Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Could we get a 63-65 pontiac gran prix picture thread going???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53vicky, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Please?? Really wanna see what other guys are going with them!

thanks.

Luke

2. anyone anyone??

3. there is a 64' gran prix 2 blocks away from where i live for sale.

just curious what it could be turned into.

4. Careful...these cars typically go this way...Then the thread gets shut down.....Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't forget this fine Zoochi creation.....

[​IMG]

And this awsome Watson painted masterpiece....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. yeah i have seen the green one and the larry watson one on google.

i know there are a few guys with them lurking around the hamb here, i just want to see what the average guy is doing with them traditional style.

7. btw thanks clean cut!

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I'd be interested too. Just got a '63 Grand Prix.

9. inkstain27

inkstain27

Just picked up a grand prix myself. Planning on lowering it with a 2 tone paint and chrome reverse.

Clean cut is right on being careful with the prix. I'm playing around with the thought of lace and scallops but I think it would turn out like something out of a lowrider mag.

Attached Files:

10. inkstain27

inkstain27

The one Alex Gambino done is pretty spot on in my opinion. Great looking custom without being over the top

Attached Files:

11. i absolutely love this car but i think its a catalina or a bonneville.

Your car is cool too man! what you going to do to it?

12. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

There are a couple long Pontiac photo threads here, do a search and you should be able to find some more pictures. By the way, a 1964 GP is more closely related to the 1963 GP than the 1965.

13. oh ok thanks. i just kinda guess the year when i made the title for the thread so thank you.

i will look up some pontiac photo threads. thanks

14. inkstain27

inkstain27

I planned on lowering it about 3" and still deciding on either a white base with a blue top, or a light green base with a white top.
    Decisions, decisions!

15. strato

strato

Got a 64,two different sets of wheels.

Attached Files:

16. Not a Gran Prix, but here is my 64 Catalina convertible. I'm the third owner and have had it since '84. I started turning it into a "traditional" custom right away....so much as was the definition of "custom" in '84. Other than hooking up with similar minded folks at KKOA events, I was pretty much alone in my tastes as an 18 year old in central Arkansas. ;) It's still in my driveway, BTW.

[​IMG]
    This is about '87 after I stripped all the old paint and coated it in unbuffed laquer to seal the primer in preparation for body work. It was my daily driver for 15 years and still hasn't gotten to bodywork. LOL

[​IMG]
    This was taken about 1990-ish with fresh primer over the laquer after being broadsided. Still looks this way today, just worse for the wear. One of these days I will actually finish it. ;)

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I just bought this '63 from another Hamb member. All original with factory A/C, even has an 8 lug spare with the plate to balance the 8 lug wheels. She's too nice to change.
    PontiacCards 005.jpg PontiacCards 004.jpg

18. Naaaah, they are never too nice to change. LOL. You can lower it easily though, without cutting anything up. I swapped my springs in the rear for 64-67 (I think) GTO springs and I'm not sure what I used for the front....been a long time. LOL. I just went through the specs in the back of the Moog Spring catalog and picked out springs that had the same outside diameter and rate of my stock springs but a 2-3 inch lower installed height. Easy weekend job that is fully reversible should you decide to put it back stock (but why would you? ;))

19. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Man , that there's PURTY !!!![​IMG]

20. 24riverview

24riverview

Seen at Back to the 50's 2010
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Couple of my old GP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Anybody out there have a '63 GP with 18 or 20" rims on it?

23. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I hope not.

24. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

X2:mad:

25. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

I had a 64 Gran Prix when I was in high school (early 70's). It had all the options, power everything, the ultimate cruiser. Then all that electrisical claptrap started going south, what a nightmare, stuff went haywire faster than I could believe. Sold it to some guy and warned him that it was an older car and would probably need work. He called me up a week later and demanded his money back, car was AFU. I told him a sale was a sale, he told me he would get even. I spent a month or two looking over my shoulder...

I have no desire to own another mid 60's Gran Prix

26. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

D'monsta....those wheels are not favored on this site. We do traditional hot rods and customs...from the early years right up to 1964 or so. Those 18s and 20s just plain look WRONG in so many ways. Perhaps a different site - like one for DONKs - would be more to your liking?

27. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Not to MY liking.. My '63 GP is all stock except I installed the 4 speed hydramatic from a Bonneville... Just trying to figure out what types of customs are embraced here.. I suppose it would be better to send a car to the crusher than to have one of "those guys" get ahold of it?...:rolleyes:

28. dantheman311

dantheman311
    from carson ca

i have a 67 bonneville that im messing around with

Attached Files: