Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHRR 2011 Cacklefest and pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Novadude55, Oct 23, 2011.

1. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

WoW, cool shots, how did you get so close?

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

5. trashn'l

trashn'l

It was my first time - Un f#$king believable. It will be an annual event from now on for me. You gotta do it!

6. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

7. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

8. snaptwo

snaptwo

20 years ago ,Steve Gibbs said "we'll only do this once" !! Just look what it has grown too today. Saturday, the parking along Famoso Rd. was almost to Zerker Rd. , fence crows 5 deep and grandstands full. Perfect weather all weekend,don't get any better than that ! Thanks to Stormy Byrd and "The House of Mouse" for your hospitality !!

9. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

After the cacklefest, they let all spectators interested onto the dragstrip to mill about. It was an honor to walk the quarter-mile, as I had been racing on it all weekend. But to walk on it, inspect it, was completely different, almost humbling. It was great to sit on the side walls for a spell, but I, along with the many others who witnessed this, got VERY disgusted with watching how all the people left all their SHIT and TRASH on the track, as well as the guard wall. As a racer there, I thought it the worst way to pay homage to such a historical piece of real estate in our rich drag racing history. I can understand the trash under the bleachers, but not out on the actual dragstrip. They must have spent all night cleaning up.....

But-it was indeed an incredible sight to see the stands completely filled, and standing room only.

I also think they should not rent out sooo many golf carts. We had many close calls over the weekend with individuals who should not have been operating them (none other than John Force had to "assist" me with one group to get them to move their fat asses out of our way during a call to the staging lanes!!):eek:

10. Coolest thing I saw all weekend.....
    I think it was during top fuel qualifying, I was sitting in the second bleacher and and 2 cars were backing up after their burnouts and I heard an almighty roar. I looked down though the crowd to see 90 year old Ed Iskenderian in the hot rod he built 70 years ago, foot buried to the floor, cigar in mouth and a passenger along for the fun, making a blast up the return road. Might be the coolest thing I've ever seen. I looked around at the crowd and no one else seemed to notice.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the stories and the photos. I'm going to have to make time to go to that one in the next couple of years.

12. 133

my dad was there and said Winfield had a set of Cadillac valve covers but wanted $2000 for them, anyone have a pic?

13. Here are a few of mine....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. lolife

lolife

Funny, in that they don't know it's a solvent, and is used for removing paint really, really good :p

Ayee, my lungs... ha

Thanks for the pics!

15. lolife

lolife

I was going to say something funny or smart, but I'll just say those carts just ruin the event.

16. TERPU

TERPU

You weren't alone Kev. Ed's still got it. Pretty damn cool! I go to push the Sour sisters Olds and Kenny still has it too. Even though his son drove the car Kenny was all about it. Even ran 85% when most were running 50% or less. I got a big smile watching them mix the good stuff. All the circus atmosphere at times could never diminish the FED's and the Men who made it all happen. This is my favorite event all year. I wanna be just like them when I get there.

Tim

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  17. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

You lucky so and so. I was there all day Sunday and didn't catch that or see John either. Doesn't matter though because the cars are the stars but it is cool to meet the drivers from back in the day. I have to give kudos to the owner of the Outcast 1 Topolino. He was a really cool kat that was willing to chat with me for the better part of a half an hour behind the grandstands. Very affable fellow and he car sounded soooo bitchin' during Cacklefest.

18. roughneck424

roughneck424

Agree especially right down the middle of the grove. The ones I saw ( golf carts )that did get in there had " Handicap" status.? Should make use a wheel chair

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  19. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

The Outcast owner said he was monitoring the temp of his fuel to get it up to 88%. It sounded like it too during Cacklefest.

20. All I had was my phone but here is by far my best memory from the weekend,
    on the line for semi's in top fuel

Attached Files:

21. Those dip shits either stop and block the whole road or damn near run over anyone in their way.

22. roughneck424

roughneck424

A shot from the back row on the spectator side. Some Swedish guys with the Cadi and a Big BBQ behind it

[​IMG]

23. Did you make it to Squeak Bell's thur and sat nite get togethers at his shop? Always a good time there when CHRR rolls into town. Was lots of NZ folks there both nites, good time was had by all! I have always enjoyed the gatherings, see folks I only see once a year or so. Had a good "MINI" car show there as usual too.

24. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Here is what I got.

Attached Files:

25. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Some more...

Attached Files:

26. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

More..

Attached Files:

27. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

A few...

Attached Files:

28. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

So- bear with me. Not being a "nitro-chemist", is that the reason why, during the evening on Sat. some of the cars coming by had a much more "crisp" note to their engines? More nitro- the harder the hit?? Some came by, and were very mellow, others were chaotic explosions in unison!!!:D

29. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

When they start the fuelers it's usually done with gasoline or alcohol, but when the nitro finally gets to the motor it's like a whole new set of music.
    Violin concerto to a full-blown symphony. :eek:

30. Unbelievable wknd...those who missed it really missed an event!:eek:

We sat in the stands with Roland Leong watching the 39 fuel funnies qualify,I chatted with Jungle Pam Hardy for 20 minutes plus in front of my car discussing the good old days,saw TV Tommy and Gene Winfield walk by among a whole host of others...still processing it all!

My pics to follow soon...;)