Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

All right will do thanks for the info...:cool:

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Love the falcons, anyone in the NW need a 5 lug set up for a 60-63.. I bought it for my 62 wagon but the new owner did not want it. I have one..complete hub to hub with steering box.. $125 obo.. send me a pm..

3. NHRANUT

NHRANUT
    from Western PA

Here's a good looking Falcon spotted at Thompson last weekend.
    [​IMG]

4. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

Hey Danny... They look like a cute couple!!!

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I seem to be able to find plenty of pictures of '62 Futuras, Standard Tudors, Deluxe Fordors, and all kinds of wagons. Does anybody have a good picture of a Deluxe Tudor Sedan they'd be willing to share with me? I’d prefer a front 3/4 shot.

Here's a Fordor Deluxe Wagon for reference:

[​IMG]

Note the trim along the bottom of the insert, the "gunsights" atop the front fenders, and the lower-quarter "washboard" trim. I'm not sure all Deluxes had the washboards.

Thanks,

Dave

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  6. Any of the tudor post cars from the 50's and 60's are cool.....and the Falcon tudors are right there at the top of the list.

7. 62rebel

62rebel

i've got a set of those washboards off my '62 that i might not use. i have the stainless trim that goes around the rear of the wheelwell but not the full set of long lower trim that goes from the rear bumper to the front wheelwell. the car in my avatar is my '62 deluxe; it doesn't have the correct front fenders with the gunsights, but it does have the stainless trim on the door window frames and quarter windows. it was so far gone when i got it that i've been piecing it together like a Frankenstein monster for ten years now! it's got a little bit of mustang here, some torino there...

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have a pair of coupe/sedan washboards too that I have been thinking of selling.

9. 62rebel

62rebel

i'm buying a '61 tudor sedan with automatic to double my fleet....

can't wait to complete the deal and get it home and dig in. and, sorry...

no plans to alter it past dual reservoir master cylinder and 14" wheels. this one stays more-or-less as McNamara envisioned it.

10. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

This one had 7K original miles on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-KK

11. 62rebel

62rebel

that is sweet. toothache sweet.

12. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

just put this one together for my wife
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Agreed, that '62 KK posted must be one of the nicest stock, 6-cyl Falcons in existence. Coincidentally, Terry Rahn posted (different) pics of what I'm pretty sure is the same car in response to my request over on TFFN.

-Dave

14. Well, it's a good picture of a 62 Tudor Deluxe, but....................it's not a picture of a restored Falcon. This is a pic of what my little "raptor" looked like when I brought it home. Unfortunately, nothing on the outside has changed, working on it's drivetrain and suspension so far.

[​IMG]

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang! I have a somewhat O/T request... Anybody have a picture of their '60 - '63 Falcon lowered a bit with 185/60-14" or/and 195/60-14" tires? I just picked up some US Indy four lug slot mags for my '62 Ranchero (courtesy of fellow H.A.M.B.er Miles M) and I'm trying to decide between 60s or 70s. I just realized they still make a 65 series 14". How about a picture on those?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  16. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Thats a nice looking ride you got there!!

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Cool. What's the plan? I saw something about Granada brakes and a '57 9-inch?

-Dave

18. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Here is a really nice one with all the DLX trim, but the washboards left out of the look.

I even used these pictures for my "wanted" ad for ventshades here.

Sits nicely - even with what must be the 13" wheels still, 'cause it hasd the 13" full wheelcovers.

I think you actually were the one who posted these pictures
    (from somewhere on the internet) on this thread way back, bigcheese (?).
    ===================
    Picture #3 is an unrestored one that's pretty solid but covered in pollution dust from a factory!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  19. BCR

BCR

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nice looking car.

Side note...I need some trim for a 61 deluxe. Just the doors and qt for a two door sedan.

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

stationWAGONS, I re-discovered that one after posting. It really is a handsome bugger. I don't really miss the washboards on a light-colored car, but I prefer them left on dark-colored cars.

-Dave

21. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

I found this @ a swap meet 5 yrs ago.

Attached Files:

22. 60 ford

60 ford

Could anyone tell me how much longer a ranchero or wagon lower qtr panel is than a sedan lower qtr. I've been checking vendor sites and really can't find any usable dimensions. So I thought I'd just ask the pros. Thanks

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's about 5" or so. I just held my coupe sedan wash boards against my wagon a bit ago and found out.

24. 60 ford

60 ford

Thanks need louvers that wouldn't be long enough I'll have to make a pair of lower quarters.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Kinda the same conclusion I came to as well. There is a yard up the way from here that has a couple of Falcon wagons in it with clean quarters, but i think they will be pretty easy to fab.

26. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

[​IMG]

I like it John, much eaiser to drive than the Chevy II.

Jon

27. [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

old mans gasser 64 falcon sprint

28. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

here is one that my buddy is finishing for a customer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the car was built for a customer to replicate a car he had 38yrs earlier down to the nuts and bolts. The car is still being finished. New rims, new vinyl top and a car wash scheduled to be next.

Maverick Daddy likes this.

29. I installed a 9" out of a 59 Fairlane. I rebuilt it with a Trac-loc centerchunk. I still need to change out the gears, it has a 2.79 ratio right now. I'm considering a 3.70 gear for it. New rear leafs, bushings and new brakes, but I have to figure out a new way to mount the shocks as I had to use an after market bracket to mount the springs to the bigger rearend. The front suspension is a combo of early Mustang control arms, 65 Falcon inner tie rods, centerlink and pitman arm. The rest is Granada disc brakes, including the master cylinder. Engine will be a slightly warmed over 302/5.0 . Swapped out all of the EFI crap that was on it for more traditional intake and carb. It will be backed up by a built C-4 with a shift kit. I'm still trying to decide what size of torque convertor I will need for it though. This car is going to be slightly customized, to suit me. I'm using 63 Ford fullsize station wagon tail lights and a 61 Falcon front bumper. I'm still trying to get my hands on a 67 Argentinian Falcon grille for it. I think I should be able to make it fit and they look pretty cool. Also, nobody else around my area will have one. The interior will have 64/65 Mustang buckets, a custom made gauge cluster and a console that I am retro-fitting out of a 66 T-bird. Haven't decided on rims yet, maybe a set of Radirs?? I do have a color choice in mind. I'm thinking about a honey colored candy over a silver metallic base. Seats will be 2 tone, buckskin centers with bomber jacket brown outers. My inspiration is a guy who did his interior similiar over on TFFN named Mexicruiser.

30. Silverado85

Silverado85

Hear are a couple of Falcons.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]