Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Found this in an old moving trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Oct 31, 2011.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Well...we didnt exactly find it...we knew it was buried in there but here it is. We bought a big old moving trailer for scrap and this has been sitting in there for a good long while. It's a '47 Caddy Series 61 fastback. Its a big boat at about 18 feet long but what a neat car. I'm in love with it just because its something that you don't ever see and how eye catching would this be out on the road???!! On top of that; it's quite rare. Its still got the Caddy v8 Flathead in it. The right rear fender was raked but if someone knows what theyre doing it can be fixed or replaced. the rest of the car is in pretty decent shape with no major dents or damage. minor rust on the bottom and the car will likely need floors/rocker replacements. The trunk looked pretty solid at quick glance. The bumpers are in pretty nice shape although all the chrome would need to be re-done on the car. All the interior is there although it'll need to be re-upholstered. We will have to be looking for a new home for this old gal since we already have a project in the works and this car will no longer have a place to live in a few weeks. Thought i would drop in and share this really neat old Caddy how neat!

393402_10100331424699131_9033825_51124656_1363947420_n.jpg

298690_10100331427513491_9033825_51124700_63259202_n.jpg

302180_10100331417633291_9033825_51124575_684284482_n.jpg

Big mike 1968 likes this.
  2. Nice old boat. I'm sure that someone will want it.

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

^^^^^NO DOUBT!damn that would make one hell of a cruiser,

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

yes it sure would. its just really neat to look at with it being a fastback. You just don't see these and its just has an awsome profile. It took up the entire flatbed towtruck and it was quite eventful getting it out of the trailer.

5. I wish you weren't on the other side of the country I would have liked to have been there to see it comming out of that trailer. ;)

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

:) I have pictures of it coming out of the trailer. i will get them from my phone and post them. As you can imagine its quite the heavy beast and the flatbed didnt love having to pull it out but taking it slow paid off. Now its just trying to find it a home before winter really hits....

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

only 5,160 of them were made i found online

8. farmer12

farmer12

Nice boat! Awesome.

9. furythree

furythree

Had a '47 Cad 60 Special once. Keep that flattie V8, it's one of the best flatties ever made, they used them along with Hydromatics in Stuart tanks in WWII, one for each side!! Really a smooth torquey engine - keep it in there!

10. Jeees, that thing is huge.

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Man, talk about a "Land Yacht" !!
    Way cool find..
    Good for you...
    Keep us posted on this neat old Caddy..
    Cheers........

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

we won't be keeping it :( . Sady...it needs to move on to a new owner. If you know anyone who might be interested in it; please send them our way. Winter just hit us and the car cannot stay outside. We were going to use the scrap money from the trailer to fund the purchase of a car trailer for our '50 plym to live in for the winter. We already have a '36 ford in the garage as a project and this has no where to go.

We agree; the caddy flathead is awsome and the car is a great find. It all needs to stay together and we're hoping to find that "right person" for it. We're willing to work with someone on it. I had to post it in the classifieds this morning in hopes that itll have a new home soon.

Thanks for all the comments !!!

13. oj

oj

Wow! It would be tough to cut that one loose, when i first glanced at it i thought it was a buick, but a caddy? mmm, that would hard to let go. Somebody with a lot of skill and determination can turn that one into something very special.
    At least you can pick out teh right person, i am sure you are getting offers on it already.
    Now, about that 50 plymouth? Not that i am questioning your proclivities or anything, let me get this straight - you are keeping a 50 Plymouth and cutting the caddy loose to get a trailer for the Plymouth? Did i get taht part right? Was this Elvis' Plymouth that i have yet to read about? LOL, i'd better quit or i'll have the Proud & Responsible Plymouth Owners' Association burning white crosses in front of my shop!
    Don't take me too serious, i just have a lot of fun - oj

14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

hahahaha I hear ya. Our '50 plym is the first antique car we ever re-did....just the two of us and we love it. That car is in-fact a survivor.

Sadly, The caddy is out of our realm of being able to afford to fix it. On top of that we live in a 1950's ranch with a one car garage. This Caddy will not fit in our tinsley little garage. The '50 was a tight fit with all the tools in the garage :) In the garage is a basketcase '36 5w coupe and the '50 is living in the breezeway with it's ass and hose hanging out into the weather.

If we had money and another garage spot; the caddy would be waiting its turn for some TLC. Unfortunately; our funds are always stretched tight with projects and we already have one in the works. Help us find it a home!

15. oj

oj

I was just having some fun, no need to explain anything and it is obvious that the Plymouth is special to you. I just see oddities and have some fun.

16. Great cars! I had a 47 series 62 bustle-back 4 door about 35 years ago...ran like a watch and drove wonderfully...but the previous owner had painted it pink with a brush. Even the radio worked after having the vibrator tube's points cleaned.

17. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

Is this a 1942 Model 6109 sedan?

18. onedge

onedge

dont think I've ever seen one of those thanks...good luck for a new home.

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

no its not a 1942. they look exactly the same though! the 42's have the round lights in the upper corners of the grill. Everything else is virtually the same.

20. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Friend did a quick photo-chop of it this morning: looks pretty cool

308420_303954742948147_100000008707008_1516219_1264157647_n.jpg

21. Neat old Caddy, that really is a big boat. It would make a neat cruiser and certainly be a unique car when finished.

22. kinda looks like a late 40s chevy fleeetline...very cool!

23. BrokeBastards

BrokeBastards

cool ride, keep the pics comin.

24. sololobo

sololobo

Damn, get that dandy on the classifieds and best luck. These are so beautiful and the most enjoyable cruzer with more thumbs up than a hitch hikers convention. ~sololobo~

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

^^^^^ :) :). She's on the classifieds but no interest yet. Put several craigslist adds out too. Someone from in-state is coming tonight. Not sure its a HAMBer or not but i do know they build street rods. I just want to see this one back on the road again for all to enjoy. I just want to see it finished!

26. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

There is one just like it in Springfield Ma., in a trailer... the only thing wrong with it is that the trailer went up in flames with the car still in it!

There was (or is) one at Freeman scrap on Albany street in Springfield Ma. for sale.

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

this car has the factory option hydro-matic in it too.

28. silent rick

silent rick

i'm wondering what the grill would look like in my 46 ford

29. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Wow looks COOL!

30. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

yea so the dude that was interested was a no-show. dont you love people that waste your valuable time while you stand around and wait for them for an hour? Its still in need of a home...