems with clearance. I cut 1 coil up front removed a leaf and drove it for a while. After some mock-up I've decided to drop the rear 1 inch further.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

My projects move glacially slow until I’m actually ready to start spinning wrenches - then I usually forget to take pictures.

The other night I was “putzing” as my dad used to say, and took the 223 bellhousing off my T86/R10 and fitted the ‘63 Econoline bell. I’m still working out details of clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and clutch fork, but at least that basic fitment question is answered.

It’s no five speed, but it will let me run an overdrive and keep my column shifter:

[​IMG]

-Dave

20. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Doing it "right" Bakersfield 8/11

Attached Files:

21. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

great launch pics!! What did she run?

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bump... Doesn't seem to be as much garage action lately!

23. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I know.
    I am still trying to figure out how to move some things around so that I have a place to work on it. I may be knocking a hole in the back of my garage so I could drive through and work under the patio... Not quite the same as wrenching, is it?

24. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

25. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

It launches nicely!

26. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

I got caught up on my body work and haven't done anything mechanical lately...Although I should have started my brakes by now...:(

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The girlfriend had me "house rodding" this summer while it was too hot to be doing anything beyond customer work out side... Getting back on her car as we speak.

28. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

What shock do you have on the front?

29. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

90/10 adjustable.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  30. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Here’s one local to me that I always thought was done right. It’s a ‘62 Futura set up like a phantom A/FX car (302 is dressed up like a 260). It’s for sale right now.

-Dave

Attached Files: