Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stiffed by a HAMBer.-warning-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toughnut, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

I bought and paid for a hood ornament that was advertised in the HAMB classifieds by 50Bomb. I paid him via Paypal on Sept 7th. After 3 weeks, I emailed him and asked where it was. He told me it would be sent the next day. Well you know the rest of that story. He won't answer my emails or PM's. A stonewalling flake. 50Bomb.
    I put in a claim with Paypal, but don't expect much action. Most hotrodders are decent people, but with a barrel this big, you've got to expect one bad apple, I guess. I'm glad it wasn't for big $.

2. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Sorry to hear you had a bad expierence here. Hope guys who know 50Bomb can put some pressure on him to make it right.

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

He uses the HAMB for selling stuff. All his post are for stuff for sale.......... As I understand things, unless your an Alliance Member, your on your own. But thanks for the heads up.

4. jipp

jipp

thats sucks. thanks for the heads up. how dose being a alliance member help in this situation/ i do not see how if they do. i will be joining the alliance next year when the badge goes to black.. untill then i just bought hamb stickers to help support.

chris/

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

It is my understanding that people that only use the hamb to sell stuff typically get banned after they establish that track record. Stiff another hamb member while they are at it and I'm guessing their number gets pushed to the top of that list.

6. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

7. RAY With

RAY With

Be nice if Ryan made a dead beat list. Its not often a Hamber screws some one but once is too many in this day and time

8. Being an alliance member helps protect you from the slimeballs that wander in the backdoor here. Ryan and the boys will help police deals between alliance members here on the board. Otherwise, you're shooting in the dark. Worth the price of admission to make sure someone has your back.

9. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

there is a deadbeat list in the classifieds section, and this turd is not on it........yet.

10. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

That sucks man. Any money lost for nothing is a bad feeling, been there before on a different website over some parts. If I remember someone on the other website pressed charges to another member for not returning $ or even sending the item and actually got it done. how they did it, i don't remember but it was a felony charge against the seller.

11. brad chevy

brad chevy

If you filed the claim with Pay-pal before the 45 day limit you should get your money back.

12. monsterflake

monsterflake

if you read ryan's note, he now mediates ONLY alliance member to alliance member transactions. if that's not clear enough, i'm not sure what else to tell you, but bitching about it here won't help...

13. i have one for sale! ill give it to ya super cheap due to the crap you dealt with .

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

That's why I don't deal with Hambers who only post in the classified section. Another site I'm on, people that don't contribute to the forum are removed from the classifies.

15. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

no but it might save some other person some hard earned cash.

P.S i'll see if i have one,if i do it's your for shipping!

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

not really, it'll just get deleted, quickly.

(edit-i've paid for stuff, waited for weeks without the seller returning emails or notes, only to have it show up one day. some people are slow, some people are thieves.)

17. Old&Low

Old&Low

To 'police' all classified transactions would be an overwhelming task; in the first 'sticky' in the classified section Ryan explains this. He states that transactions between Alliance members will be 'policed.' Simple as that. If you do a deal with another Alliance member you have a lot more power/pull to put to bear against a bad seller or buyer. Along with the Vendor discounts it's a 'no-brainer' to me: become an Alliance Member!!

18. HotRodKush

HotRodKush

The guys who posted above about Paypal are right - file a claim that the item was never received. If he doesn't provide proof of shipping (tracking number or a scan of shipping receipt), they'll rule in your favor. Similarly, if he doesn't respond to the claim at all, they'll rule in your favor anyway.

19. cederholm

cederholm

Jake is a good guy to buy from if you take him up on this offer.

~Carl

20. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

so what you are saying is if "toughnut" becomes an alliance member, action will be taken? or do both the seller and vendor have to both be alliance members? i've been meaning to pay the $50 sooner or later but knowing that would make it quicker for me to become an Alliance Member.

21. plan9

plan9

Read the sticky in the Classifieds... all you need to know is contained within.

22. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Thanks, will do.

23. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Thats terrible.. I have used the HAMB for years for learning and selling and have never had a problem. Dont let this be a reflection on the rest of us honest hot rodders

24. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

GassersGarage
    Another site I'm on, people that don't contribute to the forum are removed from the classifies. <!-- / message -->

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that is a very wise way of doing business,

Maybe something like that would also work for us on this board !

Maybe the power to be here will take it into account....

25. MRTS33

MRTS33

That stinks man!!!!!

I'd start posting on all his ads that "HE DON"T DELIVER!!!!!!"

Just for a heads up for the sake of others.

What say you 50Bomb?

26. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

Then where should I bitch? I'm not asking for mediation, just alerting others to a certain persons character. I can do that since I can honestly say that I've never cheated anyone. Fair enough?
    Hot rod car parts are usually distributed through a fraternity of fine people and the unscrupulous are filtered out. I'm just doing a little filtering for the benefit of my brothers. The suggestion that I wait longer, does not dismiss the fact that I was mis- told it would ship.

27. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

YEAH, what he said

28. RichG

RichG

The best thing you can do is research who you're buying from, how long they've been here, what they do here... I would personally NEVER buy from someone who comes here to mainly sell stuff, or who never participates on the main board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.