Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

The cars in post 2620 and 2624 are all gone,.. The cars in post 2622 are mostly still there, only because the guy really digs them,.. He has been talking about scrapping them as with the price of scrap,.. he's talking 4 to 6 hundred per car ( I talked him out of that,... I think).

Its sad, but I keep hearing a reoccurring story from guys like this,... People will promise them they will give them "X" amount of dollars for any given car,... Then either never show up, or try to re negotiate the deal after they get a better look at the car. They tell them, They will have a ton of buyers for the rest of the cars,.. then never come through.

That 33 Tudor was missing the passengers door, and the left side was pretty much returned to the earth,... If you took it to a swap meet it wouldn't bring $1,500. let alone 5-7 K,... They get tired of people offering a few hundred bucks,.. and then never coming back to get them.

I did get a couple cars out of these yards,... I paid a fair price, but they were only good for pieces. I bought a 32' Tudor out of the same yard as the 33' was in. It was in about the same condition,... usable drivers side and top,... but passenger side crumbled and stuck to the ground,... the right frame rail was mostly gone as well.

The other problem (and this was at least 15 years ago) he didn't have paperwork on a lot of these cars,.... And so they were leery to sell entire bodies,... Thats exactly why he wouldn't sell me that 36 5/W or 33 Dodge.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Even at scrap metal value, I think he'd be hard pressed not to find buyers if he knew (even remotely) how to advertise them.

Man oh man, you should see the tractors and equipment up here thats parked. The scrappers would quite literally make a fortune if they knew what sits in various junkyards everywhere up here. We probably have $10k in scrap metal value alone, only there is no feasible place to haul all the shit out to. Just piles and piles and piles of metal everywhere out in the rural areas.

3. desotot

desotot

so much steel needing to be restored and people are investing time and money in tupperware,SIGH...

4. norton58

norton58

I found this in a little town in the South Island of New Zealand (can't remember which one). I was there with my Kiwi wife doing the visiting relatives mambo, as well as a little touring round. As may be guessed, "don't bother asking. It's not for sale." There was also a handful of neat 40's pickups, a 52 and a 54 Chev, and a few other goodies.

Attached Files:

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I seem to remember something about some rare high dollar hardback bucket seats kind of like those,they may have been for a 59 cadillac or something,I cant remember:confused:
    [​IMG]

6. Scumdog

Scumdog

I live on the South Island and owna '37 coupe. (But not THAT one!)

So roughly where was this scene?

7. Mogger

Mogger

I bought an acreage a couple of years ago. today the mutt and I were exploring the trees across the road. Low and behold I came across this pair. A 39? Chev coupe and a 40 Chev sedan. Interesting thing about the sedan is that it's right hand drive. Flathead 6, frame axles in the coupe, frame only in the sedan. a 55 licence plate on the sedan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

If I'd stumbled across that, I would've wet myself....

9. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

The coupe is a Hudson, very cool finds though!

I see you're in Central Alberta, so am I! Would it be possible to come out and see these myself? (sending you a PM)

10. 33mopower

33mopower

11. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

1957, 58, 59 Dodge?

Attached Files:

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

not sure of year...but I'm sure I want one...

13. axe grinder

axe grinder

14. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

15. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

All of these trucks are at the Gold King Mine/Museum in Jerome, Az. Definately worth a visit!

Attached Files:

16. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

more....

Attached Files:

17. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

[​IMG]

Apparently buddy only wants $800 for it. Its a '38 Diamond T

18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  19. That is Canadian '65 Pontiac Parisienne convertible. You can tell by the rear panel and parisienne only beltline chrome. The fact that it says "parisienne" on the rear helps too.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  20. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That's a lot of Zephyrs, are they yours?

I used to have 2 of them, cool cars, I still have 2 59 Ford Taunus 12M Supers.

21. No, I sold the guy that owns them my grandmothers 56 Zephyr in 1982 and bumped into him at a swap meet earlier this year 2011. I asked if he still had it and he did, here it is,

[​IMG]

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

What the hell? Why?

23. My parents didn't want it on the property. I sold it to Andy for $125, he attempted to make a convertible out of it then lost interest in it and parted it out. All that is left of it is what you see in the picture.

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

It looks alot better than if it was sitting in the woods around here!:eek:

25. Ed Wrath

Ed Wrath

These pics are depressing enough..............then you notice the dash!!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

What the hell??

27. slab of wood dash

28. Looks like he tried to turn it into a clown car for the local shriners and lost interest......

29. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

interior modded circa 1967. parked since '68. in Death Valley. by Charles Manson.and there it sits still.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  30. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

^ wow seriously? now THAT thing has some history to it.

Im totally not into buses in anyway, but man that would be worth it just for the history factor.

Maverick Daddy likes this.