Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Adam's '30 Roadster Shed find! AV8 Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Adam M., Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hey Adam, your too busy for that, and I have more garage room then you, so give me a call and I'll come and get it!

Now, that is a great deal, I'll give you a call next time I'm down that way and get a closer look!

Now get to work!

Eric

2. I am too busy, you do have more garage space then me, but I felt left out when we went to Syracuse. My car was the newest car by a long shot and its a '64!

Stop in anytime!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. I've seen pics of your garage...I'm just trying to catch up!

If I stopped looking for more, maybe I'd finish one!

4. Well Here is the plan as of today!

I'm going to get the roadster body into shape, then put it on this restored running driving chassis that I already have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then mount these Firestone's that are 5.50 and 7.50's mounted on 16x4" wheels (they were red when I bought them, Not sure what colour to paint them yet) that I bought for my '31 Tudor

[​IMG]

And drive it around this summer.

Then I plan to sell this body:

[​IMG]

Build the '32 frame with all the parts I have already saved up, then swap the roadster on the Deuce rails and put this Tudor back on the Banger chassis!

[​IMG]

Everyone still with me? Sound like a good idea?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    ChuckleHead_Al and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. YAPP

YAPP

Hell yeah I'm still with you! I play this game all the time. I call it "project parts rubix cube". If I swap this frame with that, use those wheels on this, swap that body onto the other chassis...then I can sell these and finish this. It always makes perfect sense in my head.

You and I may have been seperated at birth.

Terry

6. Great plan! Get crack-a-lackin'!

7. Looks like a great plan is coming together...Keep us posted.

8. Toner283

Toner283

Ain't that the truth.

Same problem I seem to have :D

9. Then you had better get to work!

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Excelent plan! You'll have a driver for the Summer, and a project to sell to finance the '32 chassis build.

11. all your cars look sweet! I like the idea of swapping the roadster onto the banger chassis!

12. I'm with you....and I'm jealous....:D

13. Hey Hitchhiker you've got a pretty cool project going on yourself. I really like it and I look at the build often! Keep up the great work.

14. redzula

redzula

I wish to someday get to the point where I have multiple projects that I can swap frames and bodies on

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Excellent score..........especially the '32 chassis. Reminds me of one I picked up from a wrecker call back in 1975-6. I go to start this guys car and notice a '32 roller chassis sitting in the weeds beside his garage. After getting his car running I inquire about the chassis. He says it belongs to his son and its been sitting there for over 10 years since his son got married. Well, I had to ask if it could be bought. Five minutes later and a $20 bill and I'm turning the wrecker around to tow it home. A 4" Moredrop axle, '39 transmission/rearend and a complete '40 brake system was on board. It's the frame that's under the '32 2dr that's my avatar.

Frank

Nailhead A-V8 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. Thanks man, I just wish I had a 32 frame....next time :rolleyes:;)

17. StrickV8

StrickV8

You sir were in the right place at the right time. Reminds me I better go get all my stuff from dads place....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Wow Frank! Not only was that a killer score, but you still have it and you are using it all these years later. That makes the deal even better!

19. 3 things we never have enough of;
    Room,money or projects.

GET ER DONE!

20. 303racer

303racer

21. Well I've been getting ready for winter around here so little actual work on the Roadster (I do think about it alot!)

I did swap the Tudor for the roadter body and got this:

[​IMG]

Does that count for an update?

Mikel50 likes this.
  22. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

awesome project,kinda reminds me of model bashing when I was a kid.....

23. screwball

screwball

I think I know the guy you got the roadster from is he into duck decoys?

24. I was at his place the other day to pick up an old Harley Springer frontend, and I asked him about the duck decoys. Yes its the same guy. Small world!

25. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

26. sololobo

sololobo

What a great score man, but I admit I am green with envy. That is the coolest roadster combo . The dude you got it from has a great coupe, I want some Bob Evans for breakfast after seeing the pix in one of his joints parking lots. So I have to tell you this has been a post of me being a jealous dude, no roadster, no cool coupe, no Bob Evans for breakfast. But it really is cool to see your great score, just jiving on all my wishes. I am thrilled for ya dude, this is just awesome. ~sololobo~

27. 18n57

18n57

Nice, I have a saveable '29 roadster and I would sure like to score a '32 frame..you did well...keep up the good work!!

28. fitzee

fitzee

Man you have lots of cool stuff!! great project.. It is mint if it was in these parts!!lol

29. So I went on a roadtrip on Saturday. I had a lead on some parts on Toronto. I woke up at 4am, hit the road, picked up a buddy in Oshawa, and made it to the guys place at 8:32 AM (he said 8:30 sharp!)

The plan was to pick up a Model B engine, with a Zepher intake, a header, and a Mallory distributer. I was also getting a trunk lid aswell. He said he had some other stuff, so I took alittle extra cash, and good thing I did. So after a long day and 835Km (lots of miles!) I was home with a smile.

Minivans are handy! Great on gas and its like a truck with a cap!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rumble lid was a brand new inner and outer

[​IMG]

The banger intake and distributer and a column drop, but I'm not sure what its from

[​IMG]

Some extra spindles for the parts shelf

[​IMG]

So the header wasn't for the banger motor, but I ended up with
    -recored 30/31 rad
    -trunk lid
    -'32 axle
    -37-41 spindles
    -42-48 spindels
    -Zepher intake
    -Mallory distributer
    -28/29 rad shell
    -28/29 cowl sides
    -F1 steering box
    -a pair of 94 carbs
    -a couple 30/31 closed car windshield frames
    -1932 Model B engine disassembled
    -coumn drop with key and it works!
    -and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Then to top the whole weekend off, I traded a couple parts to a friend for a complete deluxe interior kit for my roadster! Now I need to find a seat frame and rumble seat parts.

What a great weekend!

kidcampbell71 likes this.