Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy Antique Auto Insurance Changes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Oct 21, 2011.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just read on the Ford Barn that Grundy is no longer writing antique car insurance and has transfered it's policies to another company,Philadelphia Indemnities. I just got off the phone with Grundy and the transfer took place yesterday. The lady I talked to said as far as she knew nothing would change except they (Grundy) would'nt be writing any new policies. Interesting how that will effect those of use who had cars insured with Grundy???

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Damn!! That is me......I better call them and see if whats going on.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I read that thread over there and am shocked. I'm hoping it's just something easy like Grundy changed underwriters or something.

4. S.F.

S.F.

seems like everytime I've ever heard anyone who tried to claim anything through them or hagerty (in the Dayton Ohio area)...it always takes forever and they usually dont get anything or even close to what they thought they would get. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone ever had to claim anything and came out ok?

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not true. I've had TWO huge claims with Hagerty and was treated fairly, very fairly. Agreed value paid in full for a total loss just a month after having another huge claim for the smash. Dad has had a couple of small claims with Grundy, again treated fairly and honestly.

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

This is from the website...Im in MA, so either I dont have insurance or nothing has changed with mine:confused:

Is Grundy Still my Insurance Agency?

As of October 20, 2011, Philadelphia Insurance (PHLY) has assumed administrative responsibilities of policies previously issued under the name "Grundy Worldwide" in all states except Massachusetts and South Carolina.

In 48 states, PHLY has imposed a "non-compete" on Grundy Insurance at the current time, which prohibits us from writing new Collector-Car-Only policies. We hope that in the future, the non-compete is reversed, rescinded or expired. Until that time, we can insure collector vehicles, but only in conjunction with other policies.

If you want to take advantage of our expertise and legendary service, please check out our two new, breakthrough insurance products. We believe these new programs will evolve to be the future standard of insuring all your vehicles.

The Programs

• The "MVP" all-in-one policy offered through our Motor Vehicle Program
      • Our "MVP" policy offers you Agreed Value coverage on all of your motorized vehicles, including everything from daily driver and exotic specialty cars to motor homes and motorcycles.

• The Special Collections policy, offered as part of our Special Client Services
      • Our Special Collections policy insures everything that you collect from fine art, to auto collections, to coins, stamps, bronzes, guns and more. We understand that most collectors have many things that they collect, and we are proud to offer services to protect them all.

Also, if you own a boat, we have expanded our Marine Insurance program to cover all types of boats from classic yachts and runabouts to modern yachts and raced sailboats.

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

It would have been nice to get a letter about this or something, If I got a letter from "Philadelphia Insurance" I would most likely throw it away!

8. fibertech

fibertech
    BANNED

I just became a Grundy customer for my 67 Nova as of 01 SEP 11. I turned in a towing claim three weeks ago, and I got a check for the full amount of the tow bill in 6 days. The check came from Philly Ins.

9. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Philadelphia Indemnities has been listed on my proof of insurance cards for the past 2 years as the company actually insuring my cars, not Grundy.

I have 4 cars with them. This isn't new to me ?

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

11. Kenny P

Kenny P

Same here, my cards have that on 'em too.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats called the underwriter.

13. Aviator

Aviator

It seems that Grundy may have been a General Agent (exclusive) for an automobile program under written by Philadelphia Indemnities Insurance Co. I am told that Grundy is not and has not been an insurance company but only an agent for the insurance company. After reading Slick Willy's comments my guess is that Grundy will develop a program with another insurer subject to the non-compete. I am sure that letters to policyholders will be forthcoming very soon in accordance with most state insurance laws. Someone indicated that it only happened yesterday. Check your mail.

14. This sounds accurate to me. Think my insurance cards had the PHLY name on them all along. My agents says not to worry :cool: but I haven't seen a bill for insurance coverage on my new 32 written in early September yet. I do have an insurance card however.

15. Now I'm confused. Like you folks, my cards have said Phila Indemnity for the past few yrs. As Denise states, they were the underwriters for Grundy's policies, so now whats up? Is all still the same or has everything changed? Ironically I just got my renewal in the mail today. The forms are indeed completely different with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about privacy and who they can share your info with. The 1st page has Grundy's name at the top stilll (Grundy Worldwide a division of Philadelphia Insurance Companies). Help.....I need some enlightenment. Thankfully my rate didn't go up.

16. CruZer

CruZer

I'm in Mass. and my underwriter is Mt.Vernon Fire Ins. co.Grundy is listed on my policy as Administrator. I think this has been the case all along.

I guess we wait until this is all cleared up.

Anybody who questions Grundys integrity should do a search on here. They'll find numerous good endings to bad situations because Grundy is the insurance agent.

17. Where's Becky when we need her? Hope she still has a job.

18. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I think all it means really, is they will no longer write a stand alone policy. Which means they will want your classic car and something else. Everybody currently with Grundy will be grandfathered in I'm sure. I'm sure PHLY could adjust the rate at your renewal if they so choose.

19. bobscogin

bobscogin

I got a card in the mail with the notification.

Bob

20. My insurance started with Northwest Insurance under a pop-up tent at the Los Angeles Roadster Show. Apparently Northwest was writing for Grundy who handed it off to Philadelphia to insure. Now I guess Grundy is out of the picture as a middle-man. The only problem I ever had with my insurance was that Grundy sent my renewal check back with no explanation one time. I thought I must have double paid. Then comes a cancellation notice for non-payment. I called Northwest and got it all straightened out. But in the meantime, I heard that Grundy was having a lot of clerical personnel problems wiithin their office. Maybe Philly stepped in to eliminate that problem.
    Now I'm going out to the mailbox to see what awaits me.

21. I just don't like the sound of it all. Call me an old guy, but I do not like change. It usually isn't for the better......Don.

22. I just looked at my policy i got in May and it says Philadelphia indemnity ins. so it must have been happening before now.

23. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Same with me for the last four years......

24. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Grundy is just the AGENT not the Insurance carrier, I've been underwritten by Mount Vernon Insurance Co. for several years now. Grundy can write insurance from many different companys.

25. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

x2^^^^^^

26. S.F.

S.F.

Good to know

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have a little knowledge about this. From what I understand Philadelphia bought Grundy about four years ago and is just now getting around to merging them. Exactly what that means, I don't know though.

28. Not true with me either. Grundy has been EXCELLENT. Now State Farm and "home insurance" is another story.

State Farm has put the screws to several friends and family regarding HOME Insurance.

29. Gman0046

Gman0046

Had two Homeowners claims with State Farm in three years so they did me a favor and dropped me. I also had two daily drivers with them and cancelled the policies. The same coverage with Liberty Mutual cost me $1500 less. Thank you State Farm. I'm also new with a Grundy policy the end of August. Hope they pay as in the past.

30. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

As far as I know the Philadelphia has always been the insurance company and Grundy just did the leg work, I also have them for my Garage owners policy due in Feb, we'll see what happens. They were one of the very few companies that would just write the garage owners without demanding Work Comp and bunch of other BS.