Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championships 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas Smoker, Sep 8, 2011.

1. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The San Antonio Raceway website says admission on Friday is $10. Not sure about the cost to run Friday. Camping is free. Saturday, $20 admission and $20 for one tech card. If you run in both an index class and the bracket class, that would require two tech cards. You are allowed to run in both classes, but not on a single tech card (track rules). First round bracket losers can buy back in. Reminder to bracket racers: no electronics at this race.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Done! One week away!!!

We will also have the Eoff Motorsports 1978 Corvette Nostalgia Nitro Funny Car (see my avatar) on display at the TTA TSC race.

3. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Generally it's $10.00 if you are just coming in to watch or you pay $20.00 to run on Fridays.

Now Saturday - Is it a total of $40.00 to get in and run or will $20.00 cover getting in to race?

4. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

5. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Texas Smoker, your #18 post is mostly incorrect! Most of the races you listed DO payout money. The payback money is paid by the promoter in your case from the racers entry fees. Usually 80% is payed back, that way the promoter doesn't walk away with all the loot. I'm sure you remember back in the day when we all got pissed and quit putting up with that right? The track at Tulsa sold because of high real estate values which is why most close. That's the 101. Forty bucks is pretty stiff and SAR has a payout at all their races same with Little River. Where have you been racing? Also do not forget that the Big Boys are paid to "Show" so prize money is alittle different in their case ( you do know that right?)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. Texas Smoker

Texas Smoker
    from Austin

Hot Rod Bill,
    I stand corrected. Most of my info comes from experienced old friends, as I am new to the racing scene. Thank you for your opinion.

7. T Smoker; Although its not often put out there for everyone to see, you've displayed a trait that true racers respect. Honesty. Thanks.
    Generally racers themselves by the amount of participation(# of cars) dictate the prize money involved by a % of the entry fee being split 20% to cover overhead and 80% to the winner. The track gets the gate. Say in the Super Eliminator class you have 10 cars at 20.00 each= 200.00 =160.00 to the winner of that class. 40.00 to the promoter and another 200.00 to the track for the gate. That is 1 class. pretty good revenue split up evenly. if the bracket class's are intended as filler and gate enhancers, share with us.
    Good figures for everyone involved. There is no reason the Super eliminator class should subsidize , say, outlaw fuel class or any other class. If you need to entice the fuel guys to show up, take it out of your 40.00,just a thought.If its all about racing, why then do you need to pay show up money to the fuel guys? You could do the same scenario with them and everyone would be happy.Any more than two or three Cackel cars are a waste of good fuel and race time. You thanked HRB for his opinion so I felt the need to put er on out there. You seem like a heads up guy.
    Tell your experienced racer friends to attend and participate (race)and a full understanding would come to mind. If not don't throw you to the wolves with misguided information that makes you look like a fool or a hustler. If this race is to repeat itself changes are needed in the format to have RACER participation. Is this a race or a car show?
    Again, thanks for your honesty. The truth shall set you free.
    Later my friend, HillRat, from dry Lake Travis

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  8. JAX42

JAX42

4 more days and I'm headed south,Ready to try some new tires and gears, all tuned up and ready to race. Looking forward to meeting all the unblown fuel altereds, sos we can talk about the rumor of an unblown altered circuit. Sounds good to me, what you think? Hope to see ya there.

9. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

There should be a good number of unblown fuel altereds at this race. There were serious conversations about forming a circuit for them at the Hot Rod Reunion in Ardmore and the Nitro Nationals in Tulsa. Several A/FA's were at the Day of the Drags. Maybe the Texas State Championship race will give the rabble a chance to turn itself into a group and make plans together to book and run some races next season. We'll see what happens. There seems to be enough support to form a core group.

10. 76cam

76cam

WooooHoooooo!!!! Three more days to go.I cant wait!!!!!!

11. Ed; Scott , bill and I are coming in Friday for a little test and tune action. Do you have a parking arrangement so as not to have to set up camp twice?
    I Will be running the Super Eliminator class, Scott flathead Eliminator I think not sure about Bill or Mark from Marion who will also be with us.Do what you can do.
    Together would be nice but I'm Not gonna complain or be a pain in the butt, loaded and ready to race, show off a little and have a little fun with the boys.
    Racing is almost the most fun a grown man can have . Lets dp it.
    Please advise, Hill Rat

12. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

No problem. If you are camping in tents, and want to have some space, then set up in the grass on the far side of the pit area from the gate. If you're good with a much smaller area area, then pull your trailers together in the rear 1/3 of the pit area. That's where our trailer will be.

The track will want you to pay them the entrance fee for their Friday night bracket race, then someone from TTA will be around early Saturday morning to collect the admission for the Texas State Championship Race. Glad to have y'all coming. I'm sure the crowd will enjoy seeing your classic cars run.

13. Ed; WE stay in our haul trailers, no tents. If your there Friday i will coordinate with you at the track. Thanks, H Rat

14. Rick....."you're NOT going to be a pain in the butt"....Hey who is this "saying" they are Rick:eek:.....hahaha

Ed, another adder, if possible.....I'm gonna park on "one side of our bunch"...to leave room for Graham and his Flathead, and if possible, it would be neat to have the "Virginia Flathead Guy" and "any other Flathead Guys" in one area....and think "how good it would be for the TTA"(how's that for "using politics:cool:"????....hahaha)

Loading up tonite, so I can meet the Lake Travis Racers Friday Afternoon and make the trek down there....:DWHOOOO HOOOOOO:D

15. JAX42

JAX42

Headed to the track tomorrow for a little test and tune also. Will spend the night at the track. See y'all Fri and or Sat. BE THERE!!!!!! :)

16. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Skot,

Bring y'all's flatheaded selves right on down here! Charlie Overfelt from Roanoke Virginia with his blown flathead fuel altered is already here, and brother, he is flat loaded for bear and lookin' to race. It would be waaaaay cool to have a "Flathead Row."

To do that, though, y'all gonna have to get on down to the track EARLY, if you want to get some spots together. Looks like there's prolly gonna be somewhat of a crowd!

17. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I will be the balding middle aged guy, with the hot chick, spectating.

18. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I just called and made my reservations for a 2nd night. I might even get the late model out for test n tune tomorrow night. I don't remember the last time I staged on a real track!

19. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

20. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Can't be too many like that, right? We'll be lookin' fer ya...one among thousands. Hundreds? Dozens? ;)

Fearless

21. Be there in the morning! I'll be the guy who looks like a wolfman in a Summer of Love AA/FD T-shirt!Couldn't say anything earlier cause my arrival from San Diego s a surprise for Donnie's B-day!

22. Clevername

Clevername

Bumpin' this back out to the front. Getting ready to head down to SA now!

23. Clevername

Clevername

Here are a few picks I took. I couldn't spend as much time as I would have liked, the kids were getting restless. Pretty nice day here in central Texas!

Attached Files:

24. Clevername

Clevername

A few more -I am trying to pad my post stats:) A really nice 32.

Attached Files:

25. 5 represenatives of the Gas House Gang made the treck down to Marion friday for the Texas State championships.I good time shared with friends makes it even better. Scot Ingram in his well crafted Flathead Fever took on Charles Overfelts , altered flatty, also a thing of beauty , to take the Flathead Top Eleminator class. Very good race, close to the wire. Charlie and Liz were a pleasure to meet . Really good folks and a pleasure to be around.
    Hillrat went out in the final in the 8.90 index losing with a 9,0532 to a winning 9.1855. Chopped the tree on me .
    Energetic crowd and the Outlaws and Jr fuel put on one hell of a show.Mary Reap, your one bad young lady.
    The cacklefest incorporated a really good presentation, the best I have seen to date and I am not prone to favoring cacklefest action. Well produced . Not too many cars , just enough. Ed and Buzzy made a good tag team and the crowd went wild. Good job men. First time I've seen Kenneth R drive the Rat Patrol,way cool Kenneth.I'lll bet he's got the bug again.:)
    Hated to hear Bobby Langley passed,I am sure he is bench racing with the big guy now. Thanks for your memories Bobby.
    Its was a very long day a very good show and well worth the price of eggs.:)To all that didn't attend, you missed a good one.:D
    Texas Timing Association, Thanks, HillRat from dry Lake Travis, Texas
    GAS HOUSE GANG Rules

26. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

We had a great time! The turnout was incredible and the Outlaw Fuel Altereds made the earth shake. Nice collection of vintage cars and great people. I'd say it was better than last year if I hadn't missed the Dirtys so much. Only one Anglia isn't enough!
    Word of Bobby Langley passing away the night before terribly surreal. When the Scorpion and Scorpion V came down the track for the cackle fest and sat there running all alone it was very moving. Glad I was there.

Congrats to Skotz for his win in flathead. I hear it was a gracious rematch after he was shot down for inadvertently deep staging in the previous round. His competitor said he wouldn't win that way and they lined up again. It was a costly run for such a gesture as he broke around half track, setting Skot up for the win. I loved seeing the final, but hearing the story of true sportsmanship first hand was even better! Racing just isn't fun without cuase for a rematch next time you meet.

27. Wow, Skot's having quite a year!

Dennis
    (Skot's only Yankee friend)

28. humpie

humpie

all of us at G & M had a great time.the quarter pounder didn't get to final round due to a mix up in the index but still had a time.fuel altered's yes!shook the ground and mary reep cutting a 00 light took the cake.we will be back next year and hope to see more anglias there.happy motoring

29. JAX42

JAX42

GREAT WEEKEND! Had a few mishaps that made for a bad day of racing, but a bad day of racing is better than a good day of about anything else. Congrats to Skot, I didn't see as much racing as I would have liked, was busy fixin little s-it. Sad to hear about Bobby Langley, he will be missed.
    I'll be back next year in May to give it another shot, hope to see all my new and old friends again and have a really good day of racing.
    Thanks to ED and Texas Timing for a Great Event! Thanks to Charlie, Jeb and Jackson for the pit help, Thanks to Texas Smoker for Great food and ALL the before, during and after the race help.

30. From all the pictures i have seen it looks like it was a good event. My dad had a blast with the rat patrol and driving his old rail. I will be back in the country in May and will be down there. Thanks to the texas timing assn. and everyone else that put on this great event.