Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for a 57 Packard clipper windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fivefochevy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. A friend of mine has a 57 packard clipper 4door and needs a windshield. Will a 2 door work? what other years/models interchange? He lives in the Southern Indiana area. Any help locating one will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kenny

2. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

The '57 Packard is based on the Studebaker bodies. I imagine some of the the 4 door Studes of that year will interchange.

3. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I have a 55 packard patrician I am parting out, not sure if is the same or not but I have a lot of parts available. I have a windsheld but I would not trust shipping it.

[​IMG]

4. 55 Packard shares nothing with '57. The interchange should be all sedan and wagon Studebaker '53-'62 as well as 57-58 Packard - not the Hawk, but the Lark and the other Stude models (Champion, President) that shared that body shell. Should be easy to find. Hardtop will not work.

Unless the frame is shot on that Patrician, I've seen them not much better being shown at a car show.

5. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------
    Nope, it won't fit his '57. The '55 (like yours)
    and '56 Packards were the last real Packards
    using actual Packard designed bodies. For '57
    and '58, Packards used re-trimmed and
    re-badged Studebaker bodies.

Mart3406
    ===================

6. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------------
    Ditto on that. Are you sure that's really
    only a parts car??

Mart3406
    =================

7. stude54

stude54
    from michigan

New ones are available from various Studebaker Vendors, i.e. Studebaker International in South Bend, In. Or a second option, check on the Studebaker Drivers Club forum for used ones.

8. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Well, car sat on flat tires in the dirt for 25 years or more, had transmission issues and the car was parked. Engine is now stuck, trans is apart, floors and lower sheet metal is pretty badly rusted. Interior is trashed from mice and moisture..yes it could be saved but I have way too many projects already.
    Anyone need a pair of tail lights for their custom? I just put a post in the classifieds if anyone wants anything.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011