Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got scamed for a $1000

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gomes, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Tony, I did a little more snooping and this gets really weird. There is a Leonard Q. Arrington listed at that address and phone number, but he is an Attorney there in Montgomery. I am not sure this is the same guy, because I can't see an Attorney messing around in a scam like this (I know......they don't have the best reps, but they usually don't scam over car sales)

If this IS the same guy, the Alabama Bar Association would be very interested. Their number is 334-269-1515 and the lady there is Kim Ellis. BUT, make real sure this is the same guy and that some lowlife didn't use his name. The bank should be able to tell you if the $ went into the Attorneys account or not.

There is such a thing as unethical behavior by Lawyers so he really would not want the Bar Assoc. to get involved, he could lose his license.

Don

2. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

-If it's a lowlife thief; then yes.

3. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Wow i cant believe people really still send 1000 dollars as a deposit on a car sight unseen.

4. Gomes

Gomes

Thanks Don..... This is the only name I have and it was givin to me by the bank Im not sure what it takes too open a savings account at wells fargo but maybe all you need is a fake id so taht might not even really be his name at all? But I am following it up with the police at both ends then the district attorneys office there. Now its about teaching someone a lesson

5. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Awesome!

7. 6inarow

6inarow

I would call the bar association regardless. If it is an attorney behind it, they should know about it and he should suffer the consequences. if it is not him, he should know someone is using his name - you might get some professional help out of the deal

8. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Funny how this "low-life scum" gets hammered for taking you for $1000, while Eric Schill from Riley Automotive took me for $2000 two years ago and everyone brushes it under the carpet!!

Ed :-(

9. Well you're a little slow on the draw but I doubt that the stautes of limitations have not run out on International fraud, you probably still have time to file a police report and get the wheels rolling.

10. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

If this was the car then its for sale again on an old skool rods web site too.

[​IMG]

11. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Did that but obviously everyone in that town in Colorado are crooked. Police did nothing.

I'm not slow - I've been chasing that thief for two years now:

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515178

12. PM me the particulars I have done business with them maybe I can help you sort it out. Lets not get a fire storm going on this thread about it.

13. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Tony,That really sucks. I still need to get my Hudson to ya to get the windshield done.

14. Bilt

Bilt

Piece of craps!!! I doubt if your money really went to the names which you have. My guess is someone has assumed someone elses identity and using it. This lawyer has probably filed a case showing where someone is using him as identity theft. THe phone number are probably "tract" phones so they use it for a few days then dispose of them.

What I have found is its best if you can get a financial institution to get your money back by filing a police report and doing an affidavit with the bank. This makes the bank the victim and not the individual. Which in turn makes the bank go after the individuals and not a single person plus you get your money back.

15. Gomes

Gomes

Ya bring it Im runnin a special $100 for the windshield and $900 for the install
    Ya it sucks , lesson learned!

16. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Contact there State's Attorney General, and your State Attorney General. Good Luck. If you sent anything through the Post Office, contact the Postal Inspectors.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  17. Gomes

Gomes

Just got off phone with Pleasanton PD another couple from here got screwed for $4500 for the same Impala
    It just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  18. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Fools and their money are soon parted!

I'd like to help you out. Send me $100 and I'll track them down for you.:D

19. scottlep

scottlep

I once got scammed by a guy that was supposed to do body work for me. Never got my deposit back but was lucky enough to get my parts back. After I started asking around the car world about him I heard horror stories about the same fucker selling people's rare parts that he was supposed to be doing body work on. Me and another guy that he screwed got even years later when we splattered every panel of his brand new pickup with paint stripper. He had screwed over so many people by that point that he had no idea who fucked up his truck. Hopefully he's not a HAMBer and reading this.

20. RichG

RichG

The only craiglist listing for a '58 Impala in the U.S., it's listed as being in Charles City, VA.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2614951962.html

21. pinman 39

pinman 39

The crooks are always one step ahead of you.They know what precautions you are taking and they figure out how to beat you with the cards you are playing.
    This spring I bought a piece of equitment from a creep in Pheonix .Tom Pollard
    I sent a bank money order in a registered letter .He signed for it at an empty house
    and was gone .I filed a FBI report and all they told me was "Don't buy off the Internet ".
    "If they are out to getcha they are gonna getcha ."

22. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

i see on the craigslist ad if you select the more info above pic,there's a heading for internet fraud.why these peoples fingers arent cut off is beyond me.if they have no fingers,they couldnt even wipe their own ass.....that would be payback.
    my apologies to people that have lost their fingers for legitimate reasons....

23. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Just as a reminder do not buy anything from Sonny Mac Ind. in Oklahoma. He got to me for a sizeable amount of cash. I'm hoping he sees this and wants to sue me. I'd love to see this scumbag in court.

24. Gomes

Gomes

Aww man thats hurts but funny never the less !:eek:

25. Gomes

Gomes

Heres the car as it appeared on Craigs list[​IMG]

Attached Files:

26. gutted mate, i really hope this works out for you and you see some of your coin back if not get it back atleast get some fingers and toes for your time and effort

dylan

27. wonder if these losers are related to hotrodjohnny here on the HAMB he ripped me off on a grille I paid for on 08.30.11 off a classified ad here on the HAMB he wont return any communications I have never had any other problems with anybody else I ever pruchased anything from except the shipping company breaking some items
    this crap isnt cool when losers think they can pull this on anyone

28. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

29. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

sorry to hear bout the scam pulled on you,,,,i work on a rescue helicopter and we had a scam pulled on us last week by a usa seller(no offence guys at all) we are in the process of setting up a newly purchased forest fire machine and purchased a seemingly legit GPS from a seller stateside only to lose $8000 just last week ,,,,only thing is the name used as a seller is a quite important usa lawer,,,,once contacted he wasnt surprised and said he was sick of it happening to him and has set the FBI onto the trail....i doubt we ll ever see our money back,,,but i hope the dog C###ts get whats coming to them

30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Tony, did any of the CL pictures show the license plate. If so, maybe one of our law enforcement members could run that plate and get you the name that car was registered to. It might not even be the sellers car, they have been known to use someone elses car picture an claim it is their own.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.