Register now to get rid of these ads!

project salty essex caution christman inspired

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

with maxton closing down and having a new speed track in my back yard at the old DHL airport in wilmington oh ,i am inspired to build a land speed style build out of an old essex body i have had squirled away. now this will not be an actual race car so the rule book readers can calm down. it will not be a clone. it will be inspired by the chrisman bros coupe but made on the cheap with what i got . so heres what i have so far- 29 essex3w body ,2 40's international truck hoods ( way cheaper than 40 ford deluxe hoods) , 2 real old 8.00 x18 firestones( 2011 hershey swap fine cheap), a chevy 6 cylinder , a welder and awhole lot of gumpsion!!!!!!! here are some pics and a drawling i did. im not foose yes my drawling if crude but you will get the idea. stay tuned. i will start on it as soon as my 28 tub is done and i hope to have the car out at wilmington not this year but most likely next year.

Attached Files:

2. mcknight05

mcknight05
    from Ontario

3. ALLL that legroom! I like where you're going with this! Will it be a street car?

4. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Chop the hell outa the top and "goferit" dude. Why not?

5. bjinatj

bjinatj

I gotta see this.. :)

6. Jibs

Jibs

I like it, do it!!

7. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

You should get a couple more hoods and make it a crisman/boat tail??? It would be like a bigger salt flat tanker in a way. Just a thought. I like the idea man! Go for it!!

8. GARY?

GARY?

Those Firestones are a neat find. Quite the project.

knock 'em dead, Gary

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yes this essex will be driven on the street. it will be chopped heavy around 8+ inches. the front windsheild will be opend up and layed back like the chrisman bros model a. i will have to offset the 3rd member in the rear axle to one side to get the chevy 6 cyl in the passenger side of the car. i will made a center firewall to seperate the engine and myself but i think i will be puting a window in it with safty wire glass so i can see out the passenger side. i am itchen to start on this car but i have to finish my 2012 bonneville ride a 28 for 2dr tub. time to get to work.

10. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got the right tires but i need to get some 18" wheels. i have plenty of 32 ford 18" wire but i would like to get some high clearence truck wheels. mopar of 6 lug 18"what ever i can find. i dont want to have to refinance my house for wheels.

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I like it! Talk about thinking outside of the box!! This should be a very interesting project to follow.

12. cakes

cakes

this is awesome, I love the idea of the engine right next to you. very cool

13. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

best part is that the chevy 6cyl has the intake side of the head is on the driver side. now picture a chrisman style scoop on the roof feeding air to the carbs that are now right in the center of the roof.

14. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

15. realkustom51

realkustom51

Hey Drew, Cory drew a picture of your car for Friday Art Show. He did it pretty fast and said he didnt get the details just right but anyway, here it is. We're waiting on you to get to work!!!

[​IMG]

16. Looks like you're way outside of the box. Can't wait to see progress.

Non car people would look at your inital mock-up and wonder why you save old junk.

17. troylee

troylee

Like the super modified roundy round cars. They have the engine on the left. Sounds cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  18. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

my neighbors just dont understand. they see me drag home some rusty junk and in about a year they see me drive out for the first test drive. i like it. i have a neighbor that wanks his grandson by my house and they stop and look at what im building. im the guy that builds the crazy car to them.

Non car people would look at your inital mock-up and wonder why you save old junk.[/QUOTE]

19. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got to get to work. i like the drawling cory did. i got some real crazey ideas for this car. shifter linkage will be out of this world. like the kdf mangler i built. the 6 cyl should sound great with 6 exhaust pipes.

STAY TUNED ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

that is gonna be really cool !! Diggin it

21. deadbeat

deadbeat

[/QUOTE]

Bud,I hope you mean"walks his grandson" :eek:,Im sticking around to watch this one for sure as its going to be a neat build,
    Deadbeat

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

yes yes yes . i type fast and very bad. good thing i can use a welder better than i can type.

Bud,I hope you mean"walks his grandson" :eek:,Im sticking around to watch this one for sure as its going to be a neat build,
    Deadbeat[/QUOTE]

23. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i drilled the front axle tonight . i also got the front axle , wishdones, spindles and spring put together. i hope to get more mocked up on it. the body was alittle more tweeked and twisted than i thought but it is a solid body. more pics tomorrow.

24. basicbob

basicbob

Hello, it is Chrismas so I will send you a pair if 18" high clearance wheels. Would you switch from your Chevy 6 to a Gmc if you could run a Wayne Head?

Merry Christmas, Bob

25. Subscribed! This looks good

26. ratster

ratster

man, its gonna look badass... i love me an essex lol

27. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Drew this thing is killer. If BASICBOB is offering up 18" wheels and a WAYNE HEAD for a GMC There must be a SANTA CLAUS! lol Keep up the work Drew see ya at the Cavalcade

28. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

so i worked my but off today. here is what i got done......

Attached Files:

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Awesome will be watching.

30. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

more pics

Attached Files: