Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need QUALITY lug nuts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bonez, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

For cragar s/s mags. like those in the pic, i seem to remember 13/16"? or 13/17"?
    Last set i bought from ebay lost their thread while thightening them and the best ones the 1st time i loosened them. and its not like im super strong and overthightened them.

Attached Files:

2. dugbred

dugbred

I made my own from scratch. I got tired of buying crap. My wife made her own also. I have no good ideas on where to go, as I never found any. The last set we bought, the threads were on such an angle from the outside diameter, they wouldn't fit in the wheel. :eek:

Attached Files:

3. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

These guys make some very nice, American made ones. I've used a few sets from them, always good stuff.

http://www.mcgard.com/

4. pastlane

pastlane

TDW beat me to it, McGard makes nice stuff and right here in the USA.

5. I agree.....Mcgards are probably the best out there...

Murph

6. Call 1 800 230 3030 tell the sales dude what ya got. Have your credit card ready. I normally get my stuff in about 3 days here in the mid west.

You're in Venice like in Italy? I thought they used boats there.

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dugbred: Man those look pretty damn good! would you consider making me a set? if so, how much?

TDW and the rest: great thanx, i'll go check it now.

Porknbeaner: yeah Venice italy, and yeah they only have boats over there, infact i live in Mestre, the 1st town after the bridge. But Venice sounds, and reads, better than mestre so i always write VE.

8. ryno

ryno

lugnut king
    http://lugnutking.com/
    I've gotten stuff from him before, never any issues.they different size,length shanks, so be sure to measure what you need. i have a local guy that keep these in stock also if you cant find someone to get them to ya, pm me and can help with shipping.

9. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

X2!!! They make such nice lugnuts, that the crappy general auto parts stores don't carry them anymore. I can't find them anywhere unless I order them through the net.

10. OK major pain I don't know that they ship over seas but you can have them shipped to me and I'll ship them to you. The number I gave you has good prices. Can you call an 800 number from there? Do you need me to call for you? they also have a web site of that is easier. I'll PM you the link.

Oh we have several Venices here that's why I asked.

11. They're called McGard Tough Nuts and yes they are made near me, right here in the good 'ol US of A. These are the only ones I use and not because they are made near me but because they are the best and have a lifetime warranty.

You can buy them from Summit Racing Equipment.

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

McGard turned me to their german shop which was pretty fast in communication but ironically it would have costed me more to get 4 packs of 4 from them that buying 5 packs of 4 (same exact mcgard ones) plus a 12$ item/shipping/taxes from Summit in the States. prety weird i say.

13. budd

budd

i have tried to find a cone seat acorn nuts that were 2" long, longer would be better, McGard doesn't have them.

14. Budd, Try any of the aftermarket wheel shops in your area that use American Tire Distributors as a wholesaler. They should be able to get what you need, The brand that American Tire Dist. sells is Excaliber, Thats what we used at the shop where I used to work. ATD offers the acorn nuts in short and long versions. They should be pretty close to the 2" length that your looking for if you get the long ones. The Excaliber nuts seemed to be pretty decent quality, Deffinetly better than the ones the Auto parts stores around here sell by far.

15. oj

oj

McGard - high quality, tough and durable. I used a cheap set once and the chrome was flaking, i loosened one by wrench and when i used my fingers to finish taking it off the chrome sliced thru my thumb like a razor blade. I switched to McGard 20-30 years ago and i bet i still have some of the original nuts.