Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUND!!!!!!! Stolen roadster Bakersfield,Ca October 26th 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weeks46, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Eyes open in the desert to the so east of ya! best of luck, as said shoot the bastards when caught!!

2. evs1

evs1

That car and that couple are a matched set, I can only imagine the grief and worry they are going through right now.
    That being said, this car theft thing is getting way out of hand. They are usually gone forever and on the rare occasion that one is recovered, it not usually in one piece. We have a great alerting service here among the members but it seems something else is needed. Can we amp it up to include automatic e-mail or phone notifications? What could we do beyond that? The more eyes looking faster the better. Any other ideas?

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That car was probably de-bodied less than an hour after being stolen. The chassis has likely been dismantled and will start appearing on Craig's Lists and eBay or your local weekend swap meet soon.
    NO ONE steals a Model AR Roadster because they want a Model A, they wanted a nice steel roadster body for their new hot or rat rod, that's what.

4. BigBri

BigBri
    from So Cal

Eyes open in Southern CA and link forwarded.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

All these car thefts are getting to be way too much.:mad: There seems to be an ever growing segment of our society who just don't think like the rest of us. I don't know if it is upbringing, environment, peer pressure, or what, but these lowlifes simply think it is ok to jump in someone elses car and take it. Great world we are living in today, isn't it? :(

Don

6. roughneck424

roughneck424

TTT - Bump
    Stolen from their home? That's a Real Pisser.
    Weeks- Is Roy Romagno still around the Banger group?
    His sister Carolyn was my HS English teacher. If I remember right she had a A too?

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Why does it really really bother us when somebody's early car gets nabbed and not so much when it is a modern car? Both are transportation, one is just cooler than the other, both are wanted and loved by their owners, and both should be grounds to kill the thieves on sight.

8. Bodger45

Bodger45

Got my eyes open out here, I hate thieves!

9. billys54

billys54

10. Weasel

Weasel

Because this is something they use for pleasure only - not as a transportation appliance. Transportation is replaceable. Pride and joy, life and soul automobiles are not. Some people just don't get it.

Makes me sick especially seeing the photo of the owners. Eyes open in OC and on CList and fleabay....

11. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

Maybe somebody needed Brake & Fuel lines for their own Model A.

12. The worst part, other than the heart break the owners are feeling, is some douche is going to tear apart a lovely old restoration to make a Hot Rod or worse out of it. Not that I have anything against making Hot Rods out of old stockers, but this one deserves to stay in that condition until the owners are truly done with it. This is much harder to accept than even recently built rod being stolen, just can't imagine how that couple feels.

13. Junkytudor

Junkytudor

I'll keep my eyes open locally, if it's still in town someone will know about it. Are there any identifiable parts that would stick out? There have been ads on craigslist recently for model A parts since the CHRR was last weekend.

14. Very good point, sure hope it turns up

15. Kinda doubt it had brake lines.

16. I say hang 'em when you find 'em as they used to do with horse thieves.

17. scottlep

scottlep

18. Alex S. L.

Alex S. L.
    BANNED

Lets get munstergarage on the case, and his trusty sidekick who does all the work.

19. Eyes open in Oklahoma

20. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

"I understand some may be angry with this post but its very critical the word gets out to get this car back in one piece hopefully. Remember that spreading the gospel is about helping others in need and you would hope they do the same for you."
    No anger with your post at all. Anger with thieves, oh, hell yes.
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

21. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

I will keep my eyes open and I am always on the look out for parts on Cragslist and Fleabay.
    These punks should be put away for a real long time. You reap what you sow.

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Since you are a hot rodder no one should have to tell you the difference. If someone steals my daily driver Caddy I would be inconvenienced but it is insured and there are a bunch more just like it at the dealers. If someone stole my 27 they would be taking 6 years of my blood and sweat plus the 23 years I have been driving it. That car is like a part of me, and I am sure 99% of the people on here, who do not build cars specifically to sell, feel exactly the same way. There are so many good memories I have of the times I have had in this car that they would be taking one of my "kids."

I LIKE my daily driver, but I LOVE my hot rod. :)

Don

23. Sorry! Hope you find it and the ones who took it die a horrible death. Had my house robbed this summer and it sucks.

24. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

I hope your friends get the roadster back stories like that piss me off

25. Bilt

Bilt

That sucks!!!! Just curious if it was in the driveway or in a garage. If it was kept in a garage then someone knew it was there since they probably didn't drive it everyday which would makes you think it was someone who had spoke to the victim a few days before the theft. (Hey I install lightening rods and think you need one, mind if I walk around your property....) Sounds like it was a pretty brave crime for someone to take it right from outside their house in a neighborhood.

26. MrForty

MrForty
    from Tustin, CA

This seems to happen way to frequently.

I'll keep an eye out in SoCal and pass this on to some of the local clubs.

27. Exactly right!

When I see that photo it makes me sick to think that someone would do that to these folks in their twilight years. I'm so sick of this crap.

I've got a look out in N. San Diego County.

28. Nobey

Nobey

Lots of car guys up here, keeping an eye out. Sure hope
    You get Her back!

29. South_paw

South_paw
    from America

I posted this on the AACA forum too. Spread the word throughout the hobby. Damn crooks!

30. Very sad for such an old couple. Hope that they get the car back and a pox on the thieves - may their anus become covered in warts and grow over and may they choke on their own excrement