Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "Run What You Brung 2011" @Reynolds, GA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Thanks Dave, looking forward to meeting some new people and having a good time.

2. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Can't wait. Hope the "cold front " we are getting kills some of the gnats....

3. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Reynolds RWYB is always a good time, very laid back track. Anyone who hasnt been should come on down and hang out plus its a great drive coming from the north. thru little towns in middle ga on i think it was hwy 5. I hope to find that awesome radio station they have down there again! What was that radio station Circus Bear????

4. You boys really need to set a date and keep it the same every year so some of us northern interlopers might book some time off to do some interlopin'.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jeff, I agree with you 100% about setting a date, but things are very laid back down in Reynolds, especially @ Silver Dollar Raceway!
    I'm going to make an attempt to sit down with Ed Swearingen and tell him about the turnout last Saturday @ Paradise Dragstrip @ Calhoun, GA with just a little promotion from the track itself. Gotta get him to see there's money to be made with a lttle promotion!
    Dave

6. Or Andrew :D -

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sorry 'bout that Andrew! But at least my thoughts on this are in the right place!
    Dave

8. I promise I will do better next year scheduling a date. As for the t-shirts please give me some kind of idea on sizes we might need. I will be able to do better negotiating pricing on knowing sizes and quantity.
    Jimmy

9. Ah hell Jimmy - no worries. It always turns out to be a good time. I would love to be able to get Andrew and Jeffy time to get down here though. Maybe ya'll can pick a date for next year on the 29th? Then we could promote and plan it for a year.

It's the best damn time there is. I am super bummed I can't make it this year. My wife is going to be out of town and that leaves me with the chillins.

10. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy, as always an X/L;)

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy, a 2XL for me, and I'm not directing any criticisim at you. I just want to try to make sure he understands about the huge turnout @ Paradise, and that he could have the same with a little promotion on his end. I mean, after all, he is the one who will profit financially from a good turnout! Just make sure he has an opportunity to see all the pics from Calhoun before the 29Th!
    Josh, We all will miss you if you can't figger out a way to make it. Me, I was gonna try to convince Ed to allow me a ride along there for a full quarter!
    But Shit, I told somebody the other day that no way would you get a kitchen pass for another overnighter just 3 weeks later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

12. Thanks DOM, yeah I was hoping to make make it. I was looking into some slicks and all. Imagine what we'd be doing at the end of the quarter if we were doing 105 in the 1/8th and just shifting into third.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I gotta talk with you about what my drag racing guru said about slicks on the Can before you buy a set that bite better than those Hursts you've got.
    Dave

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

redsled, you can put me down for 3 meds 1 2XL and 1 XL thanks in advance

15. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Jimmy, an XL please Sir!

16. vegaracechic24

vegaracechic24
    from Winder,Ga

Med for me. Please

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Redsled, you can put me down for an XL. Thanks.

19. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

i am a XL jimmy, thanks

20. Eddie

Eddie
    from Georgia

Is there going to be a swap meet or not? Is the date firm? Contact info?
    Thanks, Eddie

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I and others have repeatedly stated that the FIRM DATE IS OCTOBER 29,2011 !!!!!!
    The swap meet will be sorta independent, just show your stuff and have someone there with it to give prices and sell stuff. If answering your questions here isn't enough, then I guess you can pm me here on H.A.M.B., if I don't have an answer, then I'll do my best to get one for you! If you'll read the whole thread, I think most any question you have should be covered.
    Please understand, at the present, about all Silver Dollar Raceway has to do with this event it to let us run it on their drag strip with a minimum of reasonable safety rules, collect admission, and entry fee if you race, plus allow those of us who do so to have a gathering afterwards around the campfire and stay overnight.
    The event has been handled this way for several years and slowly growing, hopefully we can get Ed Swearingen to see the light and realize there's money there for him to make with a little help in promotion,organization, etc.
    Please forgive me for maybe being a bit abrupt here, but so many questions have been asked here in this thread that could have been answered by just reading the whole thread!
    Dave

22. Eddie

Eddie
    from Georgia

Well, please excuse me for even asking. Many times a swap meet requires pre-payment to reserve a space so that's why I asked.
    Eddie

23. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Hey, Eddie......
    This is a VERY loosely organized event at the present, and always has been.
    To my knowledge, there has never been a swap meet there at this event, and this will be the first.
    Going out on a limb here, but there will be no need to reserve a space, and I bet by the time we start arriving, they will have decided on an area to put all the people wishing to display for sale stuff.

Watch the thread, ( all of it), and they will probably post some particulars for the swap meet action, ( Are you listening, Jimmy???????).

Come on out and have a good time, bring some stuff to sell, and chill out with the rest of the folks!

As for the "Dirty Old Man", he's a Grumpy Old Man sometimes when he misses his Geritol therapy!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

See you there, and come by and introduce yourself................We'll be hanging out by "The Tree".

24. Hey Eddie, we can have a swap-meet. Jim Lyles usually brings some things. As everyone says we hold this event just to have fun. If you put a lot of work in sometimes work overcomes all the fun. Bring your items and pay entry fee at gate and drop a few bucks in community grill pot.

Stealthcruiser I am listening, DOM sure does help me alot with all the publicity. I have been busy lately as usual. I had to make another life changing decision today. I turned in my two week notice today from my job of 26 + years. I will be coming towards Atlanta (Palmetto Ga to work) in November.

25. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Wow Jimmy thats a big change. The swap meet has always been very loose. If you pay to get in the gate, and bring parts, there is the swap meet.I have been there from the first, and have sold some stuff. Don't bring the super exoctic, or really hi priced stuff. Just what has worked for me.Parts I will be bringing, f-150 alum wheels 5on 5.5 ,I think, a few chevy intakes, a 3 speed auto shifter, some an fittings, and the bars from a triangulated 4 link. Just enough that it is not a chore to load. Perry ag center swap meet is coming up.

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sorry if I offended you Eddie, but this event is about as loose and structure free as you can get and still have it! here's way more space there than we'll ever use, and it's alway been sorta pick an open spot and set up!
    Usually I set up myself somewhere in the area of the trees on the right, but some people prefer to set up on the left, between the return road and the strip. If I were setting up a display of stuff for sale, I would try to look around and set up sorta central to everybody.
    Again, sorry about my being so grumpy earlier. Come on down, stop in and I'll buy you a beer!
    Dave

To be clear, I don't plan to bring any stuff to sell this year. For me, set up means set up my pop up and get out a chair and a beer and kick back!

27. Can someone please decide on a date??

28. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

For what?

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Why should you care? You can't get a kitchen pass to come down anyhow!
    Dave

30. When are you going to fix your avatar SOCKFUCKER