Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mac' Antique auto parts ???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tigger!, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Ive ordered quite a lot from them over the the last 15 years.
    No problem, except with inferior rubber parts

So i buy all rubber parts from Bob Drake..

2. I just ordered from them a couple small pieces to finish a car a couple hours away from me. I needed the parts for the trip on the weekend so ordered on Monday early figuring NY - NJ delivery as one day or two the most. They didn't bother to ship until Thurs afternoon so the parts never arrived in time until Monday after the weekend. I found the shipping cost for the small padded envelope a bit pricey and the shipping time sucked. As they say - your results may vary.

3. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I had a Vintique license plate holder on the trunk of my coupe. On a road trip, one of the spot welds started to let go. I took it off and got back home. I decided I could fix it myself and did. Next time I ordered from Macs, I mentioned this to the sales guy. Not looking for anything, just to let them know there may be an issue with this part. When I got my order, there was a new holder (n/c) in the box and a note thanking me for mentioning this to them. They are great to deal with and offer a great catalogue. No worries with Macs.

4. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

5. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Use them for years. always fast and ready to help.

I had issue with two parts I got from them. Made call and they fixed the problem fast.

6. Ordered a pan gasket set and other parts. They sent the wrong gasket set and when I called they said because I did not say - (dash) when I gave the number. but the set they gave me had an entirely diferent number, Not even close to what I ordered, plus they knew what year the car I was ordering for. Worse part was guy/kid on the phone all but got shitty with me. Last on my list to buy from. Started Using Paul Ellis Ford Parts from TN. (865) 577-3917 met him at Hershey and was one of the few guys that brought any inventory with him.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. Good experience here.

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

I have been ordering form them for about 5 years, Mostly stuff for my 48 ford. no problems with anything and good service too. the catalogs are very good info. i use some stuff from the model A catalog on other vehicles i have.

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I agree. Never had a problem. Good service. Good parts.

10. Tigger!

Tigger!

Anybody order f100 parts preferably 1964? If so how did they fit?

11. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Wish I could chime in positive but I cannot. Ordered a set of running boards from them, get two pair! They billed me separterly for both. I sent one pair back, they took a considerable amount of time to credit me. I had to go to my bank with all my doc's to get my money back. It was their mistake! Glad I did not buy a big item!

12. Ebert

Ebert

Always good!

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I had a good experience with Mac's. Order arrived quickly and was correct!

14. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Fifty-million Elvis fans can't be wrong.

Mac's gets two thumbs up from me.

15. allways have good luck with them

16. Tigger!

Tigger!

Thank you all for your input.

17. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

Used them, will use them again.

18. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Used them lots and always will.

19. I have used them extensively for many projects. The only problems I have encountered were parts that were packaged incorrectly. I actually installed 1 then found out it was packaged incorrectly. I had to mutilate it to get it back off. Mac's was very understanding and credited me for this part as well as my return postage to them. I have always found them to be prompt on shipping and very helpful an courteous on the phone. The part that was packaged incorrectly was a leaf spring shackle kit that should have been for the front spring, but was in fact for the rear. If any of you have ever removed these you know what kind of battle it is. The upper part that goes into the axle perch was right, but the lower piece for the spring was actually for a rear spring and wouldn't come close to fitting.
    Matt

20. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Seems as though my prediction regarding someone complaining is proven true. Out of all the replies posted, a few, very few, had problems with Mac's. It is proven that you can't please all the people all the time. Remember this, nobody is perfect. And this includes the customers.

21. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Jack tends to be frosty on Saturday mornings when I go there to pick up my stuff, but then again I'd be grumpy too if I had to work at 8am on a Saturday.

Thumbs up from me. Been dealing with them for more than 10 years.

23. Lono

Lono

Lots of purchases, only one item ever shorted. Customer service had it fixed by the end of the day.
    Nothing like a little free ad space for Macs... they should be HAMB Alliance Vendors for this free press.

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I never had any problems with them but when it comes to parts on back order I always put in the online order if any part is not in stock please contact me before shipping because I hate to pay twice for shipping and usually the needed part is the one on back order and the others I ordered to make it worth the shipping that I dont really need are shipped.

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

26. My experiences have been excellent with Mac's

27. terry48435

terry48435

Totaly satisfied with them. Good stuff and fast delivery.

28. delaware1930

delaware1930
    from Delaware

So far so good with me parts always on time.

29. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

No problems here......I've bought various parts from them over the last 10 years or so, and they have always delivered in good time at fair costs........I'd recommend them....

CB

30. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I have the same experience, I always pick up in person and try to get there well before they close (you never know how the border is going to be!). I usually find that if the part is in stock there is no problems. But if it is on back-order or custom-made, you might run into trouble. I bought a headliner for my '62 Ford Fairlane back in the middle of May 2011, when it was on sale. Long story short, even through they told me it would be a three-week waiting period it ended up over six-weeks! I cancelled the order only to receive a notice in the mail that the headliner was finally in stock. So I talked to the customer service and "uncancelled" the order, but I had to fight to get the original discount back. Overall my experiences have been very good and prompt - the customer service is great and whenever I have any questions they respond quickly.

Hope this helps!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

P.S. - Like previously mentioned, the sheet metal pieces can be godo and can be bad. I've ordered a battery apron and 4-speed trans. hump and they appear to be great quality. But recently I've spent $500 on floor patches that have been questionable. I try to only use what I need, but it still involves quite a bit of tweaking to fit and look decent.