Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Paint Gun Club. What have you got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64Cyclone, Oct 5, 2011.

1. I have 2 DeVilbiss

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

I was a painter until sometime in the 80's allways was a Devilbiss MBC guy,[used to use a Sharpe cup assembly so I would only get a few drips on the hood] had many over the years. My son is still a painter. Last year I had a big chip at the rear of the door on my old Corvette,While waiting for my son to bring his fancy Sata over to fix it I spotted my old MBC hanging on the wall,said WTF, mixed up a little PPG basecoat, threw a little blend on it, been bragging about ever since.

indyjps likes this.
  3. TomWar

TomWar

I've got a Devilbiss MBC that I have had for almost 50 yrs, and a Binks 7 for about 30 years. But the last car I painted I got a Devilbiss Finish Line HVLP and it works great.
    In my woodworking business, I use Cheap Gravity feed guns.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I have a number of my favorite old Paint Guns,... 2 Binks 62's , a Binks 15, and a very used and abused DeVilbiss 501. I did a lot of jambs and flames with the old 501. But I haven't done anything other than prime in several years.

I have had these for a VERY long time.

Attached Files:

2Blue2 likes this.
  5. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I've got a Binks Model 18 too. And a Binks Wren airbrush.
    They're traditional. :D

6. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I've got a 62 and an 18 that I've had for 35 or 40 years. Wayno

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Got a Binks Mack 1 hvlp when they 1st came out....hooked to a 2 gallon pressure pot....great for complete spray jobs.
    A Cornwell hvlp I use for the majority of stuff I do.
    A Harbor Freight gun with drilled out tip for heavy flake spraying...
    And last but not least a Sata NR2000 for clears and fine metallics...
    Oh, and an Iwata Eclipse airbrush....
    I learned to spray with a Devillibus and a Binks 7...but once I strated using a good hvlp, I never wanted to use one of those again.

8. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Just got this one. It reminds me of an old Sci-Fi lazer gun. I'm gonna polish it up like chrome. Cool stuff.

[​IMG]

2Blue2 likes this.
  9. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I have four MBC Develbliss guns that date back to the 1960's. Each has been rebuilt at least twice and the oldest one has a brass body. They still lay it down nice and smooth.

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Got a binks 18 and a sharpe gun,Looking for a new cup for the binks,Cheap ,Ill find one at a show ....

11. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I do like the way hvlp guns lay primer and solid colors, but I feel the old high pressure guns lay metallic better. That's not the way it is I'm sure but us old guys are scared of new technology and set in our ways. :p

12. Old&Low

Old&Low

I've never tried an hvlp gun, but still have the first Binks Model 7 I bought in the early 70's, including four more I've bought over the years plus a Binks Model 19 I used for large jobs (I used to paint Semis, and still love old buses!)

13. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I still have my Binks #7 that I got used in the mid 80's and I bought two Accu-spray HVLP guns in the early 90's, they still work good. bought a HF gravity HVLP last year used it a couple of times, my JGA is still hooked up to my 2qt. pot,... don't know what kind to buy for the waterbased paint.

14. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

Binks model 18, 2 gallon pressure pot with 2 regs, 25 ft of hose from the pot to the gun. sprayed thousands of feet of wrought iron fence with it. it's worn out a few compressors.... bought it new in 83 when i started painting. also have the same craftsman siphon cupgun someone else posted a pic of. i have a few others too, but mostly use a Graco HVLP unit now

15. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

My first gun was a JGA 502 & still have it. Next a Sharpe pint gun still have it and use it often. I then bought a 2qt cup JGA 502 pressure pot and to this day the best spraying gun I have owned just a hassle to clean compared to the new systems. Then bought a MBC all above guns have had since mid to late 70's.

Have some newer HVLP's nice and easy to use/clean but they still do not spray as well as some of my old guns. Had a binks 7 years ago but gave it to my brother.

16. I started painting in about '92 or so, here's one of my first paint guns.....I have my first cheap HVLP gun in another room.

Attached Files:

17. Brass head DeVilbiss. No idea how old, but it hung in my dad's workshop since I can remember (I'm 44). Still works like a champ.

18. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I have a MAC Tools gun, which is a deVilbiss that I use for my primer gun. and a Snap-on which is the Sharpe 775. I just painted a semi with it yesterday, using Imron and it still shoots great.(damn i've made alot of money with that gun) I would like to up grade to an HVLP but I just don't know which one to buy, If someone has any suggestions let's here 'em

19. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Amazed at how many people have the old Snap On BF501s. After I bought mine from from the slimey Snap On guy I found out I could have bought the same gun from Sharpe for alot less. Oh well it's been a great gun and I also scored a NOS one lately.

[​IMG]

2Blue2 likes this.
  20. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I gave a whopping 40.00 bucks for mine!

21. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

Will never get rid of my DeVilbiss JGA. Although I have some modern HVLP guns I just don't like the feel of them and I can't lay the paint down like I can with my trusty conventional gun.

22. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I got the old Craftsman gun in the mail. It's so clean that I'm not real sure it was ever used. It does have some corrosion but should buff up nice. I guess this is sort of a touch up gun....works like some of the old single action air brushes. Not bad for a .99 cent ebay bid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2Blue2 likes this.
  23. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

2....jga 502
    1....jga 503
    1....ega 502

24. D-man313

D-man313

My grandpa bought a Binks #7 and a Binks 29 for $2 at a garage sale. Primed and painted my truck with the #7. Turned out great. He just brought over 3 more guns that he bought for cheap, havent had time to research them yet.

25. badsix

badsix
    from oregon

[​IMG]

old devilbiss

26. badsix

badsix
    from oregon

27. badsix

badsix
    from oregon

28. Yep X2