Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turkey Run who going ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Aug 19, 2011.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

When are you guys leaving? I've got Thanksgiving week off and have been thinking about going down. I would leave the Friday before afterwork and perhaps stop for the night at BlackTopBandits then head out again in the morning to maybe Atlanta, GA.

What about heading for home? I would probably start heading north mid afternoon on Saturday as I would need to be back to work on Monday @ 8am. You guys??

1,200 miles each way.

2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Denise thats a good plan. Sunday traffic comes to a standstill,on I-95,and I-75.I live in mid ga,and out of Jacksonville travel the back roads, to Perry Ga. I think its Hwy 341. 4 lane.Good luck. If you have not been its a must do.

3. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Funny you should mention that Don. This year I have 5 1/2 spots reserved for HAMB parking.Anyone interested just PM me and let me know. Same deal as last year 10.00$ a car and we will be in the same spot So can I go ahead and put you down for 3 spot's Don? One more thing doe's Dan have the roadster back together? I'm sure he is in a mad thrash. I'm in the same boat trying to have my sedan finished or at least drivable in time . Gregg

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The last time I attended the TRR was in 2001. A couple of years ago I was on my way down in Big Olds and my rear exploded. Gonna try this again I believe.

Can you put Big Olds down for a spot? I can send you the money now if I can get an addy from you. Will be good to see you again.

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have changed the days I am heading down and back,I will be heading down on wendsday and heading back on monday due to the heavy traffic on sunday.

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

man id love to go.the last time i was in daytona was 2005 bike week 2months later a old woman turned me into a cripple.thats along way for me to go in the pain im in but damn it would be fun. id love to meet some of you guys.oh well someone will post pics for us and that will have to do for this year.

7. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

Gonna go on Friday and Saturday. It's a 45 minute drive for me. Will be the 1st year taking the '27 to TTR, went to the Daytona Spring show last year.

8. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

Gregg put me down for one spot

9. FEBCO

FEBCO

Where exactly are the HAMB spaces??? I have had car corral spaces #S2 E 304-306 for years and will be there with my Hemi Nomad and ??? Would like to come by, meet you, say hi.....Fred Bear

10. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Fred the HAMB parking is at the east end of the lake. Gregg

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It looks like I might not be able to come down this year,my girlfriend might be getting a good job and wont be able to take off so I might have to sit this year out. I will know something in a couple weeks and going to get the car ready in case she does not get the job but with the job situation is around here I dont want her to miss the chance in getting a good job.

12. tj

tj

Yellow field row 52 - 14th year. See ya there, TJ

13. KIRK

KIRK

I'll be there working gate 50 Friday morning and back on Saturday to spend the day looking around.

14. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Looks like we will be going. Map quest has us leaving I 75 in Tenn. and going over to South Carolina and down the coast to Florida. 972 miles. Wouldn't it be easier to go straight down I 75 to Florida and cutting over to Daytona?

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am still going to get the 55 ready for the trip in case she does not get the job,its getting a fresh trans and different gears and I will be going straight down I75 if I go.

16. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

I 75 seems like the best route. I don't understand Map Quest sometimes. I have room reservations Thurs thru monday. So no hurry to get there. Never been there before.

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I 75 and east on 10 and south on 95 is the easiest way.

18. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Is there a map somewhere showing the whole layout so I could locate the Yellow field.

B:)B

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

When you enter a car there is a map in the goody bag,I think the one from last year is still in the trunk of my 55.

20. Loppy

Loppy

If you make it, I want to see some of those pics from the Round-up!

21. I'll be there, it's a long drive from edgewater, fl a whole 30 mins. Hope my ride makes it!

22. Loppy

Loppy

Church of Chop is back with the Miss Renegade Pin-up Contest!

Put this on your list to attend! Great addition to the Turkey Rod weekend!

Attached Files:

23. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

Los bastardos magnificos !!!!

24. oldsman41

oldsman41

dadstoy 2 i live near toledo oh when i go to my sons place in miami i go 75 to 95 nice ride but last year we bought a place in port charlotte which is gulf coast so i guess i will have to ride 75 all the way now.

25. Loppy

Loppy

hell ya!!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  26. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Yea.... Me & the Ole' Lady will be there (Again).
    Now it's only a 150 mile ride, instead of 1250 miles!
    My car's in Primer...look for us!:cool::rolleyes:

27. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

I'll be there with my hemi Coronet. Again, it's just down the highway from me. Haven't missed one since they used to have it at park across from the Daytona airport years ago.

28. Jeff J

Jeff J

Guess I'm going with the wifee and I'm driving down the 34 roadster . I believe Bob K. and his better half are stopping in on the way and going down with us ! That's if he still wants his clock !!!! LOL Holding it ransom! Or if he gets snowed in !!!

29. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Leaving racetrack, turn right, go to US1 (NOT A1A!!!) (north) possibly the best way to head out and catch I-95 (north) south of Jax, I-26 (SC) to I-40 (NC) and I-40 to I-75 north. I worked for TRW and we had test track in Green Cove Springs, Fl and traveling from Fl. to Livonia was a regular ride.

30. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

extra miles and you do not want to volentarily go thru Orlando