Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. The Hollywood deal got postponed,but I drove around 100 miles this weekend,and it's fantastic! Looking forward to the next road trip......

2. Skirv

Skirv

I was expecting not to care for the "raise" but have to admit that I'm surprised to find that I actually like it. Looks good.

3. I think most guys won't even notice....

4. I can't imagine driving around with it lower than you have it now, I'd be busting holes in my oil pan from manhole covers etc.

5. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

looks good.. enjoy the ride

6. I DID!!!!!! I'm on my third oilpan! Matt welded it up the last time I fucked it up. It was 1 1/2" off the ground. Now it's at least 4", clear.

7. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Merc looks good.No more of this, hopefully.

Attached Files:

8. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Still collecting parts on mine.Evel did a photo shoot for Madfab 6 back in July.

Attached Files:

9. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Will try to get some pics up soon of my newest project, a barn find 55 mercury montclair 2 dr hardtop. Its an original one owner car that would still be driving had it been taken better care of but being stuck out in a shed from 1969 till this weekend took its toll on paint and interior but saved a lot of other stuff. Since its the best of the bunch i think its the one to redo and the hardest part will be trying to decide which of the other mercs must go to pay for this ones resurrection,LOL

10. Everyone should have that problem,hahaha!!! Hope to see some pic's.

11. HAHAHA! I forgot...you were there!!!

12. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I was there enjoying all the mercs.

13. Well, I'm a glutton for punishment. I just cant stand to see a hacked up Merc that needs help. I picked up these two today (50 coupe and 51 moredoor) from LAYDRAG (he didnt do the work either) and plan on using the two and a bunch of parts Ive got layin around to make her pretty again!!! This is textbook for how NOT to chop a Merc or how to really "F" one up!!! Who ever chopped this one should have their torch swapped for knitting needles!!!!!!!!!!! Big thanks to NOUHUH and BENNETTAMX for helping get them home. Stay tuned for a crapload of surgery!

Attached Files:

14. You're a glutton,alright!!!!! I would LOVE to have an extra Merc to mess with....

15. leadsledmerc49

leadsledmerc49

If anyone can bring these Mercs back from the dead it's you Ether. Can't wait for the build thread on theses babies.

16. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I don't what you guys are seeing, those mercs look pretty cherry...that chop looks pretty good... Look they even fully welded it:D

17. Im hoping to bring the 50 back to life,,,,,,,,Man what would the name be for this little guys build thread??????

Matt, I might have to use the wifes doors on this one!!!!

18. I like how the welds are nice and big, reminds me of bubble gum, now I want some.

19. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

Before i spend the money to have my tredelvac/bendix style power brake booster rebuilt
    are you guys who still run one happy with the way they stop or should i upgrade. On a later style power brake setup is my pedal assy going to work or will it need major mods as well?

20. I'm not familiar with those. maybe someone else can help you with some info.

21. ebfabman

ebfabman

Hey guys, is there room at the table for one more? Just got my second 50 merc. Its a monterey. A little rough now but it's gonna get the treatment. I'll post some pics soon

thanks.....eb

22. Yes....there's room at the Inn! hahaha! You're # 433.

23. ebfabman

ebfabman

Thanks Bob. Ahh....433, a nice round number. Most people say without pics it didn't happen, but I promise pics soon. The boss says I can't play with it til I finish my current work and get the dishes done. I am secretly sharpening my sawzall blades.

I like this one. Any info on it?

Attached Files:

24. Skirv

Skirv

Check with HAMB member 51Gringo on that one. He either owns it or built it I think.

25. ebfabman

ebfabman

Thanks Skirv, I'll do that

26. That's always been a favorite Merc of mine,even though we disagree on the "skirt/NO skirt" issue! It is one beautiful car though!!!!

27. ebfabman

ebfabman

No drip rails either, but dam nice!

28. Bounder

Bounder

I'm new to all this how do I join this Merc Club?

29. #1 Read my first post...
    #2 Post pic's of your car...
    #3 I'll add you to the list of members...
    #4 Enjoy the club!

Pretty informal thing,hahaha!

30. olcarguy

olcarguy

This Club open to Merc truck owners, Haven't had the time to read every post to find out. 46 Merc 1/2ton P/u

Attached Files: