Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Radical Dave

Radical Dave

Hi' everyone just thought I would post my most recent pictures of my 61 progress has really slowed down due to lack of funds but hey-ho'.
    Cheer's Dave.

Attached Files:

2. davo461

davo461

I wish they were common in Australia, just the job for toting my double-bass. The best I can do is a Falcon Panelvan; a bit like a bastardized Falcon Stationwagon. lol.

3. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

Here is a shot from the Pete Eastwood Holiday excursion in 2010
    [​IMG]

4. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

was this eugene's truck from altadena?

5. qljiea784hl1

qljiea784hl1
    from usa

Hi, I have a '61 5-window pickup. Has tghe six/three speed. Has a header with duals and most of the options a Econo could have. It has the fresh air heater, the fibreglass dress up panel for under the dash, the twin factory mirrors and the '65 trim with ribbed insert. It is a real good worker and the 17 year old paint still looks real good. Oh, have five spoke mags and Big 'n Littles. Send me your e-mail and I will send you some pix.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Found this pic today--1976 Raton Pass NM Colo border--never traveled without a bike in the back--this particular paint job on the truck was green, my father had painted it as a suprise for me while I was in the Army--had 260 C-4 in it then--man my Dad could get them straight
    I've still got this truck

Attached Files:

7. Dog427435

Dog427435

8. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

indeed. why would one paint it up like this! a grandpa might i guess, but it sure looks bad.

9. jeepwrench

jeepwrench

Hey Dave,
    What size are the back tires(tyres)? That looks cool with those meats!

10. Hogride

Hogride

[​IMG]My ecoblaster 200 six turbocharged with 81 buick turbo 4 wheel disk brakes still working bugs out then paint same color

Attached Files:

11. i had one....a 1960 or 61 with something like a 144 cid 6 in it....this thing wouldnt get out of its own way going down hill....

12. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

13. Um...hogride, what's up with the avatar?

14. Hogride

Hogride

Hay do eny of you have the side trim like's on Pete Eastwoods p/u that you would sale. Man his truck is nice

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

How does the little 200 go with the turbo on it?

16. Hogride

Hogride

Have not driven yet. Still need a few things but should not be to long. nerrowing 9 inch rear end and tubbing rear now. I have friends with turbo cars helping me so I dont Blow it up. starting with 14 lb boost. going turn up a little at a time to maybe 20. still need water/meth inj . air fuel senser few. outher things. should be around 325 to 400 hp at that psi boost. Would like to run 11 sec quarter miles with luck. still need to switch trans to pro shift trans jerrico 4 speed

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  17. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'd love to see how you set up the 4 speed. I'm thinking about switching before I destroy the 3 speed.

I don't know the truck, but I'm going to assume that he's using Econoline Falcon trim. You need to find a 61-67 Econoline "Falcon" van (higher trim level than the standar E-100s).

18. Hogride

Hogride

Im plaining to use riged mounted 3/8 push pull cables attached to some sort of a bracket /clamp to hold in place have not got to start this part of project yet ! will be useing a inline drag style shiffter that will attach on a stand off the floor. :eek: should be fun !!! Have a race c4 auto if all else fails yuk! ( Still 3 on the tree 5th under the seat. But have a pro shifted top loader 4 ) Have been plaining and gathering parts for a couple of years. now that I retired Its go to it time. Have a group of friends that have gasser drag cars. There a lot faster but I have to start some where.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

How about a pict of the turbo set up? I have one of those hanging on the wall and several sacrificial 200s....

20. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Here are some pictures of my Daughters 61 Econo. My Son painted it. Its almost ready to run under its own power, a tunnel ram 302 with a C4 trans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Wow, that's cool, nice work

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Your daughter's 61 is awesome, Steve! The way your son painted the front "FORD" letters is a nice touch. I can't wait to see it in person... and hopefully on the track at the Hunnert Car Heads Up in June against my 65!

23. Hogride

Hogride

WOW ! That is a very nice ecoblaster.

24. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Here is my project Econoline, I'm wanting to build a gasser/wheelstander looking van for the street. The rear will be lower than usual but it will have the nose up a bit for the gasser stance (front will be lower than in pics). I'm going to keep it light and put some power in it too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

I like it! With the rear that low, you may not be able to do too many wheel stands without crumpling the rear of the van. :) What are you using for power?

26. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Ha!, I know, that would be no good, I guess I'm really going for the look and hope that the van's chassis will work well at the track for e.t. and not necessarily pull wheelies. Manageable wheelies would be nice though!:)
    The engine is a BB that should make 650+ hp.

27. mothradeath

mothradeath

I like the way that van sits. I always thought it would be sweet if someone actually did a version of this rendition. I love the radiused rear arches!
    [​IMG]

28. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Oh yeh, thats a cool design, thats the stance I'm going for.

29. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

The trim is from a spring special, a special dealer option in 1965. Was wondering about your comment "3 on the tree, 5th under the seat" , maybe i'm stupid but what is 5th under the seat mean?
    [​IMG]

30. Hogride

Hogride

That' be a fifth of Moon Shine !!! Granpa's wobbley water. said it as a joke. When We were kids car's/ trucks that had three speed on column we would say three on the tree & 5th under seat

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011